PDA

View Full Version : Donklephant: Ron Paul On The Falling Dollar

Bradley in DC
09-21-2007, 10:41 AM
http://donklephant.com/2007/09/21/ron-paul-on-the-falling-dollar/

MsDoodahs
09-21-2007, 11:00 AM
Has Ron called for blocking the Chinese from buying Treasury bonds?

Has he called for prohibiting employers from "exporting jobs?"

I'm not sure he's done either. Anyone know?

(I know I saw Hillary interviewed on CNBC's Power Lunch a while back and I saw her call for blocking the Chinese from buying Treasury bonds with my own eyes.)

angelatc
09-21-2007, 11:06 AM
Rather than insist the Chinese stop buying them....wouldn't it be better to stop issuing them?

Bradley in DC
09-21-2007, 11:07 AM
Has Ron called for blocking the Chinese from buying Treasury bonds?

Has he called for prohibiting employers from "exporting jobs?"

I'm not sure he's done either. Anyone know?

(I know I saw Hillary interviewed on CNBC's Power Lunch a while back and I saw her call for blocking the Chinese from buying Treasury bonds with my own eyes.)

I'm pretty sure he's opposed to both. His approach is to address causes of problems, not the symptoms. ;)

Bradley in DC
09-21-2007, 11:08 AM
Rather than insist the Chinese stop buying them....wouldn't it be better to stop issuing them?

Yes, we wouldn't have to issue so many if we weren't using the Fed to monetize our irresponsible budget deficits!

MsDoodahs
09-21-2007, 11:14 AM
Someone should respond to that last commenter, Jimmy the demmie, and maybe find the youtube of that Hillary interview....

Syren123
09-21-2007, 01:25 PM
I like the word "monetize." It sounds so complicated and official...when all it means is rolling over one debt into another with a little more $$ tacked on. Like refinancing your house with cash out to 'spend' (pay off credit cards) to acquire more debt.