PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee & The Fair Tax

Eric21ND
06-03-2009, 01:03 AM
How and where did they get their start together?

He never mentioned previously until Iowa that I'm aware of. Did they make an agreement for Huck to be their spokesman? And lastly why didn't they court Ron Paul?

DeadheadForPaul
06-03-2009, 01:14 AM
How and where did they get their start together?

He never mentioned previously until Iowa that I'm aware of. Did they make an agreement for Huck to be their spokesman? And lastly why didn't they court Ron Paul?

There were some dirty behind-the-scenes agreements. That came out of nowhere. I remember that everyone expected Huck to finish middle of the pack to last. He rode the coattails of the FairTax movement - don't know how on earth he got on their good side

Brooklyn Red Leg
06-03-2009, 01:24 AM
Well, Huckleberry is another NeoCon douchebag. And the Fair Tax is anything but as it still gives the government taxing powers that they aren't supposed to have. As it is, the Fair Tax is being used to get people behind the Obama VAT coming down the pipe. Get ready to shell out even more to the Feds.

Kraig
06-03-2009, 08:51 AM
And lastly why didn't they court Ron Paul?

Probably because Ron Paul wants to abolish the IRS and replace it with nothing, not the "fair" tax, I doubt they would be able to, and I would lose some respect for him if they did.

FSP-Rebel
06-03-2009, 08:51 AM
Well, Huckleberry is another NeoCon douchebag. And the Fair Tax is anything but as it still gives the government taxing powers that they aren't supposed to have. As it is, the Fair Tax is being used to get people behind the Obama VAT coming down the pipe. Get ready to shell out even more to the Feds.
That's right, Huck is your typical evangelical that insults all the dummies' intelligence by advocating for some 'lower' tax that no one has a clue about - though it sounds good. More than likely, the FT won't axe the IRS but instead will allow both an income and a sales tax. Sounds like an NWO guy to me - for sure.