PDA

View Full Version : Get the Gary Johnson Endorsement!

Imperial
06-02-2009, 11:38 AM
When the time comes, Adam Kokesh needs to seek the endorsement of Gary Johnson. Johnson is still relevant in New Mexico as its former governor. He was widely seen as extremely principled. An endorsement from Johnson could give some high-profile legitimacy.

dannno
06-02-2009, 11:39 AM
Good idea.

Njon
06-02-2009, 07:06 PM
Good idea.

I agree.

Flash
09-01-2009, 03:07 PM
May be this won't happen since Kokesh is running against an incumbent. :(

Kotin
09-01-2009, 03:09 PM
May be this won't happen since Kokesh is running against an incumbent. :(

an incumbent democrat who is not in line with our policies.. I think its definitely possible..

Flash
09-01-2009, 03:11 PM
an incumbent democrat who is not in line with our policies.. I think its definitely possible..

oops my bad. I thought it was an incumbent repub. I was probably thining of RJ Harris or something.

Anyways, good idea. :D

malkusm
09-01-2009, 03:27 PM
Would Gary be less inclined to do this if he decides to run for Pres, though?

dr. hfn
09-01-2009, 03:44 PM
someone tell him!!! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=38552147212

lx43
09-01-2009, 06:31 PM
I wish Gary Johnson would run for U.S. Senate. History has shown that senator's have a better chance of getting elected.

Flash
09-01-2009, 06:36 PM
I wish Gary Johnson would run for U.S. Senate. History has shown that senator's have a better chance of getting elected.

Yeah but then he would have to do some serious campaigning in 2009 & 2010, get elected, & then begin campaigning for Presidency. Might be too much for him. I think he should just aim for the oval office.

malkusm
09-01-2009, 07:05 PM

What advantage would he have by being a Senator that he wouldn't have as a former Governor?

Barack Obama - Senate, IL (2 years)
George W. Bush - Governor, TX (5.5 years)
Bill Clinton - Governor, AR (10 years)
George H.W. Bush - Vice-President (8 years), Representative, TX-7 (6 years)
Ronald Reagan - Governor, CA (8 years)
Jimmy Carter - Governor, GA (4 years)
Gerald Ford** - Vice-President (<1 year), Representative, MI (~24 years)
Richard Nixon - Vice-President (8 years), Senate, CA (2 years)
Lyndon B. Johnson** - Vice-President (~3 years), Senate, TX (12 years)
John F. Kennedy - Senate, MA (8 years), Representative, MA (4 years)

** - Unelected

So, out of our last 10 presidents, 4 have been Governor (4 of the last 6), while 4 have been Senators....but two of the Senators had a higher honor (Vice-Prez) on their resume, and one was unelected....

I don't think being a Senator gets him much further than being a former Governor.

Nathan Hale
09-01-2009, 07:33 PM
Yeah but then he would have to do some serious campaigning in 2009 & 2010, get elected, & then begin campaigning for Presidency. Might be too much for him. I think he should just aim for the oval office.

I would hope that if he runs for Senate that he uses the run to actually serve 6 years in the Senate rather than piggyback it into a white house run. I would rather Gary just run for the Oval Office, but if he ran for Senate he should serve his time in the Senate.

lx43
09-01-2009, 07:36 PM
What advantage would he have by being a Senator that he wouldn't have as a former Governor?

Barack Obama - Senate, IL (2 years)
George W. Bush - Governor, TX (5.5 years)
Bill Clinton - Governor, AR (10 years)
George H.W. Bush - Vice-President (8 years), Representative, TX-7 (6 years)
Ronald Reagan - Governor, CA (8 years)
Jimmy Carter - Governor, GA (4 years)
Gerald Ford** - Vice-President (<1 year), Representative, MI (~24 years)
Richard Nixon - Vice-President (8 years), Senate, CA (2 years)
Lyndon B. Johnson** - Vice-President (~3 years), Senate, TX (12 years)
John F. Kennedy - Senate, MA (8 years), Representative, MA (4 years)

** - Unelected

So, out of our last 10 presidents, 4 have been Governor (4 of the last 6), while 4 have been Senators....but two of the Senators had a higher honor (Vice-Prez) on their resume, and one was unelected....

I don't think being a Senator gets him much further than being a former Governor.

The perception the American people have on the candiates is what really counts--esp with whatever the prevailing hot topcs that may be of importance at that time in politics and, unfortunately, electability is another factor. A combination of executive and legislative experience I think would be best. Being in the Senate would provide him with national exposure that he does not have anymore now that he is out of office and give him some experience in crafting foreign policy; plus we really need more RP type candiates in the Senate. lol

Maybe your right I don't know.

thasre
09-01-2009, 07:43 PM
He's every bit (and more, IMO) as serious a candidate as Sarah Palin, who has less executive experience and also won't have held office for a number of years by the time she begins her (likely) Presidential campaign. If anything, people would defend Johnson's experience JUST so they could use it as a contrast with Sarah Palin's.

"Well if you expect me to take Sarah Palin seriously, why shouldn't I just support Gary Johnson, who has a better record?" Damned with faint praise, I guess, but still not bad.

And now that I think about it, Gary Johnson really isn't in ANY different a position than Huckabee, Romney, or Palin, the three "frontrunners", except for the fact that they were all involved in the 2008 election cycle... which hardly counts as 'experience' IMO.

malkusm
09-01-2009, 07:43 PM
The perception the American people have on the candiates is what really counts--esp with whatever the prevailing hot topcs that may be of importance at that time in politics and, unfortunately, electability is another factor. A combination of executive and legislative experience I think would be best. Being in the Senate would provide him with national exposure that he does not have anymore now that he is out of office and give him some experience in crafting foreign policy; plus we really need more RP type candiates in the Senate. lol

Maybe your right I don't know.

The one thing I do think a Senate run would get him (assuming he was to run for Pres. in 2012) is national exposure....since he hasn't been Governor since 2002 (I believe), he's been quite a bit removed from any sort of exposure to media etc.

thasre
09-01-2009, 07:45 PM
The one thing I do think a Senate run would get him (assuming he was to run for Pres. in 2012) is national exposure....since he hasn't been Governor since 2002 (I believe), he's been quite a bit removed from any sort of exposure to media etc.

Okay, in contradiction to my earlier claim, THIS is a big difference between him and the "frontrunners".

But I still think a senatorial run would just be a waste of time.

tajitj
09-01-2009, 08:12 PM
That is key to his win.

I asked campaign but they did not say.

I think that coud be Garys coming out party, hitting the trail for Adam seeing how public takes to his presidential talk.

Notice my signature, I really think, looking at whole situation, Gary is the one who could come and galvanize our support and take right off where Ron left off. I think Dr. Paul will not run.

thasre
09-02-2009, 06:03 PM
One thing I worry is that it might not be the best move for Johnson, if he's wanting to run for Prez, to make jump into the limelight by campaigning for Kokesh. It would be great for Kokesh, and I wish Johnson would do it, but it could potentially backlash for him later... getting painted as "that guy who supported the crazy tax-protestor marine" or something in the Republican Primary.

Flash
09-03-2009, 05:53 PM
One thing I worry is that it might not be the best move for Johnson, if he's wanting to run for Prez, to make jump into the limelight by campaigning for Kokesh. It would be great for Kokesh, and I wish Johnson would do it, but it could potentially backlash for him later... getting painted as "that guy who supported the crazy tax-protestor marine" or something in the Republican Primary.

If anything he would be under fire for saying he wants to end the War on Drugs. Plus Ron Paul endorsed Kokesh already!

dr. hfn
09-03-2009, 06:16 PM
Gary must help Kokesh! We need you Gary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flash
09-05-2009, 05:58 PM
Anyone know how to contact Gary Johnson?