PDA

View Full Version : What Ron should do re: Mahmoud Ahmedenijad

born2drv
09-21-2007, 02:26 PM
This is my take:

Ron Paul should write an open letter to MA instead of visiting him in person..... something along the lines of....

--------------------------
I would to open this letter by saying I hope the US and Iran are able to come to terms on a lot of issues. Most American's don't realize all the meddling we've made in Iran since 1953, destabilizing a democracy, putting in place the shah, just to have them revolt in the 70's crying "Death to America" and placing a new democracy, then arming Saddam Hussein to invade Iran and failing, all in the name of us trying to maintain a partner in the oil trade. To say the people of Iran have a reason to hate us is an understatement. But luckily the people of Iran have a favorable view of the United States after everything we've put them through.

I know your administration has been engaged in mischief and arming insurgents in Iraq, but I also know you have a desire to protect your Shia brothers from being killed, and to maintain relations with your neighbor. But this is no different then our funding insurgents and causing trouble in the middle east for nearly 60 years for our national interests regarding oil as well. Everyone has simply been looking after their own interests and using whatever means required, even if that meant by force and through the perpetual wars in the middle east.

As you may know I am running for President of the United States, and I would like to end the near 60 years of fighting and mis-trust between the United States and Iran. I know there is a political solution to keeping Iran prosperous, keeping all people in Iraq safe and gaining the support of surrounding arab nations to help stabilize that country. The stability of oil reserves to prevent economic crises is in everyone's best interests, we also need to give Palestine a state and it's dignity, and once and for all to allow Israel a safe and sovereign nation to be in peace with it's neighbors.

If elected President it is my sincere goal we could work with all Arab nations in the middle east to undo all the harm caused on all sides, end the violence, end the manipulation of commodities, currencies, and trade, and bring about a true free market place, and have respect for all parties involved. We need a completely new foreign policy and we would like to work with you and other Arab nations to that end.

Signed, Ron.
--------------------------

NOW THAT would be a kickass letter... or something like that. Would get LOTS of attention in the MSM.

Agree? Disagree?

Why doesn't he do something like this????

American
09-21-2007, 02:28 PM
I dont think he should associate himself with MA at all at this time. At some point maybe but I dont see how this could help him at all. Right now the public still thinks this guy is a terrorist and as president has the power of the Iranian's which he doesnt. He has NO POWER whatsoever. The shah does!!!

I dont see any benefits personally.

Blowback
09-21-2007, 02:31 PM
Oh boy, I hope you brought your flame-retardent suit today.

ronpaulitician
09-21-2007, 02:33 PM
Agree? Disagree?
Agree in theory, disagree in practice.

lucius
09-21-2007, 02:33 PM
Disagree, this Iranian sock-puppet is playing his role to the hilt--Dr. Paul stay away...my $0.02...

DjLoTi
09-21-2007, 02:34 PM
Dude, Ron has no business talking to him until he officially becomes president.

born2drv
09-21-2007, 02:34 PM
Americans need to be educated of all the trouble we've caused there.... he doesn't need to say "I love you Mahmoud". But we do need to get the word out there all the harm we've caused in the middle east.

He just needs to say something along the lines of he understands the escalation on both sides, that is been a mistake, and we need to fix the mistake by completely overhauling the foreign policy.

born2drv
09-21-2007, 02:36 PM
OK maybe not a direct letter to Iran or MA

But why not put out a press release speaking of the tensions between the US/Iran and how we need a change in foreign policy in general?

We need to give Americans a history lesson.

Santana28
09-21-2007, 02:44 PM
to be honest, i think the better question is - if Ahmenijiad puts out overtures to Ron Paul, what should his response be?

I am not against us anti-war Ron Paul supporters covertly passing along information about a presidential candidate that is against war with Iran... Ahmenijiad is notoriously proactive about reaching out and starting dialogue with people. If he wants to meet with Ron Paul, i'm not toO sure. I'm not opposed to a letter by any means.

Its a complicated issue, but i think an exchange of dialogue would demonstrate that Dr. Paul is a stateman who is capable of handling the bigger issues.

10thAmendmentMan
09-21-2007, 02:47 PM
What he should do? Absolutely nothing. Lots of people would see any association with Amadidinacrazyjad as a sanctioning of his thoughts and actions. This, obviously, would not be true, but it would give fodder to people who want to misrepresent him -- purposely or otherwise.

bygone
09-21-2007, 02:47 PM
to be honest, i think the better question is - if Ahmenijiad puts out overtures to Ron Paul, what should his response be?

Two words: No comment.

LibertyEagle
09-21-2007, 02:51 PM
What he should do? Absolutely nothing. Lots of people would see any association with Amadidinacrazyjad as a sanctioning of his thoughts and actions. This, obviously, would not be true, but it would give fodder to people who want to misrepresent him -- purposely or otherwise.

Yup.

bbachtung
09-21-2007, 02:52 PM
Any such communication would likely violate the Logan Act, and the Constitution's clear separation of powers (Article II, Section 3: "he shall receive Ambassadors and other public Ministers").

See the commentary at the WSJ re: Pelosi's trip to Syria.

http://www.opinionjournal.com/extra/?id=110009908

mdh
09-21-2007, 02:53 PM
I don't think Dr. Paul needs to address the Iranian prez personally. I don't think Ahmadinejad is a bad guy, but Dr. Paul is constantly speaking to a foreign policy that will create a world where we can all live peacefully together. That is, in my opinion, enough. Speaking in generalities about foreign policy is far more honest than addressing one individual situation directly, at least during a campaign.

wgadget
09-21-2007, 03:22 PM
What mdh just said. He can "talk to" the guy indirectly during debates and rallies by emphasizing his common sense approach to foreign relations.

constituent
09-21-2007, 03:55 PM
write an open letter to house speaker nancy pelosi and several dem. chairs to take advantage of this opportunity to hear "the other side" from the horses mouth. if they won't he can say, "should we just take it on the president's good word?"

call their bluff.

Richandler
09-21-2007, 04:13 PM
Ahmedenijad isn't a pretty pony. The Iranian people really don't like him and he constantly flies around the world to for photo ops to get better approval in his country. Of course what the news never tells you is that they have been routinely losing their civil liberties just like we have.

Broadlighter
09-21-2007, 04:45 PM
All we need is for MA to endorse RP and his candidacy is sunk for sure.

It reminds me of Osama Bin Laden putting out a message before the 2004 election that pretty much endorsed John Kerry for President.

The Only Woj
09-21-2007, 05:24 PM
rip out and eat his still beating heart

hornet
09-21-2007, 06:37 PM
ignore him until after the election and then do what you do