PDA

View Full Version : Tucker mentioned Ron Paul today

RevolutionSD
09-21-2007, 05:18 PM
He was discussing obama with his guests and something came up about social security. One of the guests said "none of the republican candidates are for that" and Tucker said "Ron Paul is". I don't know what it was specifically they were talking about but my guess is just general SS reform.

Tucker is still carrying the torch!

CJLauderdale4
09-21-2007, 05:23 PM
I cannot stand when I hear the Republican globalizations tossed around:

- The Republicans are all for the war...
- All Republicans want a border fence...
- All Republicans want the same direction as the Bush Administration...

I just get pissed off!!! I'm glad Tucker said something here. I've heard Glenn Beck and Chris Matthews both say this.

ItsTime
09-21-2007, 05:28 PM
Tucker is the man. He needs to get RP on A LOT

hard@work
09-21-2007, 05:29 PM
So when are we going to take the fight to the media? Seems like that time needs to come soon.

Abobo
09-21-2007, 05:30 PM
I loved his strippers for Ron Paul segment awhile back...
( or maybe it's just because I love strippers :D )

ItsTime
09-21-2007, 05:40 PM
So when are we going to take the fight to the media? Seems like that time needs to come soon.

Now so when Pauls good 3Q numbers come out they will be ready to jump on him. Who do you say we start with? Tucker? Lets organize this. Email blitz next week.

Taco John
09-21-2007, 05:44 PM
I wish there were a leak about Ron Paul's numbers. I'm dying to hear the results.

Hook
09-21-2007, 05:46 PM
I wish there were a leak about Ron Paul's numbers. I'm dying to hear the results.

in three weeks or so you will. :D

Stealth4
09-21-2007, 05:47 PM
Now so when Pauls good 3Q numbers come out they will be ready to jump on him. Who do you say we start with? Tucker? Lets organize this. Email blitz next week.

Thompson may have better numbers and the media will probably jump on that and ignore paul.

im not convinced that a 3rd or 4th place fundraising quarter will get RP significantly more media attention.

Duckman
09-21-2007, 05:58 PM
Thompson may have better numbers and the media will probably jump on that and ignore paul.

I doubt that. Fred Thompson's entry into this race has been a flop.

Akus
09-21-2007, 06:02 PM
I cannot stand when I hear the Republican globalizations tossed around:

- The Republicans are all for the war...
- All Republicans want a border fence...
- All Republicans want the same direction as the Bush Administration...

I just get pissed off!!! I'm glad Tucker said something here. I've heard Glenn Beck and Chris Matthews both say this.

well Ron Paul does want a border fence....

ItsTime
09-21-2007, 06:03 PM
email blitz thread

http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=19455

MsDoodahs
09-21-2007, 06:04 PM

im not convinced that a 3rd or 4th place fundraising quarter will get RP significantly more media attention.

Agreed.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-21-2007, 06:13 PM
I loved his strippers for Ron Paul segment awhile back...
( or maybe it's just because I love strippers :D )

bah.. strippers are a waste of money. I have no interest in them.

LibertyEagle
09-21-2007, 06:45 PM
There was talk after the FOX debate of 60 minutes doing a segment of him, right? Supposedly, it was already filmed. Whatever happened to that. Did anyone hear?

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-21-2007, 06:53 PM
There was talk after the FOX debate of 60 minutes doing a segment of him, right? Supposedly, it was already filmed. Whatever happened to that. Did anyone hear?

Heard it has been filmed and in the can for some future show. Haven't heard any kind of date.

erowe1
09-21-2007, 06:54 PM

A 4th place finish probably wouldn't be big news. But a 3rd place definitely would. But unless Paul's numbers are huge enough to surprise absolutely everybody, the real story is going to be how the McCain train continues to derail. Most likely, the times you hear Ron Paul's name in the quarterly disclosure news cycle will be when people say "McCain did so badly he was beaten by Ron Paul for the second quarter in a row!" So, instead of Paul's numbers being quoted to highlight his success, they'll be used as a benchmark for failing candidates.

I'm really not at all sure what to expect from Thompson. He's so popular with the GOP base that I have to expect his first quarter in the race to outdo Paul, but I could be wrong. And with Giuliani and Romney probably having quarters that are lower than before, while Paul's will be bigger, there's always the chance for a big surprise that could be a recipe for a major boon to Paul in the way of endorsements and MSM taking him seriously. All we can do is keep our fingers crossed and keep doing all we can to have those donations roll in over the next 9 days.

Bradley in DC
09-21-2007, 06:55 PM

Numbers won't be out until mid-October. Give the bean counters a chance to get all of the disclosures together!

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-21-2007, 06:58 PM
Numbers won't be out until mid-October. Give the bean counters a chance to get all of the disclosures together!

Or they can be released for strategic purposes at any time between 9/30 and 10/15.

ItDoesNotStopWithRonPaul
09-21-2007, 07:10 PM
Or they can be released for strategic purposes at any time between 9/30 and 10/15.

I don't think anything short of tens of millions of dollars will FORCE the media to cover Dr. Paul. They are going to ignore him until we reach critical mass. That is, until he is a household name, a living martyr fighting against the NWO.

stevedasbach
09-21-2007, 07:41 PM
If he raises more than Thompson, McCain, Huckabee, and close to Romney, I don't think they'll be able to ignore that. According to media links, it appears that McCain will raise less than the 4.5 million he targetted. Huckabee will almost certainly raise less than Paul. Romney will likely raise less than last quarter -- how much less remains to be seen. Fundraising for Thompson appears to be underwhelming, but who knows how underwhelming.

they walked in line
09-21-2007, 07:45 PM
I must say, Tucker Carlson has pleasantly surprised me when it comes to his coverage of Ron Paul. I don't know if any of you remember when he was a regular on CNN's Crossfire a few years back, but he was a total GOP sycophant. I suspect that the war changed him, like it has with so many others.

Akus
09-21-2007, 07:46 PM
I doubt that. Fred Thompson's entry into this race has been a flop.

how so, duckman?.......

stevedasbach
09-21-2007, 07:48 PM
I must say, Tucker Carlson has pleasantly surprised me when it comes to his coverage of Ron Paul. I don't know if any of you remember when he was a regular on CNN's Crossfire a few years back, but he was a total GOP sycophant. I suspect that the war changed him, like it has with so many others.

I was on Crossfire with Tucker a couple of times -- he had a pretty strong libertarian streak even then.

misconstrued
09-21-2007, 08:03 PM
I was on Crossfire with Tucker a couple of times -- he had a pretty strong libertarian streak even then.

If I remember correctly Tucker voted for Ron Paul in 1988...

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-21-2007, 08:31 PM
I don't think anything short of tens of millions of dollars will FORCE the media to cover Dr. Paul. They are going to ignore him until we reach critical mass. That is, until he is a household name, a living martyr fighting against the NWO.

Last quarter it was a big deal because he had more cash than McCain. There has to be an even more compelling reason to cover RP this time, maybe running even with Romney in cash or some such. But I wouldn't bank on it. (Get it? "Bank on it?" Neh. :rolleyes: )

ksuguy
09-21-2007, 08:32 PM
It would be hard to be even with Romney. He can just throw in a few million of his own personal cash.

RP4ME
09-21-2007, 09:33 PM

And whoooo might YOU be?? Well if you see him again on Crossfire let him know to give the seersucker a rest - but other than that - he's perfection!:D

lynnf
09-21-2007, 09:33 PM

Jesse Benton, RP campaign communications director, was on the Alex Jones show today, he didn't say how much, but he said the numbers were going to be good!

lynn

Stinger44
09-21-2007, 10:36 PM
And whoooo might YOU be?? Well if you see him again on Crossfire let him know to give the seersucker a rest - but other than that - he's perfection!:D

Dasbach use to be the Libertarian Party's Executive Director.

See: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0208/27/cf.00.html

they walked in line
09-22-2007, 12:03 AM

I'm sure you're right. Most of my Crossfire viewing took place in late 2002 and early 2003, so I was probably getting the worst of Tucker Carlson, so to speak.

richard1984
09-22-2007, 03:39 AM
well Ron Paul does want a border fence....

Not really. He thinks that a fence would be a waste of money and ineffective--if you don't put a stop to the incentives! Even with a giant fence/wall, if there is enough incentive to come to America, Mexicans will just go around the damn thing (you know...in boats...like Cubans or something...).

Yes, he voted for a bill that included a fence in it, but he said that he did that because of other things in the bill--not because of the fence.

richard1984
09-22-2007, 03:40 AM

Tucker voted for Ron Paul in '88, though (if I remember correctly--didn't he say that on his show or something?).

themanhere
09-22-2007, 04:04 AM

Yeah i use to dislike tucker but since hes been on Msnbc and lost the bow tie hes been my new best friend. Its almost like they took out the Neocon chip and replaced it with common sense.

hes a alright guy for now.

ClayTrainor
09-22-2007, 06:10 AM
Tucker has impressed me with his RP support lately as well.

I never thought too much of Tucker since he made himself look like a complete idiot saying that "i suspect there is a lot of dogsledding in canada" (or something like that).

But he seems to care much more about his image lately, and isnt on a hunt for controversy.

and of course he supports RP and we all gotta love him for that.

they walked in line
09-22-2007, 04:33 PM
I never thought too much of Tucker since he made himself look like a complete idiot saying that "i suspect there is a lot of dogsledding in canada" (or something like that).

Ha-ha, yeah. I used to cringe at his "comic" moments.

I loved watching Robert Novak on Crossfire, though. You could always tell when a guest was pissing him off; he'd start rolling his eyes and sighing loudly, then he'd eventually make some sort of annoyed comment that would result in everyone screaming at each other and either Begala or Carville hitting the bell on the desk to calm things down.

dmitchell
09-22-2007, 04:56 PM
Are you kidding? That was great, one of the funniest things I've seen!

erowe1
09-22-2007, 05:04 PM
The thing about shows like Crossfire is that the producers tell the participants what positions they have to take. So you can't assume they actually believe what they're saying all the time. Sometimes they just tell the "conservative" to take the "conservative" position on the issue of the day, whether he likes it or not.

Syren123
09-22-2007, 05:05 PM
Yeah i use to dislike tucker but since hes been on Msnbc and lost the bow tie hes been my new best friend. Its almost like they took out the Neocon chip and replaced it with common sense.

Ah....that explains where George Stephanopoulos got his neocon chip!

After the Ron Paul sweep of the 2008 election, one of the many great pleasures I am anticipating is the unceremonious dumping of GS on his ASS along with other neocon/neolib shills as the lamestream media scrambles to replace them with human beings, and Tucker is named head of NBC news.