PDA

View Full Version : New story from ABCNews.com

winston_blade
06-02-2007, 07:15 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/WN/Politics/Story?id=3239034&page=1

dwdollar
06-02-2007, 07:29 PM
More respect than I'd expect from ABC, but still a long way to go.

CurtisLow
06-02-2007, 07:51 PM
"I wouldn't call it a grassroots effort, I'd call it a grassfire effort. It's growing by leaps and bounds," said Benton. "We couldn't even manage it if we tried."

wecandoit
06-02-2007, 08:21 PM
One of the better stories out there..but like all the rest..they tell us he is a longshot.

amonasro
06-02-2007, 09:02 PM
Great article. Hopefully we'll see more of this and more after the debate. The media is still confused about one thing though...

The Internet *IS* the people, and the people have spoken!

joshdvm
06-02-2007, 09:14 PM
I wonder when they'll start deleting comments. This is the comment I left on their site:

That was a pretty fair article, ABC--except for the 'longshot' comment. Maybe that is, indeed, a fair statement, but I really don't see how Ron Paul is any less a 'longshot' than, for instance, Mssrs. Gilmore, Huckabee, Tancredo, Hunter, T. Thompson, or even (dare I say), Giuliani, for that matter.

Yet, when you write an article about any of these other candidates, do you make it a point to point out their 'longshot' status? I didn't think so--so it's not fair to SINGLE OUT one of these candidates (i.e. Ron Paul) and continually label him as the 'longshot.' Otherwise, thanks for the fair article.

IrrigatedPancake
06-02-2007, 10:56 PM
I don't know if we can attribute the initial reaction as purposeful censoring. I think they just didn't know what hit them. Hopefully this is a sign some of them are waking up.

lynnf
06-03-2007, 06:17 AM
I just posted a poll question for this article -- the question was "Does
Ron Paul actually have a chance to win the Republican nomination?"

Let's see if they put the question up. Any that have a better question,
put it forth -- the input for polls is right under the comments section on
the right-hand side.

Lynn

rockjoa
06-03-2007, 06:20 AM
It has been posted on digg
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/ABC_08_Dark_Horse_Running_Strong_in_Cyberspace

wecandoit
06-03-2007, 07:42 PM
we could use some user comments on this story, it seems some "debunkers" have left comments that are trying to minimize the reality of Ron paul's support. Anyway, it's not the usual slam dunk we are accustomed to following a story that allows user comments.

here are the comments I just left:

What kind of President does America need? How about one that exhibits Christian values by his actions, not his words? Or one that takes ZERO money from special interests, thus making him beholden only to the American people? How about one that has never flipped flopped on an issue once, in over 20 years of public service? How about one that draws his political inspiration from the founding fathers and the constitution? There is only one candidate who meets all of those qualifications.RON PAUL! It is no wonder he is by far the most popular candidate, republican or democrat on the internet. And would easily, quite easily, be that way across the nation if the mainstream media only reported things fairly. I think that Ron Paul will be known, far and wide eventually, with or without the mainstream media's help.