PDA

View Full Version : UK Government looking into removing Lamb, Tomatoes, and ALCOHOL from menu

Knightskye
05-26-2009, 03:42 AM
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/environment/article6350237.ece

GIVE up lamb roasts and save the planet. Government advisers are developing menus to combat climate change by cutting out “high carbon” food such as meat from sheep, whose burping poses a serious threat to the environment.

The climate committee is analysing emissions from farming and will suggest measures to reduce them. However, it has concluded that people will have to change their habits.

How fucking arrogant is that? "We know what's best for the environment, so we'll tell you what to eat and you'll like it!"

Alcohol? Who are they kidding? They're asking for a revolution.

coyote_sprit
05-26-2009, 04:23 AM
Should ban fat people too because they burp and fart more. Also ban McDonald's and other fast food restaurants to prevent more people from becoming fat.

Knightskye
05-27-2009, 01:43 PM
Should ban fat people too because they burp and fart more. Also ban McDonald's and other fast food restaurants to prevent more people from becoming fat.

Does the UK require restaurants to post caloric information on their menuboards, or is that an American thing?

acptulsa
05-28-2009, 05:46 AM
Today we can't eat mutton because sheep fart. Next thing you know we won't be able to eat beans either--not because the beans fart, but... Why am I explaining this?

This is getting insane quick. Once upon a time what farmers did was pretty much automatically considered 'green'. Now we're so enamored of the natural world we're declaring war on it. Are we going to drive the moose extinct because of gaseous emissions?

To my mind, the question isn't, how did this old world survive all these millenia without a bunch of regulators around to save it. The question is, now that we have a bunch of regulators that bore easily and only know just enough to be dangerous, can this old world survive another century?

Andrew-Austin
05-28-2009, 05:58 AM
Why can't Parliament and Congress just take a really long vacation, they don't have to write new regulations every day just because their bored.

acptulsa
05-28-2009, 06:01 AM
Why can't Parliament and Congress just take a really long vacation, they don't have to write new regulations every day just because their bored.

Better still, let's wire all their jaws shut. After all, hot air can cause global warming too if you produce enough of it.

eduardo89
05-28-2009, 11:59 AM
Better still, let's wire all their jaws shut. After all, hot air can cause global warming too if you produce enough of it.

I'm sure politician bullshit causes more greenhouse gasses than anything else

orafi
05-28-2009, 01:07 PM

They need to ban tea. Hot tea. Save the earth. What will these wigs do then? What will the Queen do then? Huh Queen? Deal with it. Deal with the dry crumpets. Hoe.

kathy88
05-28-2009, 01:14 PM
are we SURE that isn't initially from the Onion?

I hope so................

Mani
05-28-2009, 01:32 PM
They need to ban tea. Hot tea. Save the earth. What will these wigs do then? What will the Queen do then? Huh Queen? Deal with it. Deal with the dry crumpets. Hoe.

LOL.

Today Bottled water is evil, next sheep will be evil, all it would take is a bit of research on how certain TEAS are bad for the environment and they'll be an anti-tea wave.

Original_Intent
05-28-2009, 01:36 PM
I was thinking today that they should ban the little crap toys in Happy meals (and other restaurant's equivalents). The crap goes straight to the landfill, we just keep giving China money for this crap, and I am sure producing it causes more greenhouse gases than all the sheep in the world. Besides, most of the sheep are white, so they are reflecting the sun's rays back out of the atmosphere and helping keep global warming under control.

Except for the black sheep. Now you know why everyone looks down on them, those little bastards are causing global warming BIG time.

Original_Intent
05-28-2009, 01:39 PM
And another thing - if you are EATING the sheep, didn't that put an end to it's burping! Jeez people, if we keep eating them then that is MORE sheep burping.

Damn, I want my Nobel Peace prize. I've earned it more than some of those jokers.

JeNNiF00F00
05-28-2009, 01:45 PM
Damn don't even go there with the TEA!

Touch my tomatoes and DIE!

Pepsi
05-28-2009, 02:03 PM
Just make the worlds largest non ending buffet of lamb chops and that would take care of the "lamb problem".

They just want use to eat like serfs did in the middle ages.

Knightskye
05-29-2009, 12:04 PM
Just make the worlds largest non ending buffet of lamb chops and that would take care of the "lamb problem".

What lamb problem?

Icymudpuppy
05-29-2009, 12:07 PM
It's a ploy to starve the residents of the middle east. They eat mutton, and chicken as pretty much their only two meat sources.

sevin
05-29-2009, 01:04 PM
Do some leaders just wake up in the morning and think, "Hmm, how can I fuck with the economy today?"

ChaosControl
05-29-2009, 01:30 PM
Wow... it just amazes me how bad things really are in terms of totalitarianism.
I wish "global warming" would start claiming the lives of these tyrants. Sorry, I'm not a "christian", I want all tyrants tossed into a volcano or thrown to the bottom of the sea in stone shoes.