http://bit.ly/152OU4

Guests:

Rep Ron Paul

Thomas E Woods

Wayne Allyn Root - 2008 Libertarian VP Candidate

Mike German - ACLU

Mancow - Radio Talk Show host

Michael Maresco - The Liberty Rider: Ride For Honesty

Sam Dodson - Jailed activist/journalist in New Hampshire: http://freesamdodson.com/

Shelly Roche - Taking questions via Twitter (@shellyroche)

Be sure to tune in tomorrow at 2pm Eastern for another great show.

Enjoy!

MRoCkEd
05-26-2009, 02:41 PM
Interesting lineup.. W.A.R. and Mancow
Good to see that Michael will be on there to promote his liberty ride

But.. where's Peter Schiff?

FSP-Rebel
05-26-2009, 02:46 PM
It's great to see that Sam will be on. What a great activist he is... Courageous as well.

torchbearer
05-26-2009, 02:53 PM
great line-up

ClayTrainor
05-26-2009, 03:29 PM
Can't wait! :)

mport1
05-26-2009, 03:45 PM
Good to see that Sam is getting some much deserved attention for his situation!

haaaylee
05-26-2009, 03:45 PM
wayne allen root? really?

purplechoe
05-26-2009, 03:47 PM
I'm gonna make my weekly plea and ask to have G. Edward Griffin and Adam Kokesh on the show soon.

kathy88
05-26-2009, 03:51 PM
Can't wait for Michael :) WOOT!

powerofreason
05-26-2009, 05:12 PM
Oh thats great they put in the self-aggrandizing political opportunist douchebag Wayne Allen Root in but no Lew Rockwell this week.

ClayTrainor
05-26-2009, 05:15 PM
I'm gonna make my weekly plea and ask to have G. Edward Griffin and Adam Kokesh on the show soon.

+1 :cool:

tajitj
05-26-2009, 06:09 PM
Advertising Freedom Watch on a blog. Left side toward top.
http://olbermannwatch.com/

Also started a chip-in (http://http://c4lonwebblogs.chipin.com/freedom-watch-ads) if people would like to donate and see an ad on one of the more popular blogs.

paulitics
05-26-2009, 06:34 PM
I'm glad to see Mancow on there. This is a hot issue that would like pull in viewers.

MRoCkEd
05-27-2009, 11:07 AM
Watch Freedom Watch at 2:00 PM EST (tinyurl.com/freedomwatch)

Bryan
05-27-2009, 11:21 AM
Tuned-in... :)

Slist
05-27-2009, 11:23 AM
so shiff will be on beck tomorrow :-)

Bryan
05-27-2009, 11:29 AM
Off to a great start. :)

MRoCkEd
05-27-2009, 11:35 AM
lol.. peter schiff disappeared and Wayne Root appeared in his place

Bryan
05-27-2009, 11:38 AM
lol.. peter schiff disappeared and Wayne Root appeared in his place

I was trying to figure that one out too. :)

gls
05-27-2009, 11:38 AM
I could do without Wayne Root; I hope they don't start having neocons on the show.

Bryan
05-27-2009, 11:39 AM
Interesting camera work... :)

Bryan
05-27-2009, 11:40 AM
Peter is back. :)

MsDoodahs
05-27-2009, 11:46 AM
Ugh. Mancow is horrible.

"It's torture but I don't care, we can do whatever we want because we're the US"

Makes me ill.

Bryan
05-27-2009, 11:48 AM
Judge just called Mancow a neo-con! :)

Bryan
Ugh. Mancow is horrible.

"It's torture but I don't care, we can do whatever we want because we're the US"

Makes me ill.

Judge just called him out on it too.

MRoCkEd
hahaha
judge called him a neocon

MsDoodahs
05-27-2009, 11:51 AM
I like Peter's point - if it is OKAY for the fedgov to torture, then they WILL use it on AMERICANS.

:(

iddo
05-27-2009, 11:55 AM
I could do without Wayne Root; I hope they don't start having neocons on the show.

Wayne Root isn't a neocon.

MRoCkEd
05-27-2009, 11:57 AM
Peter Schiff talked about his father's possessions being stolen by the "IRS Thugs." Pretty interesting stuff.

gls
05-27-2009, 11:58 AM
Wayne Root isn't a neocon.

During the primary he went on the radio and called Ron Paul's foreign policy "weak and naive". Sure sounds like a neocon to me.

Oh, and then there's this:

http://web.archive.org/web/20061205034008/http://millionairerepublican.com/

http://i44.tinypic.com/r94zme.png

Bryan
05-27-2009, 12:02 PM
Sam Dodson is on now...

MsDoodahs
05-27-2009, 12:03 PM
During the primary he went on the radio and called Ron Paul's foreign policy "weak and naive". Sure sounds like a neocon to me.

Root's a neocon.

MsDoodahs
05-27-2009, 12:07 PM
Why is he STILL in jail?

Bryan
05-27-2009, 12:09 PM
Why is he STILL in jail?

:confused::confused::confused:

I saw that video a while back..

MRoCkEd
05-27-2009, 12:10 PM
holy shit @ the video
Fuck the government and its thugs

gls
Why is he STILL in jail?

He refuses to give his legal name (basically exercising his right to remain silent), and even though they have it they won't release him or schedule a trial date until he capitulates.

iddo

My recollection is that he said that Ron Paul shouldn't present his foreign policy in a way that make it be perceived as weak. Kinda similar to what Rand Paul said.

Bryan
05-27-2009, 12:11 PM
So you can remove the serial number from your camera or other items? So much for property rights...

gls
05-27-2009, 12:13 PM
My recollection is that he said that Ron Paul shouldn't present his foreign policy in a way that make it be perceived as weak. Kinda similar to what Rand Paul said.

Except W.A.R. doesn't believe in a non-interventionist foreign policy, as evidenced by his endorsement of the GOP "dream ticket" of McCain-Lieberman.

MRoCkEd
05-27-2009, 12:15 PM
Except W.A.R. doesn't believe in a non-interventionist foreign policy, as evidenced by his endorsement of the GOP "dream ticket" of McCain-Lieberman.
He said that was the "dream ticket" in terms of it being what he saw as the best option if the GOP wants to win. He clarified that he did not support it. I still don't like him though.

No1ButPaul08
05-27-2009, 12:17 PM
I want to start a website (would need some help for sure)

cameraisthenewgun.com

MsDoodahs
05-27-2009, 12:19 PM
RonPaulHawaii's on!

MsDoodahs
05-27-2009, 12:20 PM
I want to start a website (would need some help for sure)

cameraisthenewgun.com

Oh, that would be great!

yongrel
05-27-2009, 12:21 PM
Good to see RPH on and Lew Rockwell off.

MRoCkEd
05-27-2009, 12:22 PM
Good to see RPH on and Lew Rockwell off.
Why LR off?

Bryan
RonPaulHawaii's on!

Great segment!

No1ButPaul08
Peter is still there off camera bragging to Eric Bolling about his foreign stocks rebounding

MRoCkEd
05-27-2009, 12:23 PM
Peter is still there off camera bragging to Eric Bolling about his foreign stocks rebounding
I heard that.. haha

BuddyRey
05-27-2009, 12:24 PM
Freedom Watch should really consider expanding to a two-hour show. One hour a week just isn't enough for me to get my fix anymore!!! :eek:

gls
05-27-2009, 12:24 PM
He said that was the "dream ticket" in terms of it being what he saw as the best option if the GOP wants to win. He clarified that he did not support it. I still don't like him though.

If he doesn't support the "conservative Democrat" Lieberman, why did he donate $1000 to his most recent re-election campaign?

http://images.nictusa.com/cgi-bin/fecimg/?26020893465

http://www.rootforamerica.com/images/bush2008.jpg

http://www.rootforamerica.com/home/images/np00/025.jpg

http://www.rootforamerica.com/home/images/np00/026.jpg

http://www.rootforamerica.com/images/rovefam.gif

MRoCkEd
05-27-2009, 12:28 PM
Fair enough. He's an opportunist.

MsDoodahs
05-27-2009, 12:28 PM
ACK those photos hurt my eyes!

Bryan
05-27-2009, 12:32 PM
Freedom Watch should really consider expanding to a two-hour show. One hour a week just isn't enough for me to get my fix anymore!!! :eek:

I was thinking today of the possibilities of a "Freedom Watch Talk" sub-forum. :)

yongrel
05-27-2009, 12:40 PM
Why LR off?

I appreciate a healthy distance from him in all things.

Keith and stuff
05-27-2009, 01:48 PM
He refuses to give his legal name (basically exercising his right to remain silent), and even though they have it they won't release him or schedule a trial date until he capitulates.

It's all a bunch of craziness! Free Sam Dodson! Sam is doing more to stand up to the state than most of us will ever do.

FSP-Rebel
05-27-2009, 01:55 PM
It's all a bunch of craziness! Free Sam Dodson! Sam is doing more to stand up to the state than most of us will ever do.
I'll 2nd that.

Keith and stuff
05-27-2009, 01:55 PM
Wow, another great show! Michael is a great activist and I wish him well with the ride. That money I sent him is more than worth it.

Sam is also a fantastic activist. I've enjoyed my visits with him at the Cheshire County, New Hampshire jail. Hopefully he is out by next week, if not then I will visit him again.
In case you still have not checked it out, http://freesamdodson.com/

The Judge has had 5 Free State Project members (including 3 movers) in the last 4 shows. Crazy stuff!

FSP-Rebel
05-27-2009, 01:57 PM
I appreciate a healthy distance from him in all things.
And your reason is???
Rockwell runs the best read libertarian website in the world. And he's also a premier libertarian heavyweight that can debate anyone into the ground. So...

FSP-Rebel
05-27-2009, 01:59 PM
Wow, another great show! Michael is a great activist and I wish him well with the ride.

The Judge has had 5 Free State Project members (including 3 movers) in the last 4 shows. Crazy stuff!
Yep, the movers being the MotorHome Diaries crew and Sam. The other 2 are Dr. Sorens and Kane.

yongrel
05-27-2009, 03:04 PM
And your reason is???
Rockwell runs the best read libertarian website in the world. And he's also a premier libertarian heavyweight that can debate anyone into the ground. So...

Valuable as many of his contributions may be, I do not enjoy any more proximity to Rockwell than is necessary for me to be informed and effective in my own efforts.

I do not embrace the paleoconservatism, the Reconstructionism, and a whole slew of other lovely "isms" that he brings to the table himself and through the work of those whom he publishes. The same is true for many liberty-minded folks.

I would like to see Freedom Watch become an important piece of the libertarian movement, but featuring Lew Rockwell so heavily risks that objective. He and his followers alienate a great number of significant figures who could otherwise contribute to Freedom Watch's success. Intellectual giants like the Cato Institute, which could lend considerable support to the program, are made wary of the show by Rockwell's involvement.

This is not new either. Rockwell has been widening schisms between himself and the rest of the libertarian establishment for decades now, and this has hurt the movement on both sides.

If Rockwell becomes a very occasional guest on Freedom Watch, as opposed to an installation, it would do wonders for the credibility and support of the show.

Hence my pleasure at seeing Rockwell absent today.

For those curious about the situation I refer to, do some Google research of the Rothbard-Cato split.

He Who Pawns
05-27-2009, 03:15 PM
That Root guy is a dillweed. He comes off worse than a used car salesman every time I have seen him.

So was Peter on today???

NYgs23
05-27-2009, 06:35 PM
I would like to see Freedom Watch become an important piece of the libertarian movement, but featuring Lew Rockwell so heavily risks that objective. He and his followers alienate a great number of significant figures who could otherwise contribute to Freedom Watch's success. Intellectual giants like the Cato Institute, which could lend considerable support to the program, are made wary of the show by Rockwell's involvement.

In my opinion, Cato, far from being an "intellectual giant," is much too centrist and politically opportunistic, and I'd much rather hang my hat on the intellectual dynamism and radicalism of the Mises Institute than the timid politicking of Cato.

The domination of policy-pushing vanilla-centrists from the DC Establishment to the exclusion of much more rigorous, radical, and principled thinkers would wash the whole thing up.

Rockwell, as an intellectual entrepreneur, has probably done more than anyone living, other than perhaps Ron Paul, to bring a true pro-freedom idealogy to a wider audience. Ron Paul himself is associated with the Rockwell, as is Tom Woods, and it is people like this who are doing the most to promote these pro-freedom ideals. Only by clinging to principle, regardless of DC "respectability," has he been able to maintain the intellectual purity and credibility of his outlets, while think tanks like Cato play footsie with the Establishment. Those who would be "alienated" by him, either for his intellectual radicalism or for his socially and culturally traditionalistic leanings, only reveal their own biases.

gls
05-27-2009, 06:40 PM
In my opinion, Cato, far from being an "intellectual giant," is much too centrist and politically opportunistic, and I'd much rather hang my hat on the intellectual dynamism and radicalism of the Mises Institute than the timid politicking of Cato.

The domination of policy-pushing vanilla-centrists from the DC Establishment to the exclusion of much more rigorous, radical, and principled thinkers would wash the whole thing up.

Rockwell, as an intellectual entrepreneur, has probably done more than anyone living, other than perhaps Ron Paul, to bring a true pro-freedom idealogy to a wider audience. Ron Paul himself is associated with the Rockwell, as is Tom Woods, and it is people like this who are doing the most to promote these pro-freedom ideals. Only by clinging to principle, regardless of DC "respectability," has he been able to maintain the intellectual purity and credibility of his outlets, while think tanks like Cato play footsie with the Establishment. Those who would be "alienated" by him, either for his intellectual radicalism or for his socially and culturally traditionalistic leanings, only reveal their own biases.

+1

Pro-war and pro-Fed "Beltwaytarians" have been the corporate-owned media's face of the freedom movement for too long.

Dreamofunity
05-27-2009, 06:43 PM
That Root guy is a dillweed. He comes off worse than a used car salesman every time I have seen him.

So was Peter on today???

Peter was on for about 3.5/6 sections.

Root pissed me off. He sounded like a hardcore neocon.

And for the Rockwell debate: I'd rather have Mises advertised over Cato.

jmlfod87
05-27-2009, 06:52 PM
We need to build bridges, not burn them down. If FreedomWatch gets aired on FNC it would be a great opportunity to repair the relationship between the Mises/Austrian and Cato/Beltway crowds. The Judge should work on having members of both camps on simutaneously, which he has so far avoided.

Keith and stuff
05-27-2009, 08:08 PM
I agree with jmlford87 that we should build bridges. For example, even though I am an outspoken supporter of the Free State Project, I welcomed Boston T. Party to the 2009 New Hampshire Liberty Forum. I was busy helping run the event and didn't have time to attend most of the speeches but made sure to attend Boston's speech. It was a fantastic speech and I bought a copy of one of his books.

The libertarian movement is big enough for the folks in TX, AL, DC, NH, etc.

Scribbler de Stebbing
05-27-2009, 08:52 PM

If you read his book, "Millionaire Republican," you may have put it down in disgust, like I did, while he bragged about his multiple bankruptcies. Bankruptcy isn't gumption; it's stealing.

FSP-Rebel
05-27-2009, 10:39 PM
If you read his book, "Millionaire Republican," you may have put it down in disgust, like I did, while he bragged about his multiple bankruptcies. Bankruptcy isn't gumption; it's stealing.
You're so right, though I wouldn't crack that book even if I was in jail.

NYgs23
05-28-2009, 12:40 PM
We need to build bridges, not burn them down. If FreedomWatch gets aired on FNC it would be a great opportunity to repair the relationship between the Mises/Austrian and Cato/Beltway crowds. The Judge should work on having members of both camps on simutaneously, which he has so far avoided.

I'm all for building bridges, but only while maintaining ones principles at the same time.

LibertyEagle
05-28-2009, 12:51 PM
Intellectual giants like the Cato Institute, which could lend considerable support to the program, are made wary of the show by Rockwell's involvement.

- snip -

MRoCkEd
05-28-2009, 12:57 PM
he Cato Institute came out in support of Rudolph Giuliani for President, in the last election.
source?

LibertyEagle
05-28-2009, 01:12 PM
source?

Google it. I read it on their web site back during the presidential race.

EDIT: I just tried to find it and it appears I may have to eat my words. What I found was a condemnation of Giuliani and support for Fred Thompson. Very little for Ron Paul though. I'll go back up and edit my other post.

itshappening
05-28-2009, 02:13 PM
Valuable as many of his contributions may be, I do not enjoy any more proximity to Rockwell than is necessary for me to be informed and effective in my own efforts.

I do not embrace the paleoconservatism, the Reconstructionism, and a whole slew of other lovely "isms" that he brings to the table himself and through the work of those whom he publishes. The same is true for many liberty-minded folks.

This is not new either. Rockwell has been widening schisms between himself and the rest of the libertarian establishment for decades now, and this has hurt the movement on both sides.

If Rockwell becomes a very occasional guest on Freedom Watch, as opposed to an installation, it would do wonders for the credibility and support of the show.

Hence my pleasure at seeing Rockwell absent today.

For those curious about the situation I refer to, do some Google research of the Rothbard-Cato split.

CATO hate Rockwell because he tells the truth on the evil of central banking and they (and their big business backers) dont like it.

Danke
06-13-2009, 12:26 PM
Didn't see this posted, sorry if repeat (not really):

YouTube - Freedom Watch ~ Featuring Liberty Rider Michael Maresco 05-27-09 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AguV_PZp04w&eurl=)