PDA

View Full Version : Constitution Prohibits "Involuntary servitude"

Knightskye
05-28-2009, 09:49 PM
http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/constitution_amendments_11-27.html

AMENDMENT XIII

Passed by Congress January 31, 1865. Ratified December 6, 1865.

Note: A portion of Article IV, section 2, of the Constitution was superseded by the 13th amendment.

Section 1.
Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

Section 2.
Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

We're safe?

Kevin_Kennedy
05-28-2009, 10:41 PM
The Constitution hasn't stopped the government before, so why would it now?

TrueFreedom
05-28-2009, 11:16 PM
Ugh the whole "we're gonna be slaves" or "we are gonna be locked in FEMA camps" is insane. It's part of the reason that so many people think that Ron Paul supporters are all nut jobs.

Conza88
05-28-2009, 11:25 PM

lol. We just need to stay vigilant!?! It's all our fault. WHY DIDN'T YOU DO ANYTHING KEVIN? We're not the victims of the ruling class, we're the government - didn't you know? We're the criminals!!! 1 We da peeeeeple r teh gubernmint, we've dun this 2 ourselves!!11

Wait, but you say remaining vigilant has never happened? Because the people have lives and productive work to do? And that they have no hope in the world of ever combating full time parasitic politicians who live parasitically of the working people? You ask how can you fight someone, when you stop the fight, and give them your very own water & food before the next round? And what to do when the number of rounds are unlimited? And happen in Washington everyday? Wouldn't this all mean minarchism is fundamentally irrational? Whyyyy yessss it probably doesssss.. :eek:

Ugh the whole "we're gonna be slaves" or "we are gonna be locked in FEMA camps" is insane. It's part of the reason that so many people think that Ron Paul supporters are all nut jobs.

What's a 50% income tax? Where you are forced to work for the State - 6 months of the year? Let's say we make that 100% income tax... ummm, wouldn't you call that slavery? :rolleyes:

Knightskye
05-29-2009, 12:08 PM

Dr. Paul talked about Americorps in the CSPAN leaders thing. I thought this was relevant.

Bark, bark right back at you.

dannno
05-29-2009, 12:21 PM

It's also the reason why those very same people are going to shit their pants one day and realize we were right. Hopefully sooner than later.

ClayTrainor
05-29-2009, 01:31 PM

Somebody watched James MEigs on Glen Beck, and now feels entitled to call those with different views "insane" :rolleyes:

You already are a slave.... study up ;)

torchbearer
05-29-2009, 01:36 PM

I was think this exactly when I read the thread title.

specsaregood
05-29-2009, 01:49 PM

Explain to me what the difference between: "the draft" (being forced into military service) and "involuntary servitude"? We have had a draft and forced conscription since the 13th amendment was ratified, have we not?

ChaosControl
05-29-2009, 02:27 PM
Lets see, I work and am forced to contribute a significant portion of that to FICA and Income taxes as well as sales taxes and property taxes locally. I call the % of my wages that go to taxation in any way to be effectively slavery to the state, that is involuntary servitude. The 16th amendment is contradictory with the 13th.

pacelli
05-29-2009, 02:28 PM
http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/constitution_amendments_11-27.html

We're safe?

The 13th amendment prohibits involuntary servitude. Everyone makes a choice to become a citizen or not to become a citizen. Citizenship is an adhesion contract that carries rights, duties, responsibilities, and consequences.

Here's your safety clause from the 14th amendment:

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."

This means that there are persons born or naturalized in the United States that are NOT subject to the jurisdiction thereof.

ewizacft
05-30-2009, 08:58 AM
This means that there are persons born or naturalized in the United States that are NOT subject to the jurisdiction thereof.

Yeah like a baby born to citizens of another country.

mrsat_98
05-30-2009, 03:59 PM
The 13th amendment prohibits involuntary servitude. Everyone makes a choice to become a citizen or not to become a citizen. Citizenship is an adhesion contract that carries rights, duties, responsibilities, and consequences.

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."

Dude, you left out the part about cannot dispute the validity of the public debt in supressing war and insurection. Think about it then you will get it.

One of these days I will post my winning pleadings here and you will all OMG fall out.

satchelmcqueen
05-30-2009, 09:39 PM
i put this in our news paper a few months ago talking about obamas mandatory service and got no response.

pacelli
05-31-2009, 07:51 AM
Yeah like a baby born to citizens of another country.

That is your interpretation, not what it says.

pacelli
05-31-2009, 07:52 AM
Dude, you left out the part about cannot dispute the validity of the public debt in supressing war and insurection. Think about it then you will get it.

One of these days I will post my winning pleadings here and you will all OMG fall out.

That falls under those which choose to be subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.

Knightskye
05-31-2009, 01:49 PM

Consent of the governed. But we never really give our consent, do we?

pacelli
05-31-2009, 07:48 PM
Consent of the governed. But we never really give our consent, do we?

We sure do. We give & re-affirm our consent each time we apply for a social security number, pay taxes, apply for a passport & drivers license, vote, and use federal reserve notes. A common law free person should be able to live their entire life without ever signing their name. Each time a common law free man signs his name, he gives up some of his liberty and risks volunteering into the jurisdiction of the United States.

Knightskye
06-01-2009, 01:02 PM
We sure do. We give & re-affirm our consent each time we apply for a social security number, pay taxes, apply for a passport & drivers license, vote, and use federal reserve notes. A common law free person should be able to live their entire life without ever signing their name. Each time a common law free man signs his name, he gives up some of his liberty and risks volunteering into the jurisdiction of the United States.

Ah. Makes sense. Thanks. :)

Brian4Liberty
06-01-2009, 01:08 PM
except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted

No safety. No doubt there is always a crime that you can be duly convicted of.

Knightskye
06-01-2009, 09:08 PM
No safety. No doubt there is always a crime that you can be duly convicted of.

What if you didn't commit one?