PDA

View Full Version : Finally getting involved

loudes13
05-28-2009, 04:16 PM
Well, Ive finally decided to get involved. Last week I attended my local village committee meeting for the 1st time, this week I attended the local Young Republicans meeting. No official plans yet, but hopefully I will have a chance to voice my opinions in the near future.

I must thank the people on this board. I see so much enthusiasm and people getting involved here. Thanks for the encouragement!

ClayTrainor
05-28-2009, 04:19 PM
Well, Ive finally decided to get involved. Last week I attended my local village committee meeting for the 1st time, this week I attended the local Young Republicans meeting. No official plans yet, but hopefully I will have a chance to voice my opinions in the near future.

I must thank the people on this board. I see so much enthusiasm and people getting involved here. Thanks for the encouragement!

:D

Great post, and glad to hear it. We need all the activists we can get :cool:

purplechoe
05-28-2009, 04:22 PM
http://workbench.cadenhead.org/media/ron-paul-blimp.jpg

kathy88
05-28-2009, 05:10 PM
WELCOME. Be sure to keep us "posted" on your shennanigans :)

Imperial
05-28-2009, 09:46 PM
I am pretty much going to kick off my involvement in June (although I have started some stuff). Should be interesting!

GOOD LUCK!

loudes13
06-04-2009, 05:56 AM
Previous to this, I made flyers about issues or candidates and put them on car windsheilds, door steps, & left them at the grocery store. That doesn't do much.

Locally I want to get rid of stop light cams.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
06-04-2009, 06:03 AM
Congrats and welcome to the revolution. Remember that even though your efforts may seem small at times compared to the state of the country or to others in this movement, that the journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step. A million kudos to you for having the intestinal fortitude to take that step.

Pete
06-04-2009, 06:15 AM
That's really great. I hope you also consider joining up at C4L, and at least blogging about your activities. It will encourage more people to become active.

loudes13
06-04-2009, 03:07 PM
I always hear the expression "all politics is local". I always think big picture, and imagine addressing grandiose problems. Yes, local mattered to me, but I was not as interested.

Well national leaders aren't calling me and asking for my help. Heck, they even ignore the letters I write. The only way I can make a difference is to start in my neighborhood.

Thanks again. I'll keep you posted...