PDA

View Full Version : "FOX News Incited Dr. Tiller's Murder"

Reason
06-01-2009, 08:14 PM
YouTube - Keith Olbermann: 'FOX News Incited Dr. Tiller's Murder' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af-kE-iu3hg)

torchbearer
06-01-2009, 08:16 PM
They don't know fox news did any such thing.
he is wanting us to regulate what can be broadcast.

Liberty Star
06-01-2009, 09:33 PM
Isn't Fox news pro abortion? They are huge Hillary Clinton donors and fans. Fox owner held fund raiser for Hillary or some other liberal Dem if not mistaken. They may have few comercially viable, "Christian" sounding skirts and suits also but they are a very liberal (neoconish flavor) type outfit.

It would be more credible charge that Fox news incited Iraq war bloodshed that killed or injured hundreds of thousands innocent people.

Reason
06-01-2009, 09:39 PM
Isn't Fox news pro abortion? They are huge Hillary Clinton donors and fans. Fox owner held fund raiser for Hillary or some other liberal Dem if not mistaken. They may have few comercially viable, "Christian" sounding skirts and suits also but they are a very liberal (neoconish) type outfit.

you're combining labels that are polar opposites of each other...

Liberty Star
06-01-2009, 09:44 PM
you're combining labels that are polar opposites of each other...

Actually I'm highlighting their somewhat unified leaning towards aborting life electively, pre-birth and post-birth.

Labels there don't seem polar opposite at all?

gls
06-01-2009, 09:47 PM
If some nut had shot Bush, would Olbermann have been responsible? After all he spent 8 years ranting and raving about the guy (ironically for the same policies his savior Obama now pursues).

AuH20
06-01-2009, 09:49 PM
Olbermann is trying to intimidate the public with this interesting lecture. It's propaganda at its finest.

foofighter20x
06-01-2009, 10:22 PM
wow.

that's libel per se (http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/libel+per+se).

libel per se n. broadcast or written publication of a false statement about another which accuses him/her of a crime, immoral acts, inability to perform his/her profession, having a loathsome disease (like syphilis), or dishonesty in business. Such claims are considered so obviously harmful that malice need not be proved to obtain a judgment for "general damages," and not just specific losses. (See: defamation, libel, slander)

MSNBC is screwed if Fox sues...

gls
06-01-2009, 10:35 PM
Remember when that clip of Bill O' Reilly shouting "WE'LL DO IT LIVE!" came out? Well here's some unseen footage from that day.

YouTube - Bill O'Reilly's Producer (Unseen Footage) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEszZBS7Oig)

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
06-01-2009, 10:45 PM
I really like how the assasin is a "terrorist" and the killing is not murder but rather an act of "domestic terrorism". Real cute!

Liberty Star
06-01-2009, 10:54 PM
Remember when that clip of Bill O' Reilly shouting "WE'LL DO IT LIVE!" came out? Well here's some unseen footage from that day.

YouTube - Bill O'Reilly's Producer (Unseen Footage) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEszZBS7Oig)

Incredible.

Pepsi
06-01-2009, 11:21 PM
YouTube - Bill O'Reilly Flips Out — techno REMIX (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6W7FY0-mks)

Brassmouth
06-01-2009, 11:45 PM
They don't know fox news did any such thing.
he is wanting us to regulate what can be broadcast.

Everything he advocated was totally voluntary. I heard no mention of any proposed State action. Correct me if I'm wrong, though. Assuming I'm not, I completely agree with Olbermann.

LibertyEagle
06-01-2009, 11:51 PM
Olbermann is a despicable human being. His goal is to regulate speech.

kahless
06-02-2009, 08:03 AM

+1

More like regulate any speech that does not reflect his progressive views.

If the viewer listens to the fine details of the broadcasts he uses to back up his argument his statements are contradictory. The viewer for ideological reasons ignores the fine details or is just not intelligent to comprehend it is a propaganda broadcast that Joseph Goebbels would be proud of.

I never thought I would see such over the top blatant propaganda and use of the "Big Lie" technique on a major network in my life time. Where is the outrage against Olbermannm, MSNBC and GE?

Brassmouth
06-02-2009, 08:38 AM

Again, am I missing something? All I heard him do was advocate some boycott measures. That is totally in line with what is fair and ethical.

Dieseler
06-02-2009, 09:30 AM
You don't have to watch Fox news to have strong opinions on the abortion issue.
People have and always will disagree on this.
Keith Olbermann on the other hand is indeed the worlds worst as he is nothing more than a mouthpiece for the current administration and he has rightly inherited that position from Bill Oreilly through patience and has paid the price with his own soul.
Whatever totalitarian Government American citizens inherit in the coming future, I hope they recognize what part the Main Stream Media has played in bringing it forth with their divisive commentary.
Unfortunately, in my opinion, most Americans have shut off the news and only hear the parts of it that serve best to console their feelings and even worse, they can not recognize the propaganda being spewed forth at their own detriment.
News has become nothing more than a commentary as there are no true journalist anymore and no one is reporting "The News" without a bias.
I quote a young man I spoke to recently,
"The news ain't for everybody."

acptulsa
06-02-2009, 09:49 AM
MSNBC is screwed if Fox sues...

Why would Clinton-supporting Big Establishment Murdoch do that? Everything here is according to plan. You don't sue your own quarterback for hitting you in the chest with a hard football. How hard is it to see that these two networks are playing the exact same game? You can accept our prepackaged opinion, or you can disagree and go with the alternate official prepackaged opinion. We'll even mention the alleged 'competition' by name so you know where to go to find it.

kahless
06-02-2009, 12:16 PM
....News has become nothing more than a commentary as there are no true journalist anymore and no one is reporting "The News" without a bias.

Since they are public airwaves the FCC should not allow broadcasters to misrepresent channel content. If you are going to call a channel a "News" channel then that is what the content of the channel should be.

For example cable providers as well as the channels would refer to what is now called news channels as "commentary" channel. So you would have MSNBC listed as a commentary channel and representing themselves as such. Foxnews would be renamed as "Fox Commentary Channel" as well as CNN to CCN.

This would work also for other channels like MTV which could no longer be called music television since that would be misrepresentitive of channel content.

Dieseler
06-02-2009, 01:17 PM
Since they are public airwaves the FCC should not allow broadcasters to misrepresent channel content. If you are going to call a channel a "News" channel then that is what the content of the channel should be.

For example cable providers as well as the channels would refer to what is now called news channels as "commentary" channel. So you would have MSNBC listed as a commentary channel and representing themselves as such. Foxnews would be renamed as "Fox Commentary Channel" as well as CNN to CCN.

This would work also for other channels like MTV which could no longer be called music television since that would be misrepresentitive of channel content.

Did this really start to be the case around the time of Gulf War I?
I think if I look back that far, that's about where I remember it happening.
It was so subtle and incremental in the way it was implemented that few people really noticed it happening.
I bet what we call "The News" is all that some of our younger posters even know of or have ever seen.
Its such a shame and such a disservice to all Americans.
Anyone remember Bernard Shaw of CNN?

acptulsa
06-02-2009, 01:22 PM
Anyone remember Bernard Shaw of CNN?

I remember listening to him freak the hell out and hide under a table in a Baghdad hotel room.

Dieseler
06-02-2009, 02:03 PM
I remember listening to him freak the hell out and hide under a table in a Baghdad hotel room.

I guess I remember him being the last of about as close to a true journalist or reporter as you could possibly hope to see these days.
I can't think of another one after him.

Reason
06-02-2009, 04:28 PM
YouTube - Dr. George Tiller and Bill O'Reilly (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYYdxekfB0k)