PDA

View Full Version : This is scary and we need to respond to this!!

hopeforamerica
09-21-2007, 01:27 PM
Talk about police state taking over!!!

http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Find-Freedom.htm?At=024006

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

UtahApocalypse
09-21-2007, 01:30 PM
Damn I wish I had drove by there. i would have so many suits filed by now that the courts would be spinning.

Ozwest
09-21-2007, 01:32 PM
Government monitored program "testing the waters" for public reaction. Wake Up!

nullvalu
09-21-2007, 01:37 PM
That is soooo screwed up!! I wonder how many sheeple actually took part in that and thought nothing else of it!??

Shink
09-21-2007, 01:38 PM
Conditioning exercise.

Dustancostine
09-21-2007, 01:39 PM
the website for the testers is pire.org

It is not working today. :(

Dustancostine
09-21-2007, 01:42 PM
http://www.trdrp.org/research/PageInstitution.asp?institution_id=627

This is where they get their money.

ChooseLiberty
09-21-2007, 01:43 PM
Insane. It would be interesting to hear about people that stood up for their rights and refused.

SirNim
09-21-2007, 01:49 PM
This is most despicable...

bygone
09-21-2007, 01:55 PM
PIRE spokeswoman Michelle Blackston told WND the deputies "did not stop" any drivers. "It was a voluntary survey. … Nobody approached them. There were signs saying that a survey was taking place. Nobody waved them down."

Am I reading this right that you were not required to stop?

hopeforamerica
09-21-2007, 02:02 PM
Am I reading this right that you were not required to stop?

I read that too, but then condsider this quote from the article:

He said he and his wife were "detained" for about 15 minutes even after they protested they wanted to get home because of a sleepy child in their car

Or this:

Sequeira said he repeatedly asked if the questioners were law enforcement officials and said he was not interested in participating in the study, but still was not given clearance to leave.

or this:

The people were too persistent," he told the Post. "Some people didn't feel it was voluntary.

and finally this:

We say, 'No thank you, we have to get our child home,'" he recalled. "At this point, both clones start chortling at us and ridiculing us."

nullvalu
09-21-2007, 02:05 PM
Yeah, I'd be interested in more first-hand accounts.. Keep in mind that's the spokeswoman of the group saying they were being very polite about ASKING FOR BLOOD SAMPLES.

nullvalu
09-21-2007, 02:09 PM
the website for the testers is pire.org

It is not working today. :(

You can pull it up through Google Cache:

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:-4qPLjHA3_oJ:www.pire.org/+pire.org&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us

constituent
09-21-2007, 02:10 PM
they've been doing this kind of shit in texas for a couple of years now, usually in rural areas on two lane highways, like texas 80 north of nixon and alternate 90 west of Seguin. they will put up what looks like a road construction sign right before a blind curve, the sign will say "Road Survey Ahead."

shortly before you come upon that sign you will have seen a highway patrol car sitting in the opposite shoulder and thought to yourself, "he's gunna get somebody."

after rounding the curve you will see that they have the road pinched down and a line of cars waiting to get through. At the survey point there will be a law enforcement officer, his car will be parked with his lights flashing.

when you turn around to avoid the checkpoint the cop you saw before the sign will pull you over to ask why you turned around, "it wasn't to dodge the survey was it? is there anything in the vehicle you don't want them knowing about?"

:::voice of experience:::

Ozwest
09-21-2007, 02:10 PM
From what I read, the cops set up the roadway to accomodate this testing. That needs approval from higher ups in the gov't.

Thom1776
09-21-2007, 02:28 PM
http://cw2.trb.com/news/kwgn-invasive-checkpoint,0,2092732.story?coll=kwgn-home-2

krott5333
09-21-2007, 02:30 PM
they are damn lucky they didnt try to stop me, cuz the 'ol Glock 34 wouldve had something to say

Thom1776
09-21-2007, 02:31 PM
http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/daily/local/62392.php

bygone
09-21-2007, 02:33 PM
The article also says:

Sgt. Bob Enney said the deputies' assistance to the organization involved stopping motorists at the sites along Colorado Highway 119 for "surveys" on any drug or alcohol use.

and then says:

PIRE spokeswoman Michelle Blackston told WND the deputies "did not stop" any drivers. "It was a voluntary survey. … Nobody approached them. There were signs saying that a survey was taking place. Nobody waved them down."

So ... uh... were they stopping people or not? If you didn't pull me over I'm not stopping for some roadside survey. Believe it or not I'm not likely to talk to anyone who isn't law enforcement either. If you won't tell me you are a cop I'm going to assume you are not.

The other article is more clear:

Some motorists, stopped here last weekend, remain outraged over being forced to participate in a supposedly voluntary roadside survey that aimed to study drinking and driving habits by asking drivers for breath, blood and saliva samples.

And these drivers should sue.

According to Hartman, deputies were not to talk to drivers at all.

Then, uh, how were they going to force people to stay?

Ozwest
09-21-2007, 02:34 PM
Gee, that Sheriff is a real bright spark.

lucius
09-21-2007, 03:06 PM
Conditioning exercise.

Agreed...more slave training

Brian
09-21-2007, 03:22 PM
I would have been more than happy to provide a sample of my urine on their shoes.