PDA

View Full Version : Help Get Ian from Free Talk Live on Freedom Watch

FSP-Rebel
06-02-2009, 10:26 PM
http://freedomwatch.uservoice.com/pages/16626-freedom-watch-guest-suggestions/suggestions/174011-ian-freeman. He'll most likely talk about the Free State Project and Sam Dodson's imprisonment. I voted for Kokesh, Griffin and Ian. Keep in mind you get 10 votes altogether. I also gave 1 vote for Garner Goldsmith @ Liberty Conspiracy.

tremendoustie
06-03-2009, 03:24 AM
bump for awesomeness.

UnReconstructed
06-03-2009, 08:39 AM
I gave three for Ian, three for Gard, three for Mary Ruwart and one for that preacher that got the shit kicked out of him by border patrol

looks like Kokesh is way out front

FSP-Rebel
06-03-2009, 08:44 AM
Thx for the votes y'all. I obviously got a late start on this so our intention is to get him, Gard, or Ruwart on next week (maybe all 3 of them!). Though, I'm partial to Ian since I listen to his show the most: 1st sig line

FSP-Rebel
06-03-2009, 10:25 AM
Shameless bump.

JamesButabi
06-03-2009, 11:22 AM
Wasnt the pastor who got beat up already on freedom watch? Voted for Ian and Kokesh

RevolutionSD
06-03-2009, 11:30 AM
http://freedomwatch.uservoice.com/pages/16626-freedom-watch-guest-suggestions/suggestions/174011-ian-freeman. He'll most likely talk about the Free State Project and Sam Dodson's imprisonment. I voted for Kokesh, Griffin and Ian. Keep in mind you get 10 votes altogether. I also gave 1 vote for Garner Goldsmith @ Liberty Conspiracy.

this would be great. I don't think Ian would hold back on his anarchist views like Lew Rockwell does.

FSP-Rebel
07-13-2009, 04:23 PM
Last call to get Ian from FTL on the Judge this week. His radio talk show is a growing libertarian bastion that is on 48 affiliates nationwide with big audiences in FL, MT, MI, SC, IN and many others. They're on countless part 15 and community stations as well. FTL has interviewed RP, The Judge, Walter Block, Barry Cooper, Jim Babka, Michael Badnarik, Kane (aka Glenn Jacobs), Mary Ruwart, Aaron Russo, plus many other pro-freedom individuals throughout the years.

Getting Ian on FW would be great exposure to the rest of the liberty community that isn't aware of the show yet. Thx in advance.

Optatron
07-13-2009, 05:19 PM
I'll only support Ian on the conditions:

1. He will mention he's an anarchist (not libertarian)
2. He will call the Judge a bureaucrat & statist
3. He will say that the people who arrested him for the couch are COWARDS

powerofreason
07-13-2009, 05:27 PM

3. He will say that the people who arrested him for the couch are COWARDS

1. He is both, although he shuns both terms for some reason. Truely principled libertarians do not support the initiation of force.
2. Not necessary.
3. 'Thug' fits better.

Optatron
07-13-2009, 05:44 PM
1. He is both, although he shuns both terms for some reason. Truely principled libertarians do not support the initiation of force.

He shuns both terms because he think he's cool and he knows there are negative connotations, which is why I challenge him to be a tough guy on TV.

2. Not necessary.

Because he doesn't want to piss off people who give him fame

3. 'Thug' fits better.

He said coward before he was arrested, so I'd like to hear him say it again if he means it.

powerofreason
07-13-2009, 06:19 PM
He shuns both terms because he think he's cool and he knows there are negative connotations, which is why I challenge him to be a tough guy on TV.

Lol "tough guy." Thats an odd way to describe a person who has renounced the initiation of force.

Because he doesn't want to piss off people who give him fame

Sounds logical.

He said coward before he was arrested, so I'd like to hear him say it again if he means it.

Of course he means it. The government's veil of legitimacy is a great hiding place for criminals/anti-social people. From behind this veil one can commit crimes with impunity.

Optatron
07-13-2009, 06:41 PM
Lol "tough guy." Thats an odd way to describe a person who has renounced the initiation of force.

If he isn't a tough guy, nor does he advocate initiation of force, he probably didn't mean to be calling people bureaucrats, statists or cowards as if he's any better or has balls to challenge them (he got arrested though!)

Sounds logical.

pragmatic would be the word, i thought he was all about purity and principle.

Of course he means it. The government's veil of legitimacy is a great hiding place for criminals/anti-social people. From behind this veil one can commit crimes with impunity.

then let's here him say it on TV! Call these thugs COWARDS

powerofreason
07-13-2009, 06:53 PM
If he isn't a tough guy, nor does he advocate initiation of force, he probably didn't mean to be calling people bureaucrats, statists or cowards as if he's any better or has balls to challenge them (he got arrested though!)

As if he's any better? Can we at least agree that criminals are worse than people who choose to live in harmony with others?

pragmatic would be the word, i thought he was all about purity and principle.

There's nothing principled about making people angry who are on the same team as you. See, the Judge is one of those grudging supporters of government. He's not afraid to call taxation theft, for instance. Radical minarchists and radical (as opposed to utilitarian) libertarian anarchists are most definitely on the same team. See my recent thread, The Only Question That Matters (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=2208666&posted=1#post2208666).

then let's here him say it on TV! Call these thugs COWARDS

Alright... I'm sure he has no problem with that.

Optatron
07-13-2009, 07:30 PM
As if he's any better? Can we at least agree that criminals are worse than people who choose to live in harmony with others?

No, criminals live in harmony with criminals.

There's nothing principled about making people angry who are on the same team as you. See, the Judge is one of those grudging supporters of government.

I didnt know Ian considers a judge on the same team as him.

He's not afraid to call taxation theft, for instance. Radical minarchists and radical (as opposed to utilitarian) libertarian anarchists are most definitely on the same team. See my recent thread, The Only Question That Matters (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=2208666&posted=1#post2208666).

Alright... I'm sure he has no problem with that.

i'll be waiting to hear him say it!

UnReconstructed
07-13-2009, 07:36 PM
Do you even know what the hell a libertarian is?

FSP-Rebel
07-13-2009, 08:26 PM

Likely, he calls himself a voluntaryist, not anarchist. See the latest @ http://freekeene.com for that. Next, I doubt he's going to insult the judge on his own show, come on bro.

Oh, and mins and anarchs are on the same team, just to a differing degree. One compliments the other. Ian had the Judge on the show a couple weeks ago, so he obviously respects him.

Optatron
07-13-2009, 08:36 PM
Do you even know what the hell a libertarian is?

enough to say that there's a difference between a libertarian and anarchist, yes.

Optatron
07-13-2009, 08:38 PM
Likely, he calls himself a voluntaryist, not anarchist. See the latest @ http://freekeene.com for that. Next, I doubt he's going to insult the judge on his own show, come on bro.

Oh, and mins and anarchs are on the same team, just to a differing degree. One compliments the other. Ian had the Judge on the show a couple weeks ago, so he obviously respects him.

ok cool.

powerofreason
07-13-2009, 08:56 PM
No, criminals live in harmony with criminals.

Not true.

I didnt know Ian considers a judge on the same team as him.

He does. For obvious reasons.

i'll be waiting to hear him say it!

Ok lol.

powerofreason
07-13-2009, 08:58 PM
enough to say that there's a difference between a libertarian and anarchist, yes.

Tell that to all the contributors to LewRockwell.com, the best read libertarian (as in anarcho-libertarian) website in the world.

UnReconstructed
07-15-2009, 10:26 AM
(o_O)

tremendoustie
07-15-2009, 11:52 AM
1. He will mention he's an anarchist

Voluntaryism is not anarchy. Voluntaryism is simply opposition to the initiation of violence. A major meaning of anarchy is the elimination of all rules, and order.

I support legitimate rules made by people regarding the use of their property.

Morover, the purpose of language is communication. If people interpret "anarchism" to mean support for chaos, injustice, and the violent overthrow of government, and you do not believe in chaos, violence, or injustice, it would be a poor choice of words to call yourself an anarchist.

I've never understood this desire of minarchists to label voluntaryists, or self described anarcho-capitalists as "anarchists". It's almost as if they wish people to judge these ideas based on their biases and prejudices, rather than the merit of the ideas themselves.

Optatron
07-15-2009, 11:58 AM
Voluntaryism is not anarchy.

exactly my point.

I never label such people such words, it's usually themselves that do it (Ian included).

Optatron
07-15-2009, 12:00 PM
Voluntaryism is not anarchy. Voluntaryism is simply opposition to the initiation of violence. A major meaning of anarchy is the elimination of all rules, and order.

I support legitimate rules made by people regarding the use of their property.

Good to know you have a brain.

Optatron
07-15-2009, 12:01 PM
Tell that to all the contributors to LewRockwell.com, the best read libertarian (as in anarcho-libertarian) website in the world.

no need to, if they're different from me, I'll know, if they want to call themselves either, I'll see if they mean it.

UnReconstructed
07-24-2009, 08:18 PM
how many times can I vote?

FSP-Rebel
07-24-2009, 10:43 PM
how many times can I vote?
Every week I think. But it's a shame that more people don't do the same cause he is the best liberty promoter that is on the radio. They have over 50 affiliates that push the movement and listeners all across the world. It's a great show

mport1
07-26-2009, 12:37 PM
Every week I think. But it's a shame that more people don't do the same cause he is the best liberty promoter that is on the radio. They have over 50 affiliates that push the movement and listeners all across the world. It's a great show

Totally agree, I don't know why more Ron Paul people aren't listening to/promoting the show.