PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul's mini-money bomb doing good, but needs more help

brandon
06-01-2009, 09:07 AM
Today is Rand's best fundraising day since the day he announced his exploratory committee. I just donated two minutes ago.

We need to keep this exponential curve going. Donate now!

http://randpaulgraphs.com/graphs/today.php
www.randpaulgraphs.com

Matt Collins
06-01-2009, 10:06 AM
Almost $32k at noon CST. $18k more to go.... I think we'll make it

KCIndy
06-01-2009, 10:38 AM
We need some more email lists getting the word out...

I got an email from Peace Pac a few hours ago, but that was the FIRST email I've ever received in regard to the mini-bomb. And I'm on (or at least thought I still was) all the major email lists that were very active back during the Ron Paul campaign.

hotbrownsauce
06-01-2009, 03:20 PM
What about the Trevor Lyman email lists? I still get emails sometimes from teaparty 07 and november 5th.

We need to spread word via the networking sites we use. I guess I'll post something on meetup.com I think it would also be a good idea for the people in Kentucky to hand out literature on Rand during tea day protests.

crhoades
06-01-2009, 03:30 PM
Anything to be sent out from C4L?

Gage
06-01-2009, 03:48 PM
I would donate if PayPal was available, but I hope we can get him up to $50K or whatever the goal is.

gls
06-01-2009, 03:56 PM
I would donate if PayPal was available, but I hope we can get him up to $50K or whatever the goal is.

PayPal is available now, or at least it was a few hours ago when I used it to donate.

Matt Collins
06-01-2009, 04:03 PM
Anything to be sent out from C4L?It seems to be the understanding that CFL is not able to promote candidates due to draconian anti-free-speech laws by the IRS and FEC.

RonPaulFanInGA
06-01-2009, 04:05 PM
It seems to be the understanding that CFL is not able to promote candidates due to draconian anti-free-speech laws by the IRS and FEC.

Well there was clearly an e-mail sent out by Ron Paul to some mailing list asking for money for Adam Kokesh. When might Rand Paul get one of those e-mail blasts?

Matt Collins
06-01-2009, 04:05 PM
I would donate if PayPal was available, but I hope we can get him up to $50K or whatever the goal is.You can on this page: http://randpaul2010.com/donation

Matt Collins
06-01-2009, 04:06 PM
When might Rand Paul get one of those e-mail blasts?Eventually... Trust me it's in the works!

RonPaulFanInGA
06-01-2009, 04:06 PM
Eventually... Trust me it's in the works!

Okay, good to hear.

MRoCkEd
06-01-2009, 04:07 PM
Not bad considering not too many people know about it.
I recommend donating if you haven't.

LibertyEagle
06-01-2009, 04:07 PM
It seems to be the understanding that CFL is not able to promote candidates due to draconian anti-free-speech laws by the IRS and FEC.

Well then, why can't one of his other organizations do it? We've gotten emails from Ron Paul suggesting we vote for certain people, so why can't that same organization use the mailing list for Rand Paul?

MRoCkEd
06-01-2009, 04:08 PM
Well then, why can't one of his other organizations do it?

Eventually... Trust me it's in the works!

For the big money bomb. :cool:

gls
06-01-2009, 04:08 PM

Do you know what list was used to send the appeal to donate to Adam Kokesh? I assume it was the (much larger) one compiled during the 2008 presidential campaign.

edit: nevermind, issue already addressed

jackers
06-01-2009, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the reminder. I have been at work all day and didn't even realize it was the 1st today. Just did my part!

LibertyEagle
06-01-2009, 04:10 PM
What about the Trevor Lyman email lists? I still get emails sometimes from teaparty 07 and november 5th.

We need to spread word via the networking sites we use. I guess I'll post something on meetup.com I think it would also be a good idea for the people in Kentucky to hand out literature on Rand during tea day protests.

In the past, Trevor has wanted a substantial cut of the funds that were donated. I don't know about anyone else, but if I want to donate money to Rand, I want ALL of it to go to Rand.

Bergie Bergeron
06-01-2009, 04:30 PM
The bomb is really slowing down now... :(

brandon
06-01-2009, 04:49 PM
Yea it is. It looked good for a few hours this afternoon...not so much anymore

Matt Collins
06-01-2009, 04:57 PM
Do you know what list was used to send the appeal to donate to Adam Kokesh? To be honest, no I don't.

Matt Collins
06-01-2009, 04:57 PM
Well then, why can't one of his other organizations do it? We've gotten emails from Ron Paul suggesting we vote for certain people, so why can't that same organization use the mailing list for Rand Paul?I don't know, I am not an election law attorney.

torchbearer
06-01-2009, 05:03 PM
hopefully we have another round in the revolver for the west coast/evening crowd.

Cowlesy
06-01-2009, 05:09 PM
I just schwacked it with $2,400 to see if your chart works.

torchbearer
06-01-2009, 05:11 PM

:eek:
I guess that just answered my question- but that salvo came from the EAST COAST!!!
Mofo's out west better duck their heads on that one.

torchbearer
06-01-2009, 05:12 PM
http://randpaulgraphs.com/graphs/today.php
www.randpaulgraphs.com

I see the shot from New York.

slacker921
06-01-2009, 05:17 PM

so Cowlesy.. tell us what you expect from that donation, since the big donors to campaigns are always expecting something in return. ;)

(bump)

torchbearer
06-01-2009, 05:19 PM
so Cowlesy.. tell us what you expect from that donation, since the big donors to campaigns are always expecting something in return. ;)

(bump)

In another thread- he said he wanted a beer for it. :D

LibertyEagle
06-01-2009, 05:22 PM
I don't know, I am not an election law attorney.

I realize that, Matt. But, are you checking with the other organizations? Or, maybe they could rent the mailing list to Rand for a buck. :)

Cowlesy
06-01-2009, 05:22 PM

(bump)

I want that afro-loving-eye-doctor to tirelessly fight for freedom, and to buy me a Pabst Blue Ribbon, or equivalent if he's ever up in NYC.

What can I say, donations always come with a price.

Chieftain1776
06-01-2009, 05:31 PM

C4L has the same classification as organizations such as Club for Growth which endorses candidates:

501(c)(4) exemptions are given to civic leagues and other organizations operated exclusively for the promotion of social welfare, or local associations of employees the membership of which is limited to a designated company or persons in a particular municipality or neighborhood and the net earnings of which are devoted exclusively to charitable, educational, or recreational purposes.[14] Characteristics that set these organizations apart from 501(c)(3) organizations include an unlimited ability to lobby for legislation and the ability to participate in political campaigns and elections.[15] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/501(c)(4)#501.28c.29.284.29

I'm no election lawyer either but I think C4L is just holding off for a formal opportunity. Besides it was the grassroots that did most of the fund raising last time.

InTheoryTV
06-01-2009, 05:46 PM
Oops, wasn't paying attention and didn't know this was going on today. Gave a little money and passed the info on the Northern Colorado Liberty group.

brandon
06-01-2009, 06:02 PM

Seems to be working.

You're the man!!!!!

PS- It looks like some other extremely generous person matched your donation.

FSP-Rebel
06-01-2009, 06:04 PM
Cowlesy, if ya don't mind me asking, what do you do for a living? I've noticed throughout the years that you max-out on every campaign involving an RP candidate. If ya do mind, I understand.

brandon
06-01-2009, 06:04 PM
I wish I could schwack it with $2,400 too. Not just yet though... I got a job interview with NASA in a couple weeks. If all goes well I'll schwack it by the end of the summer.

With my luck Rand will win and then introduce a bill to abolish NASA.

Cowlesy
06-01-2009, 06:08 PM
We raise immensely more money when we get a wave rolling with $25 dollar donations...that's the key. A few of us ponying up maxes ain't going to do it. If you ever watch on here, once you get someone just gritting their teeth and dropping another $25 hit on their Visa, someone else who is sitting their watching also does it...then another, and another...all of a sudden, in an hour, you've raised $1,000 because one person pulled the trigger and rallied the troops. A $1,000 that wouldn't have been ponied up if someone didn't step up and swing the bat.

It's a HORRIBLE time to need to raise money politically...but we are the grassroots who keep on keepin' on, and I am sure if Rand and Ron send out enough appeals, Rand will get funded.