PDA

View Full Version : Better than 50-50

Epic
05-27-2009, 08:50 AM
Schiff says he's probably in:

http://theplumline.whorunsgov.com/economy/analyst-who-predicted-meltdown-leaning-towards-challening-chris-dodd/

The cognitive dissonance is thick with the commenters there:

"I find it interesting that a guy who predicted the financial meltdown supports the exact sort of policies that caused it. You’d think he’d be a little less clueless if hes supposedly that prescient."

sailor
05-27-2009, 09:27 AM
Yeah I too love the comments.

Over and over I get mindblowned that such people exist.

MRoCkEd
05-27-2009, 09:31 AM
This article is encouraging.

The comments, however, make me laugh and cry at the same time...

He Who Pawns
05-27-2009, 10:27 AM
National Dems say they would take Schiff seriously, because of his personal wealth and because his predictions have made him something of a YouTube folk hero. He’s a libertarian whose father is reportedly in jail at the age of 81 for refusing to pay taxes, and he says he’s inherited many of Ron Paul’s fans. One former Dodd operative conceded he has a “huge grassroots following.”

Schiff says he has the means to easily self-finance his race, or could easily raise the money via his newsletter, which is read by a fair number of wealthy people.

Holy shit!! I'm starting to get seriously psyched about this!!!!

Schiff would MURDER Dodd in the debates. And he does have the money to buy his way past the primary, I think.

Kraig
05-27-2009, 11:00 AM

Schiff would MURDER Dodd in the debates. And he does have the money to buy his way past the primary, I think.

Oh shit! Nice to see you back!

reagle
05-27-2009, 11:22 AM
from comments

# Real Freedom | May 27th, 2009 at 01:55 pm

Libertarians scare me. Their gaining ground after the repugs self destucted because of their bibles and their guns. These guys left the bibles behind and they think that they stand for freedom but we’re not really free until the government provides health care for everyone. We’ll never be free until home ownership is granted to everyone. We’re not free until the government makes sure that my familie gets to eat at mcdonalds whenever just like Schiff’s familie. In order to get there we can’t have rich people no more.

facepalm

Chomsky
05-27-2009, 03:16 PM

I'm right there with you on the psyched! 2010 is going to be so exciting. And we are still almost a year before the races really heat up. Who knows how many more candidates we'll have by then.

pacelli
05-27-2009, 03:19 PM
The cognitive dissonance is thick with the commenters there:

I don't see any cognitive dissonance. You must have an affective incongruity with thought content in order to have cognitive dissonance. If you meant bullshit 'talking point' conditioning, I completely agree :)

MikeStanart
05-27-2009, 04:42 PM
from comments

# Real Freedom | May 27th, 2009 at 01:55 pm

Libertarians scare me. Their gaining ground after the repugs self destucted because of their bibles and their guns. These guys left the bibles behind and they think that they stand for freedom but we’re not really free until the government provides health care for everyone. We’ll never be free until home ownership is granted to everyone. We’re not free until the government makes sure that my familie gets to eat at mcdonalds whenever just like Schiff’s familie. In order to get there we can’t have rich people no more.

facepalm

I can only hope he was being sarcasitc. His definition of freedom = communism.

Austin
05-27-2009, 06:01 PM
Oh man.... I'm about to explode with excitement.

Anybody ready for Schiff's September Sabbatical?

Yes I had to use a thesaurus to come up with a synonym for 'vacation' that started with an 's'

MRoCkEd
05-27-2009, 06:03 PM
Oh man.... I'm about to explode with excitement.

Anybody ready for Schiff's September Sabbatical?

Yes I had to use a thesaurus to come up with a synonym for 'vacation' that started with an 's'
Why, yes. I'm from CT.

Btw: Peter Schiff just said on his radio show:
"I am leaning towards running... I am more likely TO run than not to run"

Austin
05-27-2009, 06:16 PM
Why, yes. I'm from CT.

Btw: Peter Schiff just said on his radio show:
"I am leaning towards running... I am more likely TO run than not to run"

Oh jeez. I'm one happy guy right now. :D :cool:

kathy88
05-27-2009, 06:30 PM
Holy shit. I didn't think he'd do it. Please announce. Please announce. Please announce. LOL.

He Who Pawns
05-27-2009, 06:49 PM
If he is gonna run, why not announce on the Daily Show? That might be kinda awesome...

buffalokid777
05-27-2009, 09:06 PM
If he is gonna run, why not announce on the Daily Show? That might be kinda awesome...

I listened to Wall Street Unspun tonight too.

That would be a good place to announce it. It would be hard for Schiff to get a larger television audience than that right now to announce it. I don't think CNBC or the other business shows he appears on have near the audience of the Daily Show.

SamuraisWisdom
05-27-2009, 09:07 PM
Finally something political worth getting excited about here in CT. Anybody know of any RP meetups that are still going that we might use to focus on Schiff? If not, I might have some work to do ;)

itshappening
05-28-2009, 03:49 PM
IF he decides to run he should announce on Glenn Beck who has millions of viewers

gls
05-28-2009, 03:59 PM
Finally something political worth getting excited about here in CT. Anybody know of any RP meetups that are still going that we might use to focus on Schiff? If not, I might have some work to do ;)

http://www.meetup.com/Hartford-Supports-Peter-Schiff-for-U-S-Senate-CT/