PDA

View Full Version : GOP: New Jersey Primary Results Coming In!

Imperial
06-02-2009, 09:48 PM
The results thus far:

Governor: Chris Christie, the establishment candidate, won. Steve Lonegan(endorsed by Dr. Paul) lost. I think it was 55% to 43%.

State Senate: Mike Doherty, who was endorsed by Ron Paul, won the primary against an incumbent, Marcia Karrow, without the endorsement of the county apparatus.

Assembly:
Another liberty leaner, Michael Patrick Carroll, primaried up out of a three way race for his assembly seat. He was the incumbent but lost the local organization's endorsement and had the least money.

Ed Smith, Mike Doherty's chief of staff, is in a tight race. All precincts have reported but it is apparently still in the air. His was a three-way race. It is Doherty's old seat(a +), but apparently another establishment guy had been appointed to the post back in February. This candidate is running for re-election.

TER
06-02-2009, 09:52 PM
thanks for the update. It would be interesting to see how Lonegan fared at the polls in Mike Donahue's district.

Imperial
06-02-2009, 10:33 PM
Bump! Cmon yall, we used to care when primary results came in!

The good news on the down-ballot races should be getting us pumped!

TheTyke
06-02-2009, 10:38 PM
Sounds like we did pretty well overall, though I know nothing about these races! :)

HOLLYWOOD
06-02-2009, 11:05 PM
Not really... we really wanted Steve Lonegan to win. It doesn't matter who wins the Gov position now, Goldman Sachs is going to win, Uh, I mean Corzine and his $100's of MILLIONS.

Bummer for Lonegan, he was a really great guy. The DUOPOLY continues. NEOCONS win GOV Primary - :( It's these primaries that count the most.

I did some research on the Establishment's RINO that won. Here we go... Christie Campaign donations corruption:
http://www.bitchaboutbarack.com/?p=1688

PS: Christie, Another Teleprompter Idiot!

OOPS! look's like I already found some Real Crap lookie:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3345/3577020313_dceff00cf6.jpg?v=0

AND Even Bigger PILE OF CRAP!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3565/3577019713_e736982307.jpg?v=0http://www.flickr.com/photos/34993591@N05/3577019419/

Sounds like we did pretty well overall, though I know nothing about these races! :)

Texan4Life
06-02-2009, 11:31 PM

+1

FSP-Rebel
06-02-2009, 11:59 PM
Join the FSP, bro. That way people like Romney won't have a leg to stand on for 2012.

hawaiisb
06-02-2009, 11:59 PM
great to hear they will have some good people in their state legislature.

Imperial
06-03-2009, 12:25 AM
I don't a true conservative can even when governor in New Jersey.

Captain Bryan
06-03-2009, 01:25 AM
So I guess we need a strong 3rd party to run in NJ?

jaybone
06-03-2009, 05:31 AM
Well, that is good news about Dougherty, he is a pretty swell guy.
But Lonegan's loss is a let down,
the GOP of NJ has just guaranteed another 4 years of Corswine leadership, even if Christie wins.
He is the just another cog in the machine grinding away at our state.
A Lawyer, appointed by Bush Jr to be the State attorney, that is just fabulous!

He won by harping on Lonegan's flat tax proposal, that would "raise taxes on 70% of NJ"
funny thing is they never said how much they would go up.
and if you really want to save $ on income taxes, just lose your job and pay nothing, which is exactly what is going to happen to most.
Christie promises to "grow jobs' but the only way to do that is to slash business taxes, which is exactly what Lonegan would have done, instead we will get some screwey scheme that favors some corporations over others, gee I wonder what those corporations will be?
Remember who appointed Christie!

NJ voters LOVE going for a field goal on first down.

speciallyblend
06-03-2009, 05:37 AM
Well, that is good news about Dougherty, he is a pretty swell guy.
But Lonegan's loss is a let down,
the GOP of NJ has just guaranteed another 4 years of Corswine leadership, even if Christie wins.
He is the just another cog in the machine grinding away at our state.
A Lawyer, appointed by Bush Jr to be the State attorney, that is just fabulous!

He won by harping on Lonegan's flat tax proposal, that would "raise taxes on 70% of NJ"
funny thing is they never said how much they would go up.
and if you really want to save $ on income taxes, just lose your job and pay nothing, which is exactly what is going to happen to most.
Christie promises to "grow jobs' but the only way to do that is to slash business taxes, which is exactly what Lonegan would have done, instead we will get some screwey scheme that favors some corporations over others, gee I wonder what those corporations will be?
Remember who appointed Christie!

NJ voters LOVE going for a field goal on first down.

thank the GOP for more of the same,just make sure anyone wins but a republican when they are GOP stooges! if you endorse GOP stooges in the general election you still get a stooge! you must not vote for these stooges in the GOP! if you do then you can only blame yourselves for electing folks who do not stand for your platform!!

AdamT
06-03-2009, 07:54 AM
Why do people vote for these hacks?????

Aratus
06-03-2009, 08:40 AM
here right now in the bay state, another of our speakers of the house
has had his extra~currrrrriccccularrrrhhhhhh actividies spotted. like this is
the third time, the third guy in a row, who pulls an unethical "payola" thingie...

Aratus
06-03-2009, 08:40 AM
3 corrupt idiots in a row in the span of a decade...

Badger Paul
06-03-2009, 10:21 AM
There was also a split in our ranks because Murray Sabrin would have nothing to do with Lonegan because Lonegan supported his opponent in the NJ Senate Primary last year.

Well, you reap what you sow.

At least Dougherty won and against an incumbent no less and he was more connected to RP than Lonegan was.

rockandrollsouls
06-03-2009, 12:20 PM
Not really... we really wanted Steve Lonegan to win. It doesn't matter who wins the Gov position now, Goldman Sachs is going to win, Uh, I mean Corzine and his $100's of MILLIONS.

Bummer for Lonegan, he was a really great guy. The DUOPOLY continues. NEOCONS win GOV Primary - :( It's these primaries that count the most.

I did some research on the Establishment's RINO that won. Here we go... Christie Campaign donations corruption:
http://www.bitchaboutbarack.com/?p=1688

PS: Christie, Another Teleprompter Idiot!

OOPS! look's like I already found some Real Crap lookie:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3345/3577020313_dceff00cf6.jpg?v=0

AND Even Bigger PILE OF CRAP!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3565/3577019713_e736982307.jpg?v=0http://www.flickr.com/photos/34993591@N05/3577019419/

Lonegan may be a great guy, but he's not a true conservative and you aren't if you supported him. Christie is undoubtedly a scumbag, but neither were true conservatives so I don't feel either way about the race. I'm voting for Kaplan. The flat tax is a progressive tax and lonegan wasn't going to restore free markets in education and health care. Get the notion he was a conservative out of your head. It's not true.

Imperial
06-03-2009, 12:50 PM
I just found out Ed Smith lost his extremely close race. Oh well.

TER
06-03-2009, 01:09 PM
Considering NJ is neocon territory, the results are actually encouraging. Lonegan did much better than most thought he would, considering NJ's middle name is 'moderate'.

Elwar
06-03-2009, 01:31 PM
I was listening to Michael Medved the other day and he had Christie on. He was saying how much he needed to win to pave the way for Republicans across the country to show them how to win. He raved at how he will be as great of a leader as Rudy Giuliani.

He then went on to talk about how the latest statistics showing that a large percentage of criminals captured had some sort of illegal drug in their system, trying to take that to mean that by doing drugs (the majority of those being marijuana) makes you more prone to committing a crime. Excluding the number of crimes that were actual possession of drugs or drug related activity...which is a crime.