PDA

View Full Version : Drudge Report going "Monica Lewinsky" on Obama?

Liberty Star
06-02-2009, 08:22 PM
Has the war between Obama and extremist wing of neocons started already?

Drudge had a top headline earlier today with American-Israeli flag covered Obama photo and his statement that Iran had right for nuclear energy production. Now suddenly out come top splash headline of "newly discovered photos" of "Obama's muslim roots" LOL That's not even a news at any other major news sites let alone a headline.

This is not too unusual for tabloid style leads that Drudge runs with now and then but timing is interesting considering how Drudge report got started. When no major media outlet was touching Monica story, Drudge "broke" the "leaked" Monica Lewinsky story and put itself on the map sort of. Couple years before end of his Presidency, Clinton had started putting some real pressure on Israel on settelement buildings in the final phase of peace process he had going before Bush. "Christian Right" and GOP happily jumped on impeachment bandwagon and Clinton couldn't do much on the Palestinian-Israeli issue during rest of his term and Israeli settlements kept on expanding undettered.

This could be just a warning to Obama from Israeli firsters in America or could it be a war has begun between them and Obama so early in his term because Obama is yet again trying to mess up Israel's apple cart?

Difference here is that no one will care about any newly found photos about "Obama's muslim roots" because everyone knows his heitage. But would be interesting to watch neocon media outlets like Drudge, Fox over next couple of days if there is a real breakup or just temporary "lovers' spat" between them and Obama.

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/rids/20090601/i/r3850659215.jpg?

THE EMERGENCE OF OBAMA'S MUSLIM ROOTS

http://www.drudgereport.com/i/logo9.gif

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/afp/20090602/capt.photo_1243904991247-1-0.jpg?x=292&y=345&q=85&sig=PBr0FVu773nEu88n0P9IGQ--

OBAMA: IRAN HAS RIGHT TO NUCLEAR POWER...

02/06/2009
U.S. demands Israel halt construction in East Jerusalem market

By Akiva Eldar

Washington is furious over the Interior Ministry's anticipated approval of a plan to build a new hotel in East Jerusalem, just 100 meters from the Old City's walls. The plan, which would see the demolition of a wholesale market and kindergarten, is slated to be approved today.

Democrats to Obama: Ease pressure on Israel

Democrats express concern over Obama administration's pressure on Jewish State

Yitzhak Benhorin Published: 06.03.09

WASHINGTON – As Barack Obama prepares for his trip to Saudi Arabia and Egypt, Democratic Congress members are expressing concern over the pressure exerted by the president on Israel, the Politics website reported.

According to the report, the Congress members asked Obama to moderate his pressure on the settlement freeze issue.

Yesha Council: US using political terror against Israel

Settler leaders denounce Washington pressure over construction in West Bank. 'Obama doesn't understand that this is a democracy, it seems that he regret's Truman's recognition of Israel's independence'

Efrat Weiss Published: 06.02.09

Settler leaders launched a harsh tirade against the Obama administration on Monday following the increased US pressure on Israel over the dismantling of illegal outposts and freezing of construction in the settlements.

"The Americans are employing political terrorism against the State of Israel," Yesha Council Chairman

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3724888,00.html

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3725366,00.html

Dreamofunity
06-02-2009, 08:39 PM
So where are the funny pictures?

Liberty Star
06-02-2009, 08:50 PM
Added to original post. It's going to be a non-starter this time around though LOL
Significant majority of even Dems had turned on Israel after their recent Gaza massacre. MidEast seem to be in for a change in coming years.

Liberty Star
06-03-2009, 09:37 AM
Too early to tell but there might be some trouble brewing down there in holy land:

U.S.-Israeli relationship takes new direction

Tue Jun 2, 2009 5:24pm IST Email | Print |

By Jeffrey Heller

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Pressure. Defiance. Collision. After George W. Bush's terms of endearment for Israel -- a country he once described as a "light unto nations" -- a different terminology is being used to describe its cloudy relationship with his successor, Barack Obama.

The U.S.-Israeli rift after eight years of a Bush presidency that pursued statehood only late in its second term and turned a blind eye to settlement building is raising questions over whether a close alliance will deteriorate into alienation.

Maariv, a popular Israeli newspaper, summed it up in a one-word, front-page headline on Tuesday: "Pressure".

http://in.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idINIndia-40040020090602

Liberty Star
06-03-2009, 06:00 PM
This appaers to be shaping up as an interesting fight ahead:

Rightists to circulate doctored photos of kaffiyah-clad Obama

http://www.ynetnews.com/PicServer2/02022009/2006003/2_a.jpg

200 right-wing activists demonstrate outside American Consulate in Jerusalem in protest of growing pressure to halt settlement construction; extremists to circulate doctored photos of US president in Arab headdress and shaking Ahmadinejad's hand

Efrat Weiss Published: 06.03.09, 20:51 / Israel News

Doctored photos of US President Barack Obama wearing a kaffiyah (traditional Arab headdress) with a caption reading "Jew-hating anti-Semite" will be circulated in the coming days by Israeli right-wing activists in protest of the growing US pressure on Israel to halt settlement activity, even that which is attributed to "natural growth."

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3725938,00.html

Considering these concurrent neocon campaigns painting Obama as a muslim both in US and Israel, is Drudge getting his marching orders from Israel?
He was allegdly dating some Israeli boy friend by rumors sourced to Laura Ingraham but this would be too remarkable if true.

angelatc
06-03-2009, 06:26 PM
The right isn't very good at photoshop, are they?

Monolithic
06-03-2009, 06:30 PM
this is pretty pathetic, in every meaning of the word.

obama's critical tone toward israel is one of the few things i like about his administration. maybe he'll even stop aid if they don't listen. i can dream at least.

also i love how they call anyone who isn't a zionist an anti-semite.

Liberty Star
06-03-2009, 06:54 PM
The right isn't very good at photoshop, are they?

They are not really "Right" but media doesn't take care to assign precise lables. This one in other Israeli paper is better photoshop : - )

Quote:

http://www.haaretz.com/hasite/images/iht_daily/D030609/248obama22.jpg

A collage portraying U.S. President Obama wearing a kaffiyeh which is set to be posted across Israel by rightist group Hazit.
(Hazit)

03/06/2009

'We're launching a campaign against anti-Semitic Obama'

By Raphael Ahren, Haaretz Correspondent and Haaretz Sevice

Tags: Israel news, Obama, Jerusalem

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1090166.html

Liberty Star
06-03-2009, 07:13 PM
this is pretty pathetic, in every meaning of the word.

obama's critical tone toward israel is one of the few things i like about his administration. maybe he'll even stop aid if they don't listen. i can dream at least.

It's too soon to tell but some signs are encouraging. If real war broke out between Obama and Israeli lapdog neocons on settelements issue, Obama would easily prevail in current atmosphere with many Americans including some liberty minded American Jewish folks on his side.

Maariv, a popular Israeli newspaper, summed it up in a one-word, front-page headline on Tuesday: "Pressure".

"The president doesn't want to see even one cement mixer in the West Bank," an Israeli political source, briefed by Netanyahu aides, quoted U.S. Middle East envoy George Mitchell telling an Israeli delegation that met him in London last week.

Finacially, this will be bad for cement mixer and bulldozer makers like Caterplillar but immensly good for America considering total cost of war on terra.

Perhaps Liberty movement should consider supporting Obama on this issue if a war broke out between Obama and Israeli lapdog extremist neocons.

Liberty Star
06-03-2009, 07:28 PM
This turn of events also begs the question about Bush's role in Israeli occupation of arab land. How come Bush did not face wrath of these extremists?

Obama claims that he is saying the same thing in private to Israeli-Palestinian leaders as he says in public and he may be telling the truth going by campaigns against him by jewish extremists. Bush did force Israel to get out of Gaza but was he using forked tongue on issue of jewish settlement expansion on arab land? Or was he just a weak leader?

Quote:

Bush: Israel Must End Occupation of Arab Land

NPR.org, January 10, 2008 · President Bush said Thursday that a Mideast peace deal would require "painful concessions" on both sides as well as an end to the "occupation" of Arab land by the Israeli military.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=17986250

klamath
06-03-2009, 07:34 PM
This is one area I like Obama's approach better than Bush but I MUCH prefer RP's approach of getting out politically from the entire middle east.
With Obama's approach it will be just our stupid luck to have Iran do something stupid and drop a nuke on Israel and then our country will be right back where we started from.

Liberty Star
06-03-2009, 07:42 PM
This is one area I like Obama's approach better than Bush but I MUCH prefer RP's approach of getting out politically from the entire middle east.
With Obama's approach it will be just our stupid luck to have Iran do something stupid and drop a nuke on Israel and then our country will be right back where we started from.

I agree with first part.

I'm not sure on second part though, if Israel and Iran both have nukes, they will think 100 times before going to war. Even though Shiite religion is all about "martyrdom", Iranians won't take that route. If Israeli ocupation over Palestionians is ended and they get freedom, Iran would have no domestic support either for going to war with Israel.

Liberty Star
07-10-2009, 01:21 PM
With segments of Dems and neocon media gradually turniung heat on Obama, we probably would not hear Obama calling on Israel again anytime soon on settlement freeze issue.

It would be interesting to see for how many days this will stay top headline on Drudge-Bierbart media sites:

Indiscreto di Obama...
Oh là là US President delegate's bum...
16-year old from Rio catches Obama's eye... MORE...
A matter of international interest...
ABCNEWS: NO HE DIDN'T ...
Has Barack been taking lessons from Berlusconi?

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/rids/20090709/i/r3356552547.jpg
SECOND STIMULUS PACKAGE!

http://www.drudgereport.com/i/logo9.gif

sevin
07-10-2009, 01:27 PM
Wait, wait. I thought a while back everyone was saying that Zionists put Obama in office. wtf?

Liberty Star
07-10-2009, 01:42 PM
He got support from many quarters including liberal and anti-war crowd, Israel lobby was sufficiently diversified to fund both Obama and McCain although some of the more hardcore elements clung on McCain.

Obama is a politician and swings in all directions , he needs to get message to not get out of line.

Here is a recent warning to Obama from a so called democrat leader who could be getting lot of funding from foreign lobby groups:

Sen. Reid to Obama: Back Off Israel, Pressure Palestinians
Warns President Not to Let Peace Process Interfere With Measures Against Iran

by Jason Ditz, June 19, 2009

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid has issued a letter to President Barack Obama urging him to reverse his course on Palestinian peace talks, to back off of his criticism of Israel and focus of pressuring the Palestinians instead.

Senator Harry ReidObama has urged the Israeli government to accept a two-state solution to the decades-long conflict, and to end the expansion of settlements in the West Bank. Israel’s right-wing government has refused to end the settlement expansion, and has said it would accept a Palestinian state under certain conditions.

http://www.ynet.co.il/english/articles/0,7340,L-3733983,00.html

No1ButPaul08
07-10-2009, 02:05 PM
I'm a little confused. During the election cycle the Florida Jews in Congress (Debbie Wasserman-Schultz and Robert Wexler come to mind) assured their Jewish constituency that Obama was, "an A+ for Israel."

Liberty Star
07-10-2009, 02:31 PM
To better understand this phenomen, I would suggest looking up following:

- Obama's pre-election speech to AIPAC funders where he gives all of Jerusalem to Israel followed by his subsequent flip flop
- His recent policy announcements just before Cairo speech when he says he does not want to see a single Israeli cement mixer on Palestinian land demanding a complete freeze of settlements.
- Recent Max Blumenthal's bombshell video "Feelling the hate in Jerusalem" in which some American supporters of Israeli settlers are seen calling Obama all sorts of racial slurs, one of them claims that he worked in Obama camapaign. Youtube has been trying to ban it completely but you may find it still.

Obama perhaps can be described as an opportunist ambitious politician, somewhat risky and unpredictable even for his funders. But if he got out of line too much, we could soon start seeing Obama "scandals".

jmdrake
07-10-2009, 02:51 PM
It's too soon to tell but some signs are encouraging. If real war broke out between Obama and Israeli lapdog neocons on settelements issue, Obama would easily prevail in current atmosphere with many Americans including some liberty minded American Jewish folks on his side.

Finacially, this will be bad for cement mixer and bulldozer makers like Caterplillar but immensly good for America considering total cost of war on terra.

Perhaps Liberty movement should consider supporting Obama on this issue if a war broke out between Obama and Israeli lapdog extremist neocons.

Ummm....NO! Obama is as much a tool of AIPAC as Bush or Clinton or anyone else. Yes I said Clinton. If you think his troubles were because he didn't support Israel then you weren't paying attention when he was president. You need to re-watch Obama's AIPAC speech. You need to read the article in Ha'aretz praising his choice for chief of staff Rham Emanuel. (His father was a member of a zionist terrorist group). You need to pay attention to the fact that Emanuel wants to use the so called "war on terror" to take away your gun rights. Then get back with us.

Liberty Star
07-10-2009, 02:53 PM
After watching this ABC video on yahoo , Sarkozy may have been behind all this and Obama may have been looking at floor steps :

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=3906861&cl=14430477&ch=4226716&src=news

But if Obama changed his view on Israeli settlement freeze, we may have to look at the video more closely to explore all possibilities LOL

Anti Federalist
07-10-2009, 02:54 PM
Ummm....NO! Obama is as much a tool of AIPAC as Bush or Clinton or anyone else. Yes I said Clinton. If you think his troubles were because he didn't support Israel then you weren't paying attention when he was president. You need to re-watch Obama's AIPAC speech. You need to read the article in Ha'aretz praising his choice for chief of staff Rham Emanuel. (His father was a member of a zionist terrorist group). You need to pay attention to the fact that Emanuel wants to use the so called "war on terror" to take away your gun rights. Then get back with us.

Yup, that ^^

Any "rift" is nothing more than smoke and mirrors.

Anti Federalist
07-10-2009, 02:56 PM
After watching this ABC video on yahoo , Sarkozy may have been behind all this and Obama may have been looking at floor steps :

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=3906861&cl=14430477&ch=4226716&src=news

But if Obama changed his view on Israeli settlement freeze, we may have to look at the video more closely to explore all possibilities LOL

Yah, I watched the full video as well, far be it from to defend any political slut, but when you watch the whole thing, it's pretty clear, he was looking down at the steps.

Liberty Star
07-10-2009, 02:57 PM
Yah, I watched the full video as well, far be it from to defend any political slut, but when you watch the whole thing, it's pretty clear, he was looking down at the steps.

Yea photo is misleading. After watching the vid, I was arriving at same conclusion.

Liberty Star
07-10-2009, 03:04 PM
Yup, that ^^

Any "rift" is nothing more than smoke and mirrors.

That is probably possible or even probable.

But there are also some liberal Jewish supporters of Obama who want him to put some pressure on Israel for two state solution. There are many forces at work in this complex arrangement. These are unprecdented times in US history, my view is that there has been slight change in US foreign policy but nowhere near sufficient and it remains self-defeating overall.

jmdrake
07-10-2009, 03:32 PM
That is probably possible or even probable.

But there are also some liberal Jewish supporters of Obama who want him to put some pressure on Israel for two state solution. There are many forces at work in this complex arrangement. These are unprecdented times in US history, my view is that there has been slight change in US foreign policy but nowhere near sufficient and it remains self-defeating overall.

Here's a thought. Instead of pressuring Israel and supporting Israel or pressuring the Palestinians and supporting the Palestinians why don't we stop funding (and pressuring) either group? Once the American sugartit get's turned off and the corrupt leaders of both groups no that they have to fend for themselves they may sit down and talk this thing out. Or they may fight until the bitter end. Either way there is little we can do to impose people on two separate groups that seem to not want it.

Liberty Star
07-10-2009, 03:40 PM
Here's a thought. Instead of pressuring Israel and supporting Israel or pressuring the Palestinians and supporting the Palestinians why don't we stop funding (and pressuring) either group? Once the American sugartit get's turned off and the corrupt leaders of both groups no that they have to fend for themselves they may sit down and talk this thing out. Or they may fight until the bitter end. Either way there is little we can do to impose people on two separate groups that seem to not want it.

Apparently many are not willing to cut off aid to Israel, that's why. Lobbies bribed media brianwashing has something to do with it perhaps.

That may also explain arab motivation to hurt US economy starting from 1973 oil emarbgo to more recent tactics.

January 11, 2009

Promoted to Headline (H3) on 1/11/09:
How Bush Unwittingly Helped Bin Laden's Plan To Wreck U.S. Economy

By MARC McDONALD

"We are continuing this policy in bleeding America to the point of bankruptcy."
---Osama bin Laden, 2004 videotape statement.

http://www.opednews.com/articles/How-Bush-Unwittingly-Helpe-by-Marc-McDonald-090111-958.html

jmdrake
07-10-2009, 03:58 PM
Apparently many are not willing to cut off aid to Israel, that's why. Lobbies bribed media brianwashing has something to do with it perhaps.

That may also explain arab motivation to hurt US economy starting from 1973 oil emarbgo to more recent tactics.

So instead we abandon our principled position and help Obama push the "next best thing"? For what? Every president since poppy Bush has given lip service to the so called "2 state solution" while never holding Israel accountable for anything it does. When has Obama spoken out against the bombing of Lebanon for instance or the recent bombing of Gaza? Sure a few settlements will get knocked down, well meaning (but uninformed) Americans on both sides of the issue will "pressure" their congressmen to "do something", and in the end neither the Palestinian people nor the Israeli people will actually be helped by whatever happens. Sorry if I'm being cynical but that's the way I see it. The Palestinians will never give up the right of return and the Israelis will never grant it to them. Trying to help one side or the other "jockey" for position does nothing to help the liberty movement IMO. I'd rather use the energy to fight other battles here at home. (Cap and trade; "hate crimes" bill; gun grabbing; health "scare" etc).

Liberty Star
07-10-2009, 04:41 PM
So instead we abandon our principled position and help Obama push the "next best thing"? For what? Every president since poppy Bush has given lip service to the so called "2 state solution" while never holding Israel accountable for anything it does. When has Obama spoken out against the bombing of Lebanon for instance or the recent bombing of Gaza? Sure a few settlements will get knocked down, well meaning (but uninformed) Americans on both sides of the issue will "pressure" their congressmen to "do something", and in the end neither the Palestinian people nor the Israeli people will actually be helped by whatever happens. Sorry if I'm being cynical but that's the way I see it. The Palestinians will never give up the right of return and the Israelis will never grant it to them. Trying to help one side or the other "jockey" for position does nothing to help the liberty movement IMO. I'd rather use the energy to fight other battles here at home. (Cap and trade; "hate crimes" bill; gun grabbing; health "scare" etc).

Ok, good convincing argument, I agree pretty much.

I have been bit too optimistic about recent flux of change. But I would say that looking the other way after giving them funds and bombs that enable their occupation and oppression of Palestinians is also not an option especially in the post 9/11 world.