PDA

View Full Version : Brownback: okay to oppose Iraqi war

Bradley in DC
09-21-2007, 09:45 AM
http://ronpaulforums.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=23

PBS' Suarez sat down with Sam Brownback as part of their candidates '08 series:

On Iraq: "You can be against the war, and you can be against it on a policy basis, but the military, General Petraeus, they're doing everything they're asked to do. But we're not getting a political solution on the ground. So I'm pushing a three-state soft partition, and I think that's where we've really had a failure taking place."

Asked what happens in Iraq in Jan. '09: "I think we remain involved; I think you have to have a long-term U.S. commitment to Iraq. The key is getting our death losses down. We're in Bosnia 15 years after the Dayton Accords and the split there, soft partition. We're in South Korea 60 years after the Korean War. We can be there a long time if we're not losing soldiers."

Asked if Iraq has been a "windshield issue" that has block all other issues on the campaign trail: "It has, although I have to say, on our side of the aisle, immigration has more dominated the windshield, if you will, than even the war, just this really tough, visceral debate we've been having as a nation about immigration policy, about illegal immigration."

On his core issue: "What I want to talk about is rebuilding the family, because I really believe, in my heart and soul, that if we would rebuild and strengthen the family structure in the country, you'd start to really deal with a number of the most difficult problems we're having in the country today, in poverty, education, and in crime, but we've broken the family structure up" ("NewsHour," 9/20).

axiomata
09-21-2007, 11:12 AM
Brownback got a nice bump with that comment as far as my 2nd tier candidates go.

Badger Paul
09-21-2007, 11:18 AM
How in God's name is the government that can rebuild Iraq or New orleans supposed to rebuild "the Family." How? What do you propose to "rebuild" the family? Maybe my family doesn't need to be rebuilt.

What stupid, dated rhetoric.

noxagol
09-21-2007, 11:37 AM
Oh, so they are going to make Iraq the US like it was 230 years ago?

mdh
09-21-2007, 12:27 PM
Bradley, why did you link to posting a new thread in General Politics? :p

fluoridatedbrainsoup
09-21-2007, 04:15 PM
When they're vague like that it means nefarious purposes. And with newspeak we know that "rebuilding the family" actually means "destroying the family".
I can only say this with conviction because I know that Brownback is CFR.

RP4ME
09-21-2007, 04:48 PM
When they're vague like that it means nefarious purposes. And with newspeak we know that "rebuilding the family" actually means "destroying the family".
I can only say this with conviction because I know that Brownback is CFR.

how do you knwo he is CFR? I also wonder if soem in teh CFR are just there for prestige but may not "get" teh whole agenda or buy into it all - what do ya think...although CFR makes you supersuspect...

OURPLAN
09-21-2007, 04:50 PM
Brownback looks like Greg Brady.

Mesogen
09-21-2007, 05:02 PM
I keep seeing this line but it's worth repeating.

Keep your small government off my family.

LibertyEagle
09-21-2007, 05:05 PM
http://ronpaulforums.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=23

Bradley, this opens up a new thread. Did you intend to paste a link instead?

they walked in line
09-21-2007, 07:30 PM
Why 'Partition' (of Iraq) Is a Dirty Word - by Ivan Eland (http://antiwar.com/eland/?articleid=11645)