PDA

View Full Version : H. W. Bush and Oswalds Top Handler: 1975 Memo to CIA Dir.

EPIC1934
06-01-2009, 06:48 PM
The following is from Russ Baker's new book Family of Secrets: The Bush Dynasty, The Powerful Forces That Put it in the White House, and What Their Influence Means for America
---
In 1976, more than a decade after the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, a ltrrer arrived at the CIA, addressed to its director, the Hon.
George Bush. The letter was from a desperate-sounding man in Dallas, who spoke regretfully of having been discreet in talking about Lee Harvey
Oswald and begged Poppi for help:

Maybe you will be able to bring a solution into the hopeless situation I find myself in. My wife and I find ourselves surrounded
by some vigilantes; our phone bugged; and we are being followed verywhere. Either FBI is involved in this or they do not want
to accept my complaints. We are driven to insanity by this situation... I tried to write, stupidly and unsuccessfully, about Lee H.
Oswald and must have angered a lot of people... Could you do something to remove this net around us? This will be the last
request for help and I will not annoy you any more.

The writer signed himself "G. de Mohrenschildt" (1) (p. 67, Family of Secrets)

1. Letter from de Mohrenschildt to Bush, avialable through the Mary Ferrell foundation Web site (www.maryferrell.org ) It includes
the official routing slip where Bush checks "yes" after "do you know this individual?" (104-10414-10013). Also available is a
memorandum from Inspector General John Waller to Bush summarizing what is in the CIA files on de Mohrenschildt (104-10414-10372);
and a letter from Bush to de Mohrenschildt (104-10414-10134).
----

Soon Oswald's CIA handler de Mohrenschildt would be dead, (ruled sucide by self inflicted shotgun blast) in 1977.

He died on the very day that he received his second subpoena from the House
elect Committee on Assassinations requesting a follow up to his testimony regarding his relationship with Oswald in Dallas with other intelligence-connected members of far right-- often with clear connections to oil and defense industries-- in Dallas from 1962 until the late Spring of 1963.

RUSS BAKER is an investigative journalist. He has written for the new Yorker, Vanity Fair, the New York Times, the nation, the Los Angeles Times, the Washington Post, the Village Voice, and Esquire, and has served as contributing editor to the Columbia Journalism Review. His exclusive reporting on George W. Bush's military record received a 2005 Deadline Club award. He is the founder of WhoWhatWhy/ the Real News Project, a nonpartisan, nonprofit investigative news organization, operationg at www.whowhatwhy.com .
http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=5...