PDA

View Full Version : [Youtube] Democracy is Not Freedom!

norfair18
05-31-2009, 08:18 PM
Hey guys, i'm a yal member on my college campus and I made a short video for c4l explaining briefly why democracy is not freedom. You can check it out here and if you like it share it with family and friends. Enjoy!

YouTube - Democracy is not Freedom! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DokFwjeleUU)

torchbearer
05-31-2009, 08:22 PM
great work! keep educating the youth!

FrankRep
05-31-2009, 08:23 PM
The United States is a Republic, not a Democracy.

The American Form of Government:

YouTube - The American Form of Government (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DioQooFIcgE)

RSLudlum
05-31-2009, 08:31 PM
Keep it up. It's young people like you that are going to make the difference. :)

Dr.3D
05-31-2009, 08:42 PM
A very nicely done presentation.
Keep up the good work, people really need to know we are not supposed to be living in a democracy.

Edit: It always ticks me off when I hear some government idiot telling everybody "we are overseas, spreading democracy".
I feel like he either doesn't know what kind of government the United States is supposed to have or he is trying to mislead the public into thinking democracy is the kind of government the United States is supposed to have.

Flirple
06-01-2009, 12:51 AM
Good job norfair18,

The YAL folks seem to have a knack for making short yet uber effective YouTubes.

LittleLightShining
06-01-2009, 05:44 AM
Nice first post!

sevin
06-01-2009, 04:36 PM
Fantastic first post! Look at my sig...

RCA
06-01-2009, 08:42 PM
nice video!

JoshLowry
06-01-2009, 08:55 PM
You made a great video, but try to avoid copyrighted material in the future.

All your hard work can go to waste in a few seconds if the wrong people watch your video.

Welcome to the forums!

Unspun
06-01-2009, 09:38 PM
It's nice but my eyes strained to read the text.

BenIsForRon
06-02-2009, 12:12 PM
Guys, get your head out of your asses, having this debate right now is NOT helping our cause. Most Americans are not looking for a debate on ideology, they're just trying to find out what went wrong and how we fix it. This is a waste of time, we need focus on the federal reserve, excessive governement spending, civil liberties, etc.

We can have this debate later, when more Americans could give two shits.

acptulsa
06-02-2009, 12:17 PM
Most Americans are not looking for a debate on ideology, they're just trying to find out what went wrong and how we fix it.

Yes, that's the problem in a nutshell. What went wrong is we decided ideology is for suckers and we don't need it because we're so smart we can think every variable through. And the way to fix it is to reclaim our ideology.

But you're right--people aren't expecting ideology to be the concrete solution to the problems. It'll take some doing to help them see it. Yes, solutions now, ideology only so far as we have to to defuse the propaganda--and, of course, when the question arises, 'now how do we keep this from happening again?'

Jordan
06-02-2009, 12:41 PM
Guys, get your head out of your asses, having this debate right now is NOT helping our cause. Most Americans are not looking for a debate on ideology, they're just trying to find out what went wrong and how we fix it. This is a waste of time, we need focus on the federal reserve, excessive governement spending, civil liberties, etc.

It wasn't until I understood the ideology that the rationale for ending the fed, reducing excessive government spending and the need for concrete civil liberties was all made clear.

If you understand the underlying ideology, the rest comes naturally.

acptulsa
06-02-2009, 12:49 PM
If you understand the underlying ideology, the rest comes naturally.

That's true. But in order to understand it, you have to take an interest in it. And for many, this may require that everything goes to hell and libertarians fix it. So, for some, we'll have to explain why after we do the how.

We've got to be able to educate from both ends--and maybe from the middle out as well--to win this thing.

Dr.3D
06-02-2009, 01:13 PM

Now if we can only get most Americans to stop watching their favorite sports event and focus on reality, rather than on drinking beers and rooting for their favorite team, we might get them educated enough to make a difference. Everything else is just there to sidetrack peoples attention from what is important.