PDA

View Full Version : Obama Learns of U.S. Intelligence Agency From Guy At Burger Joint!

clb09
05-29-2009, 05:35 PM
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0509/In_which_the_president_discovers_an_American_intel ligence_agency_at_Five_Guys.html

"So explain to me exactly what this National Geospatial..." Obama said, after the worker mentioned his employer, according to a video of the event.

http://www.fallibleblogma.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/obama-confused.jpg

jkr
05-29-2009, 05:53 PM
but hes SOOOOOO smart!

youngbuck
05-29-2009, 06:07 PM
Sounds like an excellent Commander in Chief to me :)

MyLibertyStuff
05-29-2009, 06:27 PM
Five Guys is so good

steph3n
05-29-2009, 06:50 PM
Five Guys is so good

if you enjoy mushed yucky tasting buns with a great patty and toppings.

tangent4ronpaul
05-30-2009, 06:48 AM
ROTGLMAO! - What a MORON! I Mean he's only commander in chief so you'd think he's know the 6 main intelligence agencies, all of which contribute material to his daily briefing. I could understand if he didn't know the names of the 70+ agencies that contribute to the national intelligence product, but one of the big 6???

CIA, NSA, DIA, NRO, DIR and NGIA.

MORON!

-t

TheEvilDetector
05-30-2009, 06:58 AM
If on his next public outing Obama can turn up in a singlet, boxer shorts and sandals,
I think it will complete the impression he seems to want to portray very nicely.

idiom
05-30-2009, 07:01 AM
Interesting comment posted on the article. To summarise:

This is more of an indictment of the sprawling size of the Government than of the general knowledge of the President.

mcgraw_wv
05-30-2009, 07:08 AM
With government growing at unprecedented rates, I don't find it that difficult, or earth shattering that he is not aware of the sheer size, and numbers of each little agency in government.

Honestly, would you expect any president to know by name each agency tucked away with larger ones?

I don't...

sevin
05-30-2009, 07:19 AM
This is more of an indictment of the sprawling size of the Government than of the general knowledge of the President.

Agreed. It's funny, but there's no way he can be familiar with every part of the government. It's too big!

tangent4ronpaul
05-30-2009, 07:24 AM
This one is one of the "big 6" - so yes, I expect him to know about it. Every sat image, every map that crosses his desk comes out of that agency.

This is inexcusable.

-t

mcgraw_wv
05-30-2009, 07:27 AM
This one is one of the "big 6" - so yes, I expect him to know about it. Every sat image, every map that crosses his desk comes out of that agency.

This is inexcusable.

-t

No, it's a group within one of the big 6 from my understanding...

idiom
05-30-2009, 07:36 AM
Most of the general public didn't even know what the NSA was till they started showing up in every second Hollywood spy movie.

He has probably been getting most of his terrorist briefings from the Treasuries Intelligence department for the last few months..

tangent4ronpaul
05-30-2009, 07:41 AM
No, it's a group within one of the big 6 from my understanding...

I didn't have that understanding - well, yeah, NRO and CIA... as well as NSA to a certain extent - like telcom networks. still NRO is composed of CIA and AFI people, but still 90% contractors - highest in the field, and then again CSS is half NSA and half CIA while NSA itself is half mil and half civi, with the mil part being composed of all the mil intel agencies... AI, AFI, MI, NI, CGI, etc.

Intelligence agencies are weird that way. If you ever consider working for one, go for a civi one (DIR/CIA) or a halfbreed (NRO/NGA/NSA). YMMV in the latter case...

btw: despite what the official web page says, CSS is the Intel agencies bunglers and buggers as well as their military arm. Think Russian trollers, etc. The PM stuff is more confined to CIA and done via contractors - though they do like to train their ppl to blow shit up really good!

-t

tangent4ronpaul
05-30-2009, 07:43 AM
He has probably been getting most of his terrorist briefings from the Treasuries Intelligence department for the last few months..

LOL!

=t

Liberty Star
05-30-2009, 07:50 AM
He could have just invited this shmuck for lunch and got a briefing from him on the subject:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_7Bqr1I5gzyk/SenaR2NyCLI/AAAAAAAADSk/ERO5xEGN2H8/s400/apowell_un_2.jpg

HOLLYWOOD
05-30-2009, 08:05 AM
Yeah, especially one that's located right there in Washington DC metro area where Barry has been working for years. It is part of the DOD/Military.

Barry is stamped by the CIA/DIS/DIA as: NOFORN

So, I guess we can cut him a break.

Agreed. It's funny, but there's no way he can be familiar with every part of the government. It's too big!

ladyjade3
05-30-2009, 09:12 AM
He's basically just a spokesmodel for the government. It's not like he's in charge.

Pistols Firing
05-30-2009, 05:15 PM
He's basically just a spokesmodel for the government.

More of a celebrity than a politician.

Aratus
05-31-2009, 09:58 AM
ROTGLMAO! I Mean he's only commander in chief...

CIA, NSA, DIA, NRO, DIR and NGIA

ITS OUR ALPHABET SOUP!!! --- do you now want me to toss a few initials
all these good folks shouldn't now paycheck be, such as N.K.V.D and K.G.B???:D
sometimes there are these initial overlaps in a good way, however if you have
other initial overlaps & IF these are not american... do you think this is less
of a sin than if the potus forgets all these Angleton era layerings we have?

Aratus
05-31-2009, 10:01 AM
also there is FBI, TVA, AT&T, O.S.S, C.I.C
and other nice designations out there...

Aratus
05-31-2009, 10:15 AM
did you know AT&T = "ma bell" = Our Man Flint
-----------here's to O.S.S and C.I.C and an old TRUMAN era directive...
http://www.historycommons.org/timeline.jsp?printerfriendly=true&civilliberties_secrecy=civilliberties_continuity_o f_government&timeline=civilliberties can we say junior senator?

acptulsa
06-01-2009, 05:46 AM
Yeah, GM got so big that no one could keep track of it, too. What's the problem? Organizations can work that way. Hell, look at GM now--so damned big that the CEO has no clue that certain vital departments exist, much less if they're doing their jobs well--and they're GM, they're fine...

What's that? GM is now a government agency too? Don't tell Obama--he's having enough trouble keeping track.