PDA

View Full Version : Obama asks for ideas; people tell him to release birth certificate

Rael
06-01-2009, 11:22 PM
http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-3132-Philadelphia-Conservative-Examiner~y2009m6d1-Obama-asks-for-ideas-people-tell-him-to-release-birth-cert

This is rather humorous. Obama launched a web site last week called "Open Government Dialogue." (The link is to the Top Rated sort; click the banner to get the home page.) What "idea" is most frequently threaded through the first several pages of top-vote getters? Various forms of "release your birth certificate." Must suck being him.

Currently holding the top spot is an idea submitted by Rep John Boehner, called "Support a 72-Hour Mandatory Public Review Period on Major Spending Bills":

In effort to help eliminate billions of dollars in wasteful spending, I recently announced my support for a 72-hour mandatory minimum public review period on all major spending bills brought before Congress. This 72-hour review proposal, which would help to prevent taxpayer-funded outrages such as the empty “Airport for No One” in the congressional district of Democratic Rep. John Murtha (D-PA) and huge bonuses for AIG executives, is a reform proposal that been advocated by nonpartisan organizations such as the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC), a coalition of reform-minded state legislators, and the pro-transparency Sunlight Foundation.

If the Administration chose to support such a review, and follow through on its own promise to allow for five days of public comment on all bills before signing, it would represent a good first step toward greater transparency and accountability in government spending.

Other frequent posts garnering top votes call for legalizing pot (the demographics of the site must focus on the 18 to 34 crowd) and various forms of opening government - every doc released under FOIA should also be on the net, all meetings required to be open to the public should be webcasted, and protection for federal whistling blowers.

Registration is easy. You need to verify your e-address, so use something like GMail which makes it easy to thereafter mark the sender as "Spam."

Register and vote up the dozen or more calls from the birth certificate. As one poster wrote - "It's not why, but why not."

Njon
06-02-2009, 12:19 AM
Also check out the article at http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=99884

When I was on Obama's idea site earlier it was flooded with submissions about the birth certificate.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
06-02-2009, 12:29 AM
just voted.... bet it gets buried.

Pete
06-02-2009, 04:45 AM
I'm not getting an e-mail verification to allow me to participate.

????

Edit: Still nothing despite repeated requests. I feel like I'm on a watch list.