PDA

View Full Version : Talking about NRA endorsement on MSNBC

jcbraithwaite7
09-21-2007, 08:48 AM
Those idiots were just talking about NRA endorsement and said, "No Republican candidate deserves the endorsement... heck at this point Bill Richardson has the best record." Oh man... that makes me mad

Now they have Fred Thompson acting like he is MR. NRA!

I get so pissed.... sorry I don't have the link. Maybe we need to hit the NRA and remind them of Dr. Paul's 2nd Amendment record.

ItsTime
09-21-2007, 08:52 AM
Those idiots were just talking about NRA endorsement and said, "No Republican candidate deserves the endorsement... heck at this point Bill Richardson has the best record." Oh man... that makes me mad

Now they have Fred Thompson acting like he is MR. NRA!

I get so pissed.... sorry I don't have the link. Maybe we need to hit the NRA and remind them of Dr. Paul's 2nd Amendment record.

yes! We need to start emailing the NRA today! Do you have the address? Maybe a pre-made email send?

jblosser
09-21-2007, 08:54 AM
The NRA has endorsed democrats running against Paul in his own district. They are hypocrites and sellouts.

Kregener
09-21-2007, 09:00 AM
The NRA was co-opted by change-agents years ago. It is run by glad-handers and deal-making pillow-biters who have absolutely no interest in preserving 2nd Amendment rights.

Gun Owners of America is a rabid, no-compromise 2nd amendment advocate, and they give Ron Paul an A+.

Go figure...

UCFGavin
09-21-2007, 09:00 AM
the NRA is worthless. the GOA is the real gun organization

noxagol
09-21-2007, 09:03 AM
The NRA is also a lot bigger than the GOA. An endorsement from the NRA would do wonders.

UCFGavin
09-21-2007, 09:05 AM
The NRA is also a lot bigger than the GOA. An endorsement from the NRA would do wonders.

yeah, but its a wasted cause because of their corruption

Kregener
09-21-2007, 09:05 AM
They get closer in membership all the time.

Dr. Paul does not need the endorsement of a heroin addict club.

1000-points-of-fright
09-21-2007, 09:30 AM
There's an NRA shindig live on CSPAN right now. Rudy is making a speech. Romney just got done via video tape. I dunno if anyone else is coming up next.

Bradley in DC
09-21-2007, 09:38 AM

Amen.

ChooseLiberty
09-21-2007, 09:42 AM
Any more good info? What's the part about heroin addicts at the NRA?

At what point did they turn. What caused it?

I've noticed they've changed their approach over the years - gotten softer. They used to be feared in DC. I haven't figured out what they actually do now other than recruit new members and give ladies handgun defense classes.

Does the GoA have lobbyists?

They get closer in membership all the time.

Dr. Paul does not need the endorsement of a heroin addict club.

goRPaul
09-21-2007, 11:01 AM
The NRA is just a large lobby group. They're not for ordinary Americans, and while it would be in their better interest to support a candidate like Ron, I don't think Ron really needs their endorsement.

Ron Paul has the endorsement of the Gun Owners of America, whose support for the 2nd amendment is stronger than the NRA.

BillyDkid
09-21-2007, 11:13 AM
My personal opinion is that the NRA has been infiltrating by anti-gun people masquerading as gun rights advocates. You are kidding yourself if you don't believe they have the capability and inclination to do this. I think most people don't appreciate how underhanded people can be. These people with these kinds of agendas are committed to degree ordinary people can not imagine. I look at it the same way as I look at the way the Soviets (and ourselves, I'm sure) would have moles living in the US as US citizens - raising families and joining the rotary and the military. And likewise, the people we need to watch out for in regard to the RP campaign are not the people calling RP a nut - you can see them coming. It is moles looking to discredit the movement from the inside.

angelatc
09-21-2007, 11:29 AM
Neocons took over the NRA as well as the Republican party is what I hear you guys saying.

I'm not a gun owner, but even I know that the GOA is a much stronger advocate than the NRA.

I hope that means that the word is out on the NRA and their sell-out agenda.

aravoth
09-21-2007, 11:36 AM

/signed

bbachtung
09-21-2007, 01:53 PM
If you want to puke, read this description of Rudy's trip to the NRA today (the scariest quote doesn't even have to do with the 2nd Amendment but speaks volumes about what the 1st Amendment means to Benito):

Glossing over the less appealing line items on his gun control resume, ex-NYC mayor Rudy Giuliani presented himself as sympathetic to the aims of the National Rifle Association and pledged, as president, to protect gun rights.

"Your right to bear arms is based on a reasonable degree of safety," he said.

He indicated that he would oppose new efforts to tighten national gun laws.

"I believe that law enforcement should focus on enforcing the laws that exist on the books as opposed to passing new extensions of laws," he said. "A person's home is their castle. They have the right to protect themselves in their own home."

Giulaini explained the lawsuit he initiated in 2000 against gun manufacturers by saying that he was "excessive in everyway that I could think of in order to reduce crime" but said that "intervening events" like September 11th had caused his views to evolve. "I think that lawsuit has gone in the direction that I don't agree with."

He cited a DC court ruling overturning the city's gun ban as instrumental to changing and "strengthening" his views on gun control. That ruling, Parker vs. the Distict of Columbia, was handed down just as Giuliani was beginning his presidential bid.

Giuliani said that MoveOn.org's ad criticizing Gen. Petreaus was out of bounds and hinted that the group should face some sort of sanction.

"They passed a line that we should not allow an American political organization to pass," he said. "We are at war right now, whether some people want to recognize it or not."

A humanizing moment: Giuliani's wife, Judith, called his cell phone, and the two proceeded to have a lovey-dovey chat. "Good bye, sweetheart, I love you," he said.

http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/archives/2007/09/giuliani_claims_an_evolution_o.php

So, from that legal and constitutional scholar Rudy (the new-and-improved "pro-gun" Rudy 2.0), we get that the 2nd Amendment is limited by "reasonable degree of safety" and that gun rights end when one leaves the house. Boy, don't I feel better now.