PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul Sign Waves Commence!

TheTyke
06-01-2009, 09:32 PM
On May 31st, Nelson County KY had its first sign wave for Rand Paul! By the time we got home, the donations had gone up a couple hundred dollars... and I searched Switchboard for some of the recent donors (who I didn't know), and found a few matches in our town! Could be a coincidence, but I'd like to believe we made a difference. :D Nelson County had the second highest percentage for Ron Paul in 2008 with 19%.

Only a few of us showed up, but we wanted to get an early start! :)

Edit: We had a good number of honks, thumbs up, and even a few people shouting "Rand Paul!!!" out the window at us. I always wonder who these people are.^^

Go for it Rand! We are so happy to have someone else we can believe in!

Sign Wave #1 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28983737@N08/3588181010/)
Sign Wave #2 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28983737@N08/3588180654/)

Austin
06-01-2009, 10:38 PM
Awesome! Good work. :)

Matt Collins
06-01-2009, 11:19 PM
Chris - be sure to show these to Rand. I'd e-mail them to him, but since you'll see him tomorrow please make sure he sees these.

kathy88
06-02-2009, 04:39 AM
Nice start. I noticed on his page in the thank you letter for the donations he mentioned future plans for fundraising. I did NOT notice any plans, solidified or tentative to come to PA. Dr. Paul should rethink this. RP got 16% in PA after McCain was clearly going to be the nominee, and look at the reception Michael Maresco got here. PA is ripe with patriots. He could do very well here.

nobody's_hero
06-02-2009, 05:48 AM
Nice start. I noticed on his page in the thank you letter for the donations he mentioned future plans for fundraising. I did NOT notice any plans, solidified or tentative to come to PA. Dr. Paul should rethink this. RP got 16% in PA after McCain was clearly going to be the nominee, and look at the reception Michael Maresco got here. PA is ripe with patriots. He could do very well here.

Rand Paul is running for Senate in Kentucky. Why would he go to Pennsylvania?

Young Paleocon
06-02-2009, 05:59 AM
Rand Paul is running for Senate in Kentucky. Why would he go to Pennsylvania?

Out of state fund raising events.

hotbrownsauce
06-02-2009, 11:33 AM
Remember to get elected is a "numbers game". Find out how many people vote or are expected to vote in a Senate election in a non presidential year. Then aim to get enough Rand supporters out to vote until you feel you're sure Rand will win. (Even though right now alot is concentrated on raising money it seems)

kathy88
06-02-2009, 12:45 PM
Grassroots needs to concentrate on Repubs in Kentucky who ordinarily do NOT vote in primaries. Let's get together phone banks and work these people. We need them to see it's important to vote, and if they are sick of the same old they cannot bitch if they don't show up. Piss them off into voting. Then pitch Rand.

erin moore
06-04-2009, 12:50 AM
Tyke!! :) Man I miss you guys!! I would be down there with you if I could be. Hold up an extra sign for me ok? PM me if there's anything I can do from across the country to help! I know some people who have fallen off the meetup grid who might want in on some sign wavin action.

You and your mom ROCK.

Erin

On May 31st, Nelson County KY had its first sign wave for Rand Paul! By the time we got home, the donations had gone up a couple hundred dollars... and I searched Switchboard for some of the recent donors (who I didn't know), and found a few matches in our town! Could be a coincidence, but I'd like to believe we made a difference. :D Nelson County had the second highest percentage for Ron Paul in 2008 with 19%.

Only a few of us showed up, but we wanted to get an early start! :)

Edit: We had a good number of honks, thumbs up, and even a few people shouting "Rand Paul!!!" out the window at us. I always wonder who these people are.^^

Go for it Rand! We are so happy to have someone else we can believe in!

Sign Wave #1 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28983737@N08/3588181010/)
Sign Wave #2 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28983737@N08/3588180654/)