PDA

View Full Version : Rand said he might run even if Bunning Stays in if he raises a lot of money.

skyorbit
05-26-2009, 11:48 PM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/podcast/

Right here on Lew Rockwell. Rand said, he might be persuaded to run even if Bunning doesn't drop out, if he can raise a Million Quickly.

So we need to GO :)

Tracy

Texan4Life
05-27-2009, 12:51 AM
thats sounds like a hint... If we get motivated it could be done pretty easily :)

Austin
05-27-2009, 05:13 AM
He will not raise a million in the exploratory phase. Too many people are holding back and do not want to waste money on someone that is not going to run. If he announces a running campaign, Ron sends out an email, and we plan a big money bomb, we'll get him his million and change.

V3n
05-27-2009, 05:35 AM
He will not raise a million in the exploratory phase. Too many people are holding back and do not want to waste money on someone that is not going to run. If he announces a running campaign, Ron sends out an email, and we plan a big money bomb, we'll get him his million and change.

Agreed.

V3n
05-27-2009, 08:46 AM
This is more like a rhetorical question, unless there is a real answer... But how much is enough? If he posted a goal we could get to work on beating it.

I know the idea is to give as much as you can, but if I knew he was just a little off his goal, I would dig deeper to make sure he met it.

Aratus
05-27-2009, 09:13 AM
methinks given that Senator Bunning wants to run and assumes nearly all his voters
in the previous two runs will vote for him again, and given that Trey Grayson
thinks Senator Bunning recently gave him the nod and most likely won't leap
in or if he does run, he may pull out again two to three weeks before the primary,
we have a curious situation. at least four solid bona fide Democrats will vie for
the senate seat in Kentucky ...in 2010. Trey Grayson was once a Clinton Democrat.
we assume he assumes he can cut into the appeal of whoever the emerging Obama
Democrat is, however these gains most likely will be offset by old fashion'd true
blue conservatives who will totally doubt his sincerity. Rand Paul, if running, could easily
pick up MANY of the voters who have voted for Senator Bunning and can call on many
of the grassroots people here to help him out. this is why it gets curiouser and curiouser.
Senator Bunning does not really want to retire, yet the g.o.p is trying to prognosticate
the results of the race before they november day arrive. He could be said to have been
given MANY hints from inside the party, the very same party that Trey Grayson has so
recently joined the fold of... can we think Joe Lieberman or Arlan Spector and profound
conversions? admittedly right now, in the senate or even inside a governor's mansion,
many of the budgetary questions have the options of either a leftwing Democrat or a
centrist Republican almost resembling each other due to the dearth of funds...the fall
of revenues. there is less money to tax if people are unemployed. tacitly, the fense straddling
political animal that Trey Grayson is --- has him knowing that if he comes across too much
like an ole New Deal Democrat, all Goldwaterites will want to pull the lever for someone else.
this is as the pressures for a tight purse strings approach gathers steam and anticipates
teabags in the merry whistlin' kettle that is life. Senator Bunning hopes he can edge out
a victory once more by the very same narrow margins that he had twice before... and yes,
things are not so dire looking as they were last winter. maybe things are looking more normal
if not into the usual normalcy mode for the g.o.p and this has the good senator wanting to
have another "Last Hurrah" as he thinks fond thoughts about Spencer Tracy and his acting
ability. this has got to frustrate Trey Grayson, as Mr. Grayson's own contemplated entry into
the mix of things must REALLY frustrate any honest Democrat who feels a November 2010
victory has been danglin' in front of the eyes of the guys of the party Andy Jackson once
whumped up into quite a tidy and nice patronage aspected populistic organization in its day...

Aratus
05-27-2009, 09:30 AM
lets see if we can think of several scenarios. ---one of 'em has Trey Grayson NOT running
as Senator Bunning DOES again run. Rand Paul could sit back or opt to challenge him in either
the general election or the primary if not both. another scenario has Senator Bunning totally retiring
as both Trey Grayson and Rand Paul argue over auditing the FED, our budget and our foreign policy
let alone what both could do for Kentucky's voters. if Trey Grayson and Senator Bunning are
not a tagteam trying to keep Rand Paul from running, and there is quite a factional fight
inside the local G.O.P as the edgy Democrats sense a victory that seems again to be almost
theirs save for three very volatile percentage points in the exact middle of these opinion polls,
we can expect to see an intense race amoungst the three or four top Democrats as Trey Grayson
looks over his "tradecoat" sholder in a non-turncoat way. if he is less sincere than i think he is, and to
my august distance, i may be missing all nuances, were Trey Grayson to mis-read Senator Bunning, he
could alienate all the Bunning voters as the traditional Democrats avoid him like the bublonic plague.
the stunt most circus ring of riding two horses requires beaucoup de co-ordination in a "daaaaarrrrby" like
the Kentucky Derby! i think that Senator Bunning's legendary previous victories hint at a large groundswell
of voters who could EASILY vote for Rand Paul were he the G.O.P candidate come november of 2010, and these
same said voters might have their quiet opinions about Trey Grayson... and how Republican he has to be...

Aratus
05-27-2009, 09:46 AM
in james polk era discourse, we have three guys REALLY making noises about running,
an' two of 'em more than simply contemplate exploratory committees. i feel that rand paul
and trey grayson could be soon inside an intense series of debates, but for a humble
letter on senator bunning's website. if senator bunning plunges in, or even half plunges in,
does he become a spoiler if he only half backs trey grayson and assumes rand paul will totally
sit the whole thing out? does senator bunning WANT the media goldfish bowl to hang on his
every word until perhaps the halfway point of the primary run? clearly the senator is a well
established figure, and easily could eclipse trey grayson, even if mr. grayson is the only guy
on the Republican side, and totally running! i think it might be more fair to the voters to have
the Kentucky G.O.P hash out in this race the longterm future of all who be a loyal opposition
to the current administration. soon we will relegate the praise "clinton democrat" to the past.
perhaps this is why trey grayson 'centrist' moved over a tad onto the 'mitt romney' spectrum of things...

Austin
05-27-2009, 10:38 AM
The exploratory phase is to "test the waters," to gauge support, to see if you think you can raise money.. It's not to impress people on the internet.

The FEC will not let Rand "raise a million in the exploratory phase."
But, if he can't raise enough money to get started in this phase... there is little chance of moving onto the next, in my eyes.

Do you have a ballpark number that would convince Rand to move on to the next phase?

Kraig
05-27-2009, 10:57 AM
I don't understand why he doesn't come out and say he's going to run, he is only wasting fund raising time, and I don't think it is realistic to ask people to give a guy who may or may not run a million dollars for it. Yeah the money will probably go to someone else who is "worth it" if he chooses not to, but there are plenty of people who want to know exactly who they are donating to.

Austin
05-27-2009, 01:30 PM
Do you think the fact that 60+ volunteers will be giving up a week or two of their summer to volunteer will play a role in his entrance to the race? :o :D

Serious question.. :)

Kraig
05-27-2009, 01:33 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics

The man has announced an exploratory committee LESS THAN TWO WEEKS AGO.... One step at a time.

I don't know how it looks to people outside of the state, but to those of us in the state... sure looks like he is laying the groundwork for a run...:o

Until we have some way of linking all of our minds together groups of people don't really make decisions, individuals consider what others have said/done and then they make a decision on their own.

Imperial
05-27-2009, 01:57 PM
Why couldn't he take the money to run for state senate or state rep or us rep? No other options to take?

Matt Collins
05-27-2009, 09:19 PM
Aratus - can you PLEASE figure out what paragraphs are?!?! You've got some great content but it's very hard to read!

Austin
05-27-2009, 09:59 PM
:p:p

I just skip over it myself, because of what you mentioned...:o

Me too... :o

FSP-Rebel
05-27-2009, 10:12 PM
This individual has already contributed 250 bucks... How about you?;)
That's fabulous! I will do the same if he ends up running. I'm even trying to convince his staff to get him to NH (if nothing else, get him on FTL) so we can replicate the scene when Ron got here a couple years ago @ Murphy's Taproom. Youtubes, media, mass crowd, etc.

FSP-Rebel
05-27-2009, 10:13 PM
Motion carried.

Matt Collins
05-28-2009, 12:39 AM
:p:p

I just skip over it myself, because of what you mentioned...:oYep which is a shame because it looks like there are some good thoughts in there. :(

V3n
05-28-2009, 06:03 AM
I read Aratus's stuff - they were good and worth the read. I think the main problem though is that politics is too random and subject to unexpected turns and events - too far out to start building scenarios.

On a side note - I just got a screen capture of Adam Kokesh's name on Rand Paul's recent donor list - pretty sweet! I'm not trying to change the subject of the thread into an AK thread, but it was nice to see them supporting each other.. :)

I'll be donating what I can on Monday.. Anybody got a 'Rand Paul graphs' page setup so we can see the money bomb in action?? :D

Aratus
05-28-2009, 09:12 AM
----methinks given that Senator Bunning wants to run and assumes
nearly all his voters in the previous two runs will vote for him again,
and given that Trey Grayson thinks Senator Bunning recently gave
him the nod and most likely won't leap in or if he does run, he may
pull out again two to three weeks before the primary, we have a
curious situation.

----at least four solid bona fide Democrats will vie for
the senate seat in Kentucky ...in 2010. Trey Grayson
was once a Clinton Democrat. we assume he assumes
he can cut into the appeal of whoever the emerging
Obama Democrat is, however these gains most likely
will be offset by old fashion'd true blue conservatives
who will totally doubt his sincerity.

----Rand Paul, if running, could easily
pick up MANY of the voters who have
voted for Senator Bunning and can call
on many of the grassroots people here
to help him out. this is why it gets curiouser
and curiouser. Senator Bunning does not really
want to retire, yet the g.o.p is trying to prognosticate
the results of the race before they november day arrive.

----He, Sen Bunning could be said to have been
given MANY hints from inside the party, the very
same party that Trey Grayson has so recently
joined the fold of... can we think Joe Lieberman
or Arlan Spector and profound conversions?

-----admittedly right now, in the senate or even inside
a governor's mansion, many of the budgetary questions
have the options of either a leftwing Democrat or a
centrist Republican almost resembling each other due to
the dearth of funds...the fall of revenues. there is less
money to tax if people are unemployed. tacitly, the fence
straddling political animal that Trey Grayson is --- has him
knowing that if he comes across too much like an ole New
Deal Democrat, all Goldwaterites will want to pull the lever
for someone else. this is as the pressures for a tight purse
strings approach gathers steam and anticipates teabags in
the merry whistlin' kettle that is life. Senator Bunning hopes
he can edge out a victory once more by the very same narrow
margins that he had twice before... and yes, things are not so
dire looking as they were last winter. maybe things are looking
more normal if not into the usual normalcy mode for the g.o.p
and this has the good senator wanting to have another "Last Hurrah"
as he thinks fond thoughts about Spencer Tracy and his acting ability.

this has got to frustrate Trey Grayson,
as Mr. Grayson's own contemplated entry into
the mix of things must REALLY frustrate any
honest Democrat who feels a November 2010
victory has been danglin' in front of the eyes
of the guys of the party Andy Jackson once
whumped up into quite a tidy and nice patronage
aspected populistic organization in its day...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lets see if we can think of several scenarios.

---one of 'em has Trey Grayson NOT running
as Senator Bunning DOES again run. Rand Paul
could sit back or opt to challenge him in either
the general election or the primary if not both.

-----another scenario has Senator Bunning totally retiring
as both Trey Grayson and Rand Paul argue over auditing
the FED, our budget and our foreign policy let alone what
both could do for Kentucky's voters.

-----if Trey Grayson and Senator Bunning are not a tagteam trying to keep
Rand Paul from running, and there is quite a factional fight inside the local
G.O.P as the edgy Democrats sense a victory that seems again to be almost
theirs save for three very volatile percentage points in the exact middle of
these opinion polls, we can expect to see an intense race amoungst the three
or four top Democrats as Trey Grayson looks over his "tradecoat" sholder in a
non-turncoat way. if he is less sincere than i think he is, and to my august
(N.E)distance, i may be missing all nuances, were Trey Grayson to mis-read
Senator Bunning, he could alienate all the Bunning voters as the traditional
Democrats avoid him like the bublonic plague. the stunt most circus ring of riding
two horses requires beaucoup de co-ordination in a "daaaaarrrrby" like the Kentucky Derby!

----- i think that Senator Bunning's legendary previous victories hint at a large groundswell of voters who could EASILY vote for Rand Paul were he the G.O.P candidate come november of 2010, and these same said voters might have their quiet opinions about Trey Grayson... and how Republican he has to be...

in james polk era discourse, we have three guys REALLY making noises about running,
an' two of 'em more than simply contemplate exploratory committees. i feel that rand paul
and trey grayson could be soon inside an intense series of debates, but for a humble
letter on senator bunning's website. if senator bunning plunges in, or even half plunges in,
does he become a spoiler if he only half backs trey grayson and assumes rand paul will totally
sit the whole thing out? does senator bunning WANT the media goldfish bowl to hang on his
every word until perhaps the halfway point of the primary run? clearly the senator is a well
established figure, and easily could eclipse trey grayson, even if mr. grayson is the only guy
on the Republican side, and totally running! i think it might be more fair to the voters to have
the Kentucky G.O.P hash out in this race the longterm future of all who be a loyal opposition
to the current administration. soon we will relegate the praise "clinton democrat" to the past.
perhaps this is why trey grayson 'centrist' moved over a tad onto the 'mitt romney' spectrum of things...

cheapseats
05-29-2009, 09:58 AM
This is outrageous -- Indecent Proposal comes to mind.

Tell you what, I'll give Dick Cheney a blow job if people send enough money.