PDA

View Full Version : is the Constitution Revolution dead?

mstrmac1
05-29-2009, 12:14 AM
Should we not put pressure on Ron Paul to run in 2012?

Was this not the reason this site was started? and... if its not moving forward,
should we not be aware of this?

Imperial
05-29-2009, 12:29 AM
It is in hiatus. We can resurrect it November 6, 2010.

ClayTrainor
05-29-2009, 02:08 AM
let's do it! start brainstorming :D

I'm really not sure what we need on the cr2012 website, other than an indicator of how many pledges / emails we've collected... Ultimately we just need the site to be worth promoting, and without that, it's not.

So other than that, how do you suggest we move forward? :)

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
05-29-2009, 02:13 AM
Perhaps a virtual petition to Dr. Paul where people can include personalized messages telling Dr. Paul what his candidacy means to them. I know I would tell him what the campaign meant to me, what a future campaign would mean to me and that he has inspired me to take a step towards running for public office as a proud Ron Paul Republican. The responses could be moderated by a volunteer (I will gladly volunteer) to weed out spam and the wonkette types and when we reach the goal number, we print them out and deliver them to Dr. Paul's office on a significant date. Perhaps July 4th or on the anniversary of the first big money bomb (November 5th).

IPSecure
05-29-2009, 02:40 AM
YouTube - RP PEC Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPlPT4bncq8&fmt=18)

Looking forward to the next one...

enjoiskaterguy
05-29-2009, 04:17 AM
Perhaps a virtual petition to Dr. Paul where people can include personalized messages telling Dr. Paul what his candidacy means to them. I know I would tell him what the campaign meant to me, what a future campaign would mean to me and that he has inspired me to take a step towards running for public office as a proud Ron Paul Republican. The responses could be moderated by a volunteer (I will gladly volunteer) to weed out spam and the wonkette types and when we reach the goal number, we print them out and deliver them to Dr. Paul's office on a significant date. Perhaps July 4th or on the anniversary of the first big money bomb (November 5th).

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea. I can not think of a greater way to encourage Dr. Paul any more than through this. printed out petitions from his supporters would be fantastic. Just think how touched he would be if this were to happen.

At this point there are like 2 or 3 different November 5th, 2009 things going on...one is called Five4Freedom and another about creating a 2009 continental congress.

I think your idea is much more justifiable in an off election cycle for the presidency. Instead of money, it would be letters.

This could be it. This could be the idea that we forumers are looking for. If anybody has any contacts that have made previous website for the Revolution, please urge them about this idea. In fact www.thisnovember5th.com is still a website. We should contact the webmaster of this website and ask him/her about the idea to have this website updated be for 2009 or 2010 event. We also should start asking and polling this idea on all liberty forums and websites.

SamuraisWisdom
05-29-2009, 08:54 AM
No the revolution is not dead. In my opinion, it's finally beginning to build up some momentum. The press has been much more willing to have RP and other libertarians/constitutionalists on television, you have the general public outraged at the way the government has been handling the financial crisis, and even the neoconservative wing of the Republican Party has started taking some of our talking points in order to gain support. 2010 will be a big year for us. If we can elect some more of our guys into office and have more of a voice in government, 2012 could be the year we finally see some real results. Always keep in mind that major shifts in the political ideology of a country take a lot of time to unfold. It took over 100 years for the 13 original colonies to declare their independence from Britain. The French revolution, Soviet revolution (and consequently destruction), the Meiji Restoration, all of these things took years to cumulate. Ours has only just begun.

jake
05-29-2009, 08:56 AM

very nice idea. A slick webpage with ability to comment, post videos etc. people could thumb up the best videos and comments to the top for Ron Paul to read over

mstrmac1
05-29-2009, 09:00 AM

Now were talkin...Love the idea!

Kludge
05-29-2009, 09:02 AM
Ron Paul is not the Constitution Revolution.

There are a number of Congressional candidates Liberty Forest is unofficially endorsing, some who are actually viable!

Adam Kokesh, Peter Schiff, RJ Harris, among others...

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
05-29-2009, 11:19 AM
Ron Paul is not the Constitution Revolution.

There are a number of Congressional candidates Liberty Forest is unofficially endorsing, some who are actually viable!

Adam Kokesh, Peter Schiff, RJ Harris, among others...

I agree with that thought but I would toss in the thought that almost all of those candidates (myself included) would have never even thought about entering the political arena if it were not for Dr. Paul and the inspiration he has given. One more run could potentially inspire hundreds of others to take that step and begin wondering what it would take for them to run for an elected office. I also believe Dr. Paul would stand a much better chance this time and it would be much harder for the media to ignore him. Too many people have now come out of the closet and said he was right this entire time and they now wished they had listened. I see first hand, almost every day, how exponentially his supporters are growing. The election is over but he is still out in the public eye as if he were still running for President and people are listening. They are starting to wake up and they see clearly that our country has gone to shit while this older gentleman stands before them telling them exactly what is happening and why it happened. He is too humble to ever say "I told you so" but the people who were not awake know he tried to tell them and now they WANT to listen. So while we do have lots of other candidates out there running for a variety of offices, we MUST get ourselves a presidential candidate A.S.A.P. and for right now Ron Paul is still the leader of our movement.

Todd
05-29-2009, 11:38 AM
YouTube - RP PEC Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPlPT4bncq8&fmt=18)

Looking forward to the next one...

Wish I had the transcript to this video.

ClayTrainor
05-29-2009, 01:42 PM

This is definitely a great idea.

What are the good petition sites out there, that we could consider? www.ipetitions.com looks pretty good...

jake
05-29-2009, 04:19 PM
This is definitely a great idea.

What are the good petition sites out there, that we could consider? www.ipetitions.com looks pretty good...

it needs to be a site dedicated just to drafting Ron Paul for President 2012.

ClayTrainor
05-29-2009, 04:26 PM
it needs to be a site dedicated just to drafting Ron Paul for President 2012.

www.constitutionrevolution2012.com

We're discussing ways to grow, and expand it :)