PDA

View Full Version : WHAT'S IN YOUR WALLET? By Mary Starrett May 30, 2009

Volitzer
06-01-2009, 11:20 AM
WHAT'S IN YOUR WALLET?

By Mary Starrett
May 30, 2009
NewsWithViews.com

All the talk lately about the GOP being “too far to the right” and needing a makeover to become “more inclusive” has been amusing in a surreal sort of way.

Mitt, Jeb and Colin along with the great preponderance of liberal media types all agree, the Republicans could be so much more “relevant” and maybe even win an election if they’d just stop catering to those dad gum fringe fundy’s who’ve “hijacked” the party.

I’ve been searching high and low for any sign the RNC has kowtowed to the conservatives in the party. I can’t find one. What I did find was a long list of the party’s sellouts of that “right wing” on amnesty, border security, bailouts, spending, guns, abortion, free speech, civil liberties, national sovereignty, industry killers like NAFTA and GATT and the federal takeover of education, to name a few.

Meanwhile, it seems the left is softening toward the GOP because the GOP is softening on the issues. Soft, in this case is not good.

Case in point is one blogger whose entry I thought was particularly telling. She wrote, “I came to regard conservative Republicans as…Nazis. They were not people I wanted to see in my neighborhood or around my children. As pundits like Rush Limbaugh…became more popular, I came to think of conservative Republicans as lepers.”

That’s pretty much how “conservatives” have been characterized by the left, and now, even by their own party. However, the blogger has since come to regard Republicans in a kinder, gentler way. She goes on to say, “I was avoiding Republicans and hoping that whatever was wrong with them would not infect my family and friends. Now…it seems some Republicans are coming to their senses….perhaps they realize that rigid ideology loses elections. Some are trying to strike more reasonable positions…Whatever has gotten into Republicans like Colin Powell…I hope it lasts. Sanity seems to be trying to return to the Republican Party.”

There you have it. One person’s sanity is another’s insanity.

Looking ahead to 2012, some predict another disaster if the Republicans choose a candidate who’s “too conservative” (read too “insane”).

But that’s not likely to happen. There will be no Ron Paul knighting ceremony. The RNC has already chosen its likely contenders and the party faithful are being primed to accept the likes of liberals like Mitt or Jeb come primary time. We, who’ve been so disappointed in the past, know there will be no “conservative” choice offered by the Republican Party. The rhetoric about moving the party to a more “moderate” footing is all about completing the socialization of our Republic once and for all under the guise of being more “centrist.”

Influential conservative author and strategist Richard Viguerie suggests true conservatives stop all financial support of the RNC to choke the party into compliance. Colin Powell recently said “…the nation needs two parties, two parties debating each other.” He’s right. Currently we have one party with one agenda and two names. That means we need a different party to actually have that debate.

Republicans have been leaving the sinking ship en masse. Gallup reports the lowest number of people identifying as Republicans in 26 years.

Even die-hard Democrats are embarrassed by how all the promised “hope” and “change” panned out.

I’d be willing to guess before too long we’ll see even more folks reaching into their wallets and removing the party membership cards that have been weighing them down all these years.

© 2009 Mary Starrett - All Rights Reserved

E-mail This Page

E-Mails are used strictly for NWVs alerts, not for sale

Mary Starrett was the Constitution Party candidate for Oregon governor in November, 2006, a TV news anchor and talk show host for 25 years and a radio talk show host for 5 years.

Executive Director, Oregonians for Life, Board of Directors, Christian Family Adoptions.

She is currently the Communications Director for the Constitution Party. The Constitution Party is the fastest-growing minor political party (www.ballot-access.org) and is made up of Americans who believe a return to constitutional government is imperative.

E-Mail: mstarrett@constitutionparty.com

http://www.newswithviews.com/Mary/starrett202.htm

Theocrat
06-01-2009, 11:23 AM
Tell that to Peter Schiff.

YouTube - Peter Schiff gives the Libertarian Party some tough medicine "We Need to Influence the GOP!" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ncLTFoTFa8).

acptulsa
06-01-2009, 11:27 AM
Only thing is, this doesn't mean there will be 'no conservative candidate', but too many. They will run a host of jackasses like Huckabee saying all the right rhetoric and split the conservative vote, allowing a McCain to slip in. Just exactly like last year.

Our job is to make the real conservative stand out as the only good choice. Unlike last year.