PDA

View Full Version : Nuclear strike on Iran Is Imminent

Pedro TT
09-21-2007, 02:28 PM
http://www.antiwar.com/orig/hirsch.php?articleid=8089

This is crazy! :eek: WW3 anyone?

lucius
09-21-2007, 02:31 PM
Maybe not WWIII, but most assuredly $7.00/gallon gas--these guys are freakin ruthless...so wrong

Don’t forget, when they go off on these bombing jags, it is like Christmas for defense contractors to replenish the military’s stores…why did the IDF drop so many cluster munitions in Lebanon this last go around, literally carpeting them on farm land? It was a clause in their contract to completely expend before they could replenish with new & improved upgraded ordnance—all on our nickel as well.

Johnnybags
09-21-2007, 02:36 PM
I guess witihin days or weeks is out?

1000-points-of-fright
09-21-2007, 03:02 PM
Wait, who are the fear mongers again?

axiomata
09-21-2007, 03:23 PM
im·mi·nent
–adjective
1. likely to occur at any moment; impending: Her death is imminent.

NPursuit357
09-21-2007, 03:25 PM
We aren't going to nuke Iran. I think they are a tad too paranoid.

constituent
09-21-2007, 03:39 PM
we won't nuke iran, but we'll strike "nuclear facilities" in iran. probably w/in days, maybe weeks.

I'm sorry, but it's played out before.... they're gunna pull an Isreal/Iraq situation and probably get away w/ it, b/c it is in the best interest of most, if not all governments and corporate entities involved (yes, even Iranian)

1000-points-of-fright
09-21-2007, 03:47 PM
we won't nuke iran, but we'll strike "nuclear facilities" in iran.

Now that would have been a more reasonable premise for that article. Both sides of the issue often resort to fear mongering.

axiomata
09-21-2007, 03:59 PM
we won't nuke iran, but we'll strike "nuclear facilities" in iran. probably w/in days, maybe weeks.

I'm sorry, but it's played out before.... they're gunna pull an Isreal/Iraq situation and probably get away w/ it, b/c it is in the best interest of most, if not all governments and corporate entities involved (yes, even Iranian)
Just as the predicted attacks on 9/14 and 9/18? Every fear-based prediction that turns out wrong deserves to be bumped to out the fearmongers.

constituent
09-21-2007, 05:34 PM
how is this fear-based?

you're just being a smart-ass

emphasis on ass.

American
09-21-2007, 06:18 PM
I think i should enlist now and get the sign up bonus. I dont want to wait for the draft, and no bonus....:(

1000-points-of-fright
09-21-2007, 06:28 PM
how is this fear-based?

you're just being a smart-ass

emphasis on ass.

Who are you asking?

themanhere
09-21-2007, 07:15 PM
I think fox news is making people paranoid again. Which is bad because we all know who watches fox news. I guess we should be worried.

constituent
09-21-2007, 09:18 PM

i was responding to axiomata.

constituent
09-21-2007, 09:19 PM
I think i should enlist now and get the sign up bonus. I dont want to wait for the draft, and no bonus....:(

how to dodge the draft:

tell them that you plan to uphold your oath

...for real though.

Syren123
09-21-2007, 11:39 PM
Last Wednesday morning at the fundraising breakfast in Pasadena, Dr Paul started his speech with THIS VERY THING. He said the latest news is not good and it looks like 'they' are preparing to strike Iran any time. He then said that right after the first bombs drop, the immediate effect will be $200 barrel oil.

So it's not just Fox News saying this. Apparently the word was out last week.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-21-2007, 11:44 PM
http://www.antiwar.com/orig/hirsch.php?articleid=8089

This is crazy! :eek: WW3 anyone?

The US is the only nation that has used nuclear weapons on other people, yet the US is all of a sudden the moral authority on the issue?

Pedro TT
09-22-2007, 09:00 AM
Last Wednesday morning at the fundraising breakfast in Pasadena, Dr Paul started his speech with THIS VERY THING. He said the latest news is not good and it looks like 'they' are preparing to strike Iran any time. He then said that right after the first bombs drop, the immediate effect will be $200 barrel oil.

So it's not just Fox News saying this. Apparently the word was out last week.

Yep. I'm trying to get my hands on as many oil futures as possible before this goes down. The next economic boom will be in the commodities sector. Gas, oil, corn (ethanol), and plutonium futures prices are going to go through the roof. They are all at practically record high prices and they will only continue to rise as the fed keeps devaluing our money.

TheDuke
09-22-2007, 11:38 AM
I think even the neo-cons in office know they can't afford this. A nuclear strike on a city in Iran would start WW3 for sure... we couldn't stop 20 terrorists, what about 1 billion?

1000-points-of-fright
09-22-2007, 12:42 PM
how to dodge the draft:

tell them that you plan to uphold your oath

...for real though.

And act gay.

axiomata
10-20-2007, 12:31 AM

Another thread on the "imminent" bombing of Iran reminded me I was going to bump this one after a couple of weeks.

comic_man
01-18-2008, 02:04 PM
Iran has 10% of the world's oil reserves... that why they want to invade Iran...

The following explains the current white house mood on Iran....
http://comiqs.com/comics/FUctIrb3cmc/