PDA

View Full Version : Neocons advocating action against North Korea

Matt Collins
05-27-2009, 03:15 PM
Ahh yes - the Neocons are advocating an invasion, assassination, bombing, taking out of their nuclear facilities, etc.

Just when I was thinking that conservatives were going to return to a sensible foreign policy..... :rolleyes:

Eric Arthur Blair
05-27-2009, 03:21 PM
This is one time where I actually agree with the neo-cons. I would offer whatever his name is king John ill...very simply that you immediately retire with complete diplomatic immunity and a handsome pension or the prospect of becoimg the next Saddam Hussein. If he says no then invade.

Standing Like A Rock
05-27-2009, 03:23 PM
This is one time where I actually agree with the neo-cons. I would offer whatever his name is king John ill...very simply that you immediately retire with complete diplomatic immunity and a handsome pension or the prospect of becoimg the next Saddam Hussein. If he says no then invade.

What is your justification for an invasion?

What could the U.S. possibly gain by an invasion?

torchbearer
05-27-2009, 03:25 PM

then I nominate you to go over there and die.

Austin

From the sound of it, this isn't the only time you've agreed with the neocons.

Also.. *eyes registration date* :p :D

ctiger2
Nonsense, N Korea can't even feed their own people. They are 0 threat.

sailor
05-27-2009, 03:30 PM
Sounds good. I am all for neocons stocking up on guns, hiring a private plane and parachuting into North Korea with plans of regime change...

Oh, wait. You`re saying that by "taking action" they actually mean spending American taxpayer`s money and sending some Appalachian kidds who signed up to defend US borders to risk life and limb?

Think I`ll pass then. Funny how neocons saying "we should do something" always means "you should do something".

dannno
05-27-2009, 03:31 PM
I lost the use of my legs. Some chinaman took them from me in Korea, but i went out and achieved anyway!

http://i.realone.com/assets/rn/img/1/2/8/4/22774821-22774823-large.jpg

Annihilia
05-27-2009, 03:34 PM

I second this nomination. Eric better start saving some money for a raft and some guns.

Objectivist
05-27-2009, 03:37 PM
Ahh yes - the Neocons are advocating an invasion, assassination, bombing, taking out of their nuclear facilities, etc.

Just when I was thinking that conservatives were going to return to a sensible foreign policy..... :rolleyes:

Did they mention god in their plan?

Here's an idea, leave South Korea. Japan is nice this time of year and they wouldn't mind 30,000 of our finest making a stop on the way home.

slacker921
05-27-2009, 03:39 PM
*sniff* *sniff* shooo.. smells like a troll walked through here.

Acala
05-27-2009, 03:51 PM
Is it just me or is there some growing sense of frenzy in the pronouncements of the "ruling class"? As if they see their dreams of economic and military world domination falling apart and they are desperately trying to keep it going.

Eric Arthur Blair
05-27-2009, 04:09 PM
There is a big difference between the neo-con wars in the mid-east and the situation in North Korea. North Korea unlike Iran or Iraq is a genuinely hostile country that seeks to kill Americans if possible. A nuke could technically be dropped on US territory from North Korea.

There is a big difference between an intelligent non interventionist foreign policy and being a wimp. Why didn't the US knock this problem out five years ago instead of a wild goose chase in Iraq.

No American soldier needs to actually be put in harms way. Just be diplomatic about it. Give the Japanese, Russians and South Koreans support but in any land invasion let them die. Ultimately it is their fault this situation got so out of control.

AND BTW, no I haven't posted on this forum for very long, but please show me one neo-con post I have ever made?

dannno
05-27-2009, 04:15 PM
North Korea unlike Iran or Iraq is a genuinely hostile country that seeks to kill Americans if possible.

Why do you think that is?

It's because we're over there!

-Ron Paul

Icymudpuppy
05-27-2009, 04:16 PM
Nonsense, N Korea can't even feed their own people. They are 0 threat.

I agree. They are a paper Tiger. They will not detonate a nuke on foreign soil pre-emptively because they know their entire country would be flattened in less than 30 minutes with just the weapons we have in Alaska.

They cannot make a land invasion through S. Korea because they don't have the food to march their soldiers more than 25 miles into S. Korean territory.

To advocate pre-emptive action against them is not just morally wrong, it is equivalent to murder.

Eric Arthur Blair
05-27-2009, 04:18 PM
yes that's true in part, but that's not worth much now. Ron Paul would agree with me. The situation can almost certainly be diffused with some clever diplomacy, but if that fails then a military intervention is necessary.

sailor
05-27-2009, 04:55 PM
No American soldier needs to actually be put in harms way. Just be diplomatic about it. Give the Japanese, Russians and South Koreans support but in any land invasion let them die. Ultimately it is their fault this situation got so out of control.

Say again?

ceakins
05-27-2009, 05:13 PM
yes that's true in part, but that's not worth much now. Ron Paul would agree with me. The situation can almost certainly be diffused with some clever diplomacy, but if that fails then a military intervention is necessary.

Ron Paul would what? Are you smoking crack? Look up Just War doctrine and say that again with a straight face.

dannno
05-27-2009, 05:21 PM

Ron Paul: North Korea is NOT a threat to the US

http://www.ronpaul.com/2009-04-06/ron-paul-north-korea-is-not-a-threat-to-the-us/

Ron Paul: This weekend the big news was that the North Koreans shot off a rocket. They claimed they were making an attempt to put a satellite in orbit, which they have a right to do under international law.

Space is supposed to be open to all those individuals who want to use it. Of course, the West, including our government - or especially our government - reacted almost in a hysterical fashion.

They called for an emergency UN meeting and this meeting of the UN met and they are trying to decide now what to do about the North Koreans.

Here it is: The North Koreans, they have a rocket, not an intercontinental ballistic missile. We don’t even know for sure if they have a bomb that they could launch, and we are now wondering, what are we going to do with this country?

I mean, they can’t even feed themselves. They do not have a Navy, what kind of an Air Force do they have, and yet it just seems like this is an excuse for the West, and in particular our military-industrial complex to have another excuse to have a massive build up.

Todd
05-27-2009, 05:28 PM

Uh.. Even if it met every criteria of Just war theory....What geo political strategic value does it serve to invade a worthless peninsula?

BTW...My guard unit is a bit low on personnel and our main support goal is for a problem in Korea, You might want to join up....but me thinks this quote applies to you.

All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting - George Orwell

Freedom 4 all
05-27-2009, 07:29 PM
North Korea are a bunch of assholes but they aren't a huge threat. They know full well that nuking US means we turn their entire country into a radioactive grit. Also, if we leave them the fuck alone they have no reason to attack us.

Old Ducker
05-27-2009, 08:02 PM
My opinion is that the whole NK thing would go away if Japan would just come out and say the following:

a) Tomorrow they are initiating a constitutional convention to revise their post-war constitution

b) The Japanese self-defense forces will henceforth be renamed to the Imperial Japanese Army and Imperial Japanese Navy

c) Japan intends to build fully capable blue water aircraft carriers and supporting ships

d) Japan will be assembling an arsenel of atomic weapons.

Reason
05-27-2009, 08:08 PM

You should have known better lol

american.swan
05-27-2009, 08:10 PM

Heck no. I'm in South Korea. Leave me alone. We don't need a war here.

american.swan
05-27-2009, 08:11 PM
My opinion is that the whole NK thing would go away if Japan would just come out and say the following:

a) Tomorrow they are initiating a constitutional convention to revise their post-war constitution

b) The Japanese self-defense forces will henceforth be renamed to the Imperial Japanese Army and Imperial Japanese Navy

c) Japan intends to build fully capable blue water aircraft carriers and supporting ships

d) Japan will be assembling an arsenel of atomic weapons.

That would be a huge problem. China would be pissed.

american.swan
05-27-2009, 08:12 PM
North Korea are a bunch of assholes but they aren't a huge threat. They know full well that nuking US means we turn their entire country into a radioactive grit. Also, if we leave them the fuck alone they have no reason to attack us.

Let me rephrase that. If North Korea attacked, say Seattle, South Korea would be an island.

american.swan
05-27-2009, 08:14 PM
I agree. They are a paper Tiger. They will not detonate a nuke on foreign soil pre-emptively because they know their entire country would be flattened in less than 30 minutes with just the weapons we have in Alaska.

They cannot make a land invasion through S. Korea because they don't have the food to march their soldiers more than 25 miles into S. Korean territory.

To advocate pre-emptive action against them is not just morally wrong, it is equivalent to murder.

I agree with most of this, except they'd eat whatever food the SKoreans left behind in their retreat. The second the north attacks, I'm taking my family to Busan.

Old Ducker
05-27-2009, 08:19 PM
That would be a huge problem. China would be pissed.

Exactly. Step two is for Japan to sit down with China and explain exactly what they can do to cause Japan to change it's mind.

Lovecraftian4Paul
05-27-2009, 08:36 PM
Those who want North Korea to be militarily or covertly destroyed should want us to get the hell out of there.

Why? Because then South Korea and Japan would be forced to take matters into their own hands. The specter of the American bogeyman would also be gone for the Stalinists. So, maybe they would actually calm down.

Our own interventionist posturing has almost single handedly given the regimes in North Korea and Cuba legs to stand on by claiming outside threats.

Matt Collins
05-27-2009, 08:48 PM
This is one time where I actually agree with the neo-cons. I would offer whatever his name is king John ill...very simply that you immediately retire with complete diplomatic immunity and a handsome pension or the prospect of becoimg the next Saddam Hussein. If he says no then invade.You can't spell the leader's name but yet you want us to take you seriously when you advocate attacking another country. :rolleyes:

By the way: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Jong-il

Matt Collins
05-27-2009, 08:49 PM
I lost the use of my legs. Some chinaman took them from me in Korea, but i went out and achieved anyway!

Is that you in the picture?:confused:

ChooseLiberty
05-27-2009, 08:51 PM
Here's a hint -

The neocons are always advocating action againt every country including the USA.

Does this surprise you?

Matt Collins
05-27-2009, 08:52 PM
There is a big difference between the neo-con wars in the mid-east and the situation in North Korea. North Korea unlike Iran or Iraq is a genuinely hostile country that seeks to kill Americans if possible. A nuke could technically be dropped on US territory from North Korea.
:confused:

You mean the US mainland?! Not hardly.

Why didn't the US knock this problem out five years ago instead of a wild goose chase in Iraq.What problem? :confused: Where is the threat to the US mainland?

No American soldier needs to actually be put in harms way. Just be diplomatic about it.I completely agree. But we shouldn't be intervening overtly or covertly in the affairs of independent sovereign nations.

Matt Collins
05-27-2009, 08:58 PM
What geo political strategic value does it serve to invade a worthless peninsula?Just ask Eisenhower, JFK, LBJ, and even Nixon that question ;)

Brian4Liberty
05-27-2009, 09:04 PM
North Korea is not a concern to the Neoconservatives. Iran is their primary objective. But North Korea can be used for many things: create fear, set precedents, test propaganda, and test strategy and tactics (political and military). Unfortunately, a real (or false flag) nuke attack by NK on US forces in SK would suit their purposes very well.

Uriel999
05-27-2009, 09:21 PM
You can't spell the leader's name but yet you want us to take you seriously when you advocate attacking another country. :rolleyes:

By the way: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Jong-il

LMAO! "King John Ill" bwahahahaha. This guys gotta be a troll or an alternate account.

torchbearer
05-27-2009, 09:31 PM
Heck no. I'm in South Korea. Leave me alone. We don't need a war here.

Just saying anyone who thinks we need to go to war, needs to believe in it so much, they are willing to stand on the front lines of that war and die for that cause.

american.swan
05-27-2009, 09:43 PM
His name is 김정일. Jong(joh-ng) isn't the best spelling for Americans to pronounce his name right. Jaw-ng would be closer to the right pronunciation.

Matt Collins
05-27-2009, 10:00 PM
Our own interventionist posturing has almost single handedly given the regimes in North Korea and Cuba legs to stand on by claiming outside threats.Exactly. The current state of the isle of Cuban is a direct result of our interventionist foreign policy. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

american.swan
05-27-2009, 10:16 PM
Just saying anyone who thinks we need to go to war, needs to believe in it so much, they are willing to stand on the front lines of that war and die for that cause.

That I agree with!!

People in the US just have NO clue about the bad history between SK, China, and Japan. Japan invaded Korea in 1909 and controlled it until the end of world war two. Korean's don't trust Japan. Japan builds a military...Korea does too.

Japan invaded China during WWII. China won't stand for a military in Japan.

Old Chinese/Mongol leaders attacked SK more than once. But back in that day, communication wasn't so good and SK was able to maintain its identity in spite of Mongol control.

Right now there is some form of delicate balance. This place has a LONG history.

Wineman77
05-27-2009, 10:50 PM
Since KJI restarted his reactor, shouldn't every dime sent over in aid be returned? I thought the deal was we give money and food and they abandon the WMD program.

torchbearer
05-27-2009, 10:55 PM
Since KJI restarted his reactor, shouldn't every dime sent over in aid be returned? I thought the deal was we give money and food and they abandon the WMD program.

Just like GM- that money is gone, we were taken for fools because that is who we elect.

dannno
05-27-2009, 11:15 PM
Is that you in the picture?:confused:

You have GOT to see a movie called "The Big Lebowski"

Seriously... one of the greatest and funniest films of all time.

Wineman77
05-27-2009, 11:28 PM
Just like GM- that money is gone, we were taken for fools because that is who we elect.

We can't threaten to nuke GM:D

torchbearer
05-27-2009, 11:33 PM
We can't threaten to nuke GM:D

But we can threat their leaders with pain and punishment in a political sense.
Something much worse than a quick death.

Matt Collins
05-28-2009, 12:32 AM
We can't threaten to nuke GM:DWhy? Between the unions, the executives, and the federal government did to them there is no need to set off nukes. They're already been reduced to a smoldering pile of ashes. :rolleyes:

Dequeant
05-28-2009, 12:51 AM

american.swan
05-28-2009, 01:10 AM
Ummm, their leader threatened (verbatim mind you) that they would "attack the U.S. at raw" if necessary.

I am no opposed to military action here. That does NOT mean I'm for it at the moment, but I am certainly not opposed to it.

Have you ever left the USA? Have you ever been to South Korea? I've lived in South Korea for 6 years. The 25,000 USA military here shouldn't be here. The USA has NO interests here outside of world conquest.

What would happen if the US wasn't here? I don't know. China/SK/Japan all don't like each other politically. They are always on the look out for military spending. Too many times in the past the leaders of these nations have gone to war. They don't like each other very much at all. It could be said that the US military here is keeping the three nations from exploding. Maybe, but us tax payers have NO interests in South Korea.

North Korea isn't exactly at work with South Korea. North Korea is at war with the USA. If the US troops left...North Korea would feel more secure.

pacelli
05-28-2009, 05:53 AM
You have GOT to see a movie called "The Big Lebowski"

Seriously... one of the greatest and funniest films of all time.

8 year olds dude.

pacelli
05-28-2009, 05:55 AM
YouTube - Raw Video: North Korea Destroys Reactor Tower (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfj6DDsEFWQ)

sailor
05-28-2009, 06:22 AM
I agree with most of this, except they'd eat whatever food the SKoreans left behind in their retreat. The second the north attacks, I'm taking my family to Busan.

Hmm, It doesn`t sound like you put much stock in the fighting spirit of the South Korean army. How so?

acptulsa
05-28-2009, 07:14 AM
Ah, the wonderful legacy of World War II: 'Ya got a problem ya just don't sit around and let it get worse.' This theory has led this nation to go off half-cocked more times than I can count in the last 65 years, and I'm not only inclined to believe it directly led to the rise of Castro but the rise of Pol Pot, Saddam Hussein and a host of other assholes. Maybe 'ya just don't sit around and let it get worse,' but damn it you don't rush in where fools fear tread and intentionally make it worse, either.

Unless, of course, you're trying to set up and maintain an empire. In that case, you want to screw people up.