PDA

View Full Version : Dodd remains in political trouble - Losing in the polls!

MRoCkEd
05-27-2009, 07:36 AM
Dodd remains in political trouble
(http://www.politico.com/blogs/scorecard/0509/Dodd_remains_in_political_trouble.html)
Sen. Chris Dodd (D-Conn.) remains in serious political trouble and continues to trail Republican Rob Simmons in the Connecticut Senate race, according to a just-released Quinnipiac poll. (http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x1296.xml?ReleaseID=1301)

A 53 percent majority of Connecticut voters disapprove of Dodd’s job performance – only a slight improvement from his 58 percent disapproval rating last month – and only 38 percent approve of his record.

Dodd’s personal favorability is equally weak, with 37 percent holding a favorable opinion of him and 51 percent viewing him unfavorably.

Dodd trails former Republican congressman Rob Simmons by six points, 45 to 39 percent, an ominous sign for an incumbent. (He trailed Simmons by 16 points, 50 to 34 percent, in the April survey.) Dodd holds a narrow two-point lead over lesser-known Republican state senator Sam Caligiuri.

And fewer than 50 percent of Democratic voters said they would support Dodd over his little-known primary rival, Merrick Alpert. He leads Alpert, 44 to 24 percent, in the primary matchup.

"Sen. Christopher Dodd's numbers are getting better but they are still lousy. He still has high negatives: About half of the voters don't trust Dodd and disapprove of the job he is doing. And he is still behind Simmons in a general election matchup," said Quinnipiac University Poll Director Douglas Schwartz.

"Nobody knows Merrick Alpert, the new challenger to Dodd, and it should be troubling to Dodd that this political nobody is still getting a quarter of the Democratic primary vote."

Run Peter Run!

itshappening
05-28-2009, 03:53 PM
Can whoever runs Schiff 2010 commission a poll with Schiff in ?

No1ButPaul08
05-28-2009, 03:58 PM

I imagine Quinnipiac will have to if Peter officially enters the race. Quinnipiac is in CT and I can't see them just ignoring Schiff.

They will probably also do Schiff-Simmons-Caligiuri primary poll.

With that said, Peter will probably do this himself if he runs, to have his own polling (He may already have, which could be a reason he does or doesn't enter the race)

AndrewSica
05-28-2009, 04:00 PM

My understanding is that it has been looked at by those in Connecticut involved, but they schiff2010 guys haven't wanted to go that route due to the amount of money involved(I was told the cost was around $20,000).
They've chosen to use the funds to try to raise more support.

This will eventually be done though, as others have said.

itshappening
05-28-2009, 04:06 PM
a poll costs $20k?? jeeez, that's expensive. i thought it was a few k for something like that... oh well