PDA

View Full Version : Two letters to the newspaper from highschool students...discouraging

StayTrue
05-28-2009, 09:46 AM
These two letters were written by two highschool students to our local newspaper in a section called "Discover our Times".

We have a lot to do on the education front of our movement.

U.S. Should follow lead

"Countries won't try to mess with Israel, because they know they will be knocked back. It's because Israel has mandatory military service that makes every 18-year-old high school graduate serve in the army for two years.

Mandatory military service would benefit America. We would be ready for anything.

Also, kids are dropping out of school and later becoming bums. Mandatory military service would teach them what honor, self-discipline and respect really are."

U.S. Constitution supports military draft

"Many people know what the military draft is, but not enough of them understand the importance of it.

Why don't we have enough soldiers in Iraq? It's because we have no draft. This also means soldiers are constantly overworked.

The Constitution gives Congress the power to "raise and support armies."

Why should we ignore what our forefathers agreed on so long ago?"

Andrew-Austin
05-28-2009, 09:57 AM
A lot of propaganda surrounding military 'service'..

It sounds like those two kids already decided to join the army, probably in JROTC now, and are looking forward to their military careers so much the idea of forcing others to serve the state comes naturally to them, when holding the typical American nationalist perspective.

When I was in high school this JROTC guy always asked me what my plans were after graduation, and insisted that I join the Marines like he was. Was too nice to tell him what I really thought about the subject.

Krugerrand
05-28-2009, 10:48 AM
I have no problem with Israel or Switzerland or any other country having mandatory military service. I'm not interested in it here.

If you want it here, go ahead and try and push through a constitutional amendment. (good luck getting that through.) What bothers me is Obama's "forced volunteerism" ideas.

fisharmor
05-28-2009, 10:57 AM
Well...

...first, teenagers are idiots.

Second, it's on us to teach our own children properly. They're not going to have the shadow of their still-living grandfather's service defeating nazis hovering over the conversation... the best foot the imperial establishment has to put forward at this point is Desert Storm. So it will be easier to doubt conventional wisdom openly.

My girls are free not to agree with me. But they're going to know the facts, and they are going to be well armed with everything they need to tell these fascists where to put their compulsory military service and how far to shove it.

Third, we need to keep trying to get through to these robot's parents. You know, I was a parent before I heard about any of this liberty stuff.