PDA

View Full Version : Article needs some comments - "I Cannot Be Bought or Bossed"

American
09-21-2007, 12:00 PM
"I Cannot Be Bought or Bossed"

There’s something relieving about hearing a candidate speak those words. It’s a super relief if those words are sincere and genuine. When one looks at candidates who have raised money, one expects that candidate to have not raised money that would make it seem he or she has been “bought” or “bossed” already. However, not being “bought” or “bossed” has its consequences. By not agreeing to accept contributions from corporate powers and by trying to shift the way campaigns are run in America, a candidate not only must deal with getting the American people on his or her side during the election but also must deal with trying to keep the corporate powers that be from interfering with his or her desire to get the message of his or her campaign to the American people.

Thankfully, the American people follow the money that comes into candidates’ hands more than ever these days. When Hillary Clinton was found out to have connections with a Mr. Hsu, the leaked story drove her to give money back. As News Corp or Rupert Murdoch has lined up to support Hillary Clinton, many Democratic voters especially those aligned with MoveOn.org have wondered what the reasons may be and what effects this support will have. John Edwards even made headlines when he gave back money to businesses he found out to be allowing predatory lending. It’s reasonable to presume that all Americans will have reactions as more money pours in to the hands of either of the Democrats. However, the American people do not always act on their suspicions in regards to campaign funding and will probably vote for whomever regardless of where the money comes from as long as whomever's message is catching their attention.

New article about contributors and who "sold out" Need some RP comments on here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and dont forget to digg this article!!!

http://www.opednews.com/articles/opedne_kevin_go_070921__22i_cannot_be_bought_.htm

JosephTheLibertarian
09-21-2007, 03:03 PM
"I Cannot Be Bought or Bossed"

New article about contributors and who "sold out" Need some RP comments on here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and dont forget to digg this article!!!

http://www.opednews.com/articles/opedne_kevin_go_070921__22i_cannot_be_bought_.htm

why wouldn't tobacco throw money at Ron Paul? He would eliminate the tax and regulations lol

American
09-21-2007, 03:05 PM
There is two ways to look at that article, 1) he doesnt have ANY loddying money, and very little PAC money. 2) Its good that he does have "some" contributors who believe in what he is saying. Just compare it to the other contributions the others are getting, its not hard to see how is on the take.

I was hoping some people would comment on that article, hopefully get some people on the left to look into Ron Paul.