PDA

View Full Version : MeetUp Stats: Ron Paul up 2204 this week.

Rivington Essex
09-21-2007, 03:33 PM
Ron Paul MeetUp attracted 2204 members and now total 46,574

chiefsmurph
09-21-2007, 03:35 PM
How come all these other candidates are now jumping on the meetup bandwagon?

Rivington Essex
09-21-2007, 03:40 PM
I can't say that they are really jumping on the bandwagon. They can offer free wagons and nobody seems to be jumping on with them. They all have the same strategy, which is raise tons of money and buy the ad tinme and hope they look prettiest.

I am not sure Ron has a strategy, but, he has big grassroots support and it could be a differentiator for him. Right now he has the Pauliacs and a bit of cash. If he can use all the cash and hit with the exact right message ... he might pull it off.

davidhperry
09-21-2007, 03:57 PM
Does anyone know how many meetup users Dean had back in the day? That would be an interesting comparison.

paulitics
09-21-2007, 03:58 PM
Does anyone know how many meetup users Dean had back in the day? That would be an interesting comparison.

well over 100,000.

Zydeco
09-21-2007, 04:12 PM
But Dean had been running a lot longer than Paul.

ross11988
09-21-2007, 04:13 PM
around what this time? man thats bad......

Richie
09-21-2007, 04:36 PM
I don't think it's correct to compare Paul to Dean. Dean was all over the media, while Paul gets minimal (if that) coverage.

davidhperry
09-21-2007, 04:36 PM
around what this time? man thats bad......

I wouldn't say so. Dean didn't fade away because of anything to do with meetup.com. He flamed out because he of the Iowa speech.

This is an interested Wired article about how their campaign used the Internet:
http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/12.01/dean.html

Maybe we should do something similar to the "Dean Meetup Days" - that makes sense and it would probably pour gas on the meetup membership as well.

RevolutionSD
09-21-2007, 05:22 PM
Where's Huckabee on this list? Where's the big support for him the media claims? It's ridiculous that they cover Huckabee and ignore Paul, when Huckabee's campaign is completely irrelevant.

RevolutionSD
09-21-2007, 05:25 PM
I wouldn't say so. Dean didn't fade away because of anything to do with meetup.com. He flamed out because he of the Iowa speech.

This is an interested Wired article about how their campaign used the Internet:
http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/12.01/dean.html

Maybe we should do something similar to the "Dean Meetup Days" - that makes sense and it would probably pour gas on the meetup membership as well.

In the end the media ended Dean's campaign by blowing that scream up. They did not want a real anti-war candidate to go up against Bush because he would have been WAY more popular than Kerry. It was easier to steal the election when you're up against Kerry. Dean, to his discredit, did not exactly go down fighting either when they did him in.

stevedasbach
09-21-2007, 05:29 PM
However, the scream occurred after Dean lost in Iowa (to Kerry and Edwards as I recall). How did Dean go from leading in Iowa to getting beat by Kerry & Edwards? That's something we need to understand.

bbachtung
09-21-2007, 06:04 PM
However, the scream occurred after Dean lost in Iowa (to Kerry and Edwards as I recall). How did Dean go from leading in Iowa to getting beat by Kerry & Edwards? That's something we need to understand.

No, that's something that Romney and Giuliani will need to understand.

Stealth4
09-21-2007, 06:14 PM

Steve I think your right, we should learn as much from history as we can, we have no idea now how it might be useful.

Sounds like a good weekend project for you - I look forward to your report monday :-)

Proemio
09-21-2007, 07:06 PM
In the end the media ended Dean's campaign by blowing that scream up. They did not want a real anti-war candidate to go up against Bush because he would have been WAY more popular than Kerry. It was easier to steal the election when you're up against Kerry. Dean, to his discredit, did not exactly go down fighting either when they did him in.

Kerry and the whole dem party establishment were running to lose. Same thing in France, where Royal was running to assure that cuddly neocon Sarkozy wins. France was particularly obvious; everytime she got traction, she opened her mouth.

Revelation of the century: The 'establishment' doesn't play fair.

Ron Paul will win, if his supporters continue thinking laterally - the proof is already in the pudding. This phenomenon did not get to this growing steamroller by triangulation within 'allowed' parameters.

Playing traditional party politics will see the whole thing crash. The revolution needs to overwhelm that system so carfully put in place over many generations to insure TheParty wins no matter what.

TheParty is not nearly as powerful as their syncopants want us to believe.