PDA

View Full Version : Three-headed credit bereau monster

RCA
05-26-2009, 06:56 PM
Is it just me or are the three credit bereaus worse than government agencies when it comes to bloat and shadyness? Have you ever tried just calling one up and asking for a credit report, free or pay? It's 99.99% impossible unless you want to wait on hold for 4 hours after winding through a nauseating menu of machine speak.

And then, if you do manage to hit the lottery and order one, the piece of shit that arrives in your mailbox is barely legible, resembling some sort of dead sea scroll from mars.

When other companies get more efficient over time how come the credit bureaus are so cluster-fucked? How would a libertarian propose to handle credit checks? I say this as a person will nearly an 800 FICO.

satchelmcqueen
05-26-2009, 07:05 PM
i had a score of 789 or so for the last 10 years. now that i paid off my jeep (in 2 years flay 20k) i now have a lowering score since i dont have a loan with anyone. so i get to start over if i ever need a loan for anything. sad the way it works. i think its all a big scam to keep you in debt.

kathy88
05-26-2009, 07:08 PM
"the piece of shit that arrives in your mailbox is barely legible, resembling some sort of dead sea scroll from mars"

roflmao.... this is so true

Catatonic
05-26-2009, 07:08 PM
Employers are starting to turn people down if they have bad credit also

Lovecraftian4Paul
05-26-2009, 07:18 PM
Employers are starting to turn people down if they have bad credit also

I don't understand this logic. Does this mean no credit from not having debt as well? And what business is it of an employer how their employees spend their money?

kathy88
05-26-2009, 07:20 PM
I don't understand this logic. Does this mean no credit from not having debt as well? And what business is it of an employer how their employees spend their money?

Another thing that makes no sense to me is that insurance companies also check credit, and base pricing off the scores. I bitched to my agent once about this, and she replied that their "market research" determined that people with lower credit scores tended to let policies lapse for non-payment and had more claims. Thus, higher risk.

I call bullshit.

Catatonic
05-26-2009, 07:28 PM

They feel that if you have good credit you're more dependable. My argument is that if you have bad credit you're probably broke and need the job more, so you're not going to screw around as much.