PDA

View Full Version : Teacher's Note

TheEvilDetector
05-24-2009, 03:05 AM
http://www.shipmentoffail.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/15.jpg

SimpleName
05-25-2009, 10:09 AM
This is society's issue. We still have this nonsense idea that older people or those who have some sort of control deserve more respect than others. In Asian culture it is the idea of "piety". I personally think anything of the sort is complete and utter b/s. Respecting somebody simply for an insignificant thing such as age or class standing is ridiculous. People earn respect. They are not automatically granted it just for being on earth longer. One example of such idiocy is when older people talk about how it they got in trouble at school, there was no arguing and their parents would spank them. Ehhh...what says the teacher or the school was right? What a terrible thing to do to a child. Trusting a government official over your own child? Those don't sound like "good ol' days".

As for this case itself, even more over the top because the kid was right. He, unlike her, actually knew what he was talking about. She is obviously just a control freak, which is unfortunately like the majority of teachers. What is the easiest path to control beyond law enforcement? The school system. Of course. I have had very few teachers who did not abuse their control in some form or another.

MRoCkEd
05-25-2009, 10:14 AM
Reminds me of the time in elementary school when I defied my teacher for saying that 150% of 200 was 500 (you double it and then add half of it, she said). I insisted it was 300...

Kludge
05-25-2009, 11:31 AM
Wow, that is crazy! Good for your kid though.

It isn't his kid... It's from "shipmentoffail.com", is only possibly legit, and 15 years old (if legit).

torchbearer
05-25-2009, 01:14 PM
I challenged my teachers all the time- one fool in high school was teaching the class that the nile flowed south towards the equator because of gravity.
Oh- I had to raise my hand on that one.

GunnyFreedom
05-25-2009, 01:23 PM
In third grade I used to get beat with a paddle daily because the teacher was constantly wrong about something. I was very polite in correcting her until the beatings started. Then I turned into smartass. Mrs Spaugh was her name.

Dr.3D
05-25-2009, 03:32 PM
Yeah, remember a so called science teacher telling the class we have summer and winter because the Earth in it's orbit is closer to the Sun in the summer and farther from the Sun in the winter.

I had to ask, if that is the case, then why is it winter in Australia when it is summer in the United States. That threw him for a loop and he couldn't explain that away.

Austin
05-25-2009, 03:51 PM
fake

But I'm sure it's happened somewhere, sometime...

asimplegirl
05-25-2009, 05:55 PM
I CONSISTENTLY got into trouble at school for correcting teachers, ESPECIALLY in high school... I have failed many classes for getting kicked out.

I have actually gotten into trouble for being exactly correct in answering a question on an exam, but not writing what the teacher told me to memorize, then arguing my case about it.

Just one of many reasons I do not agree with the school system.

GunnyFreedom
05-25-2009, 06:15 PM
Precisely why when I have kids, I intend to homeschool.

asimplegirl
05-25-2009, 06:32 PM
Yep. :)

TheEvilDetector
05-26-2009, 12:08 PM
Wow, that is crazy! Good for your kid though.

This isn't a note addressed to me, it's just something I found.

ARealConservative
05-26-2009, 12:19 PM
I graduated from high school early to get away from this type of nonsense.

The last straw was getting a C in calculus when I aced every test that semester. I got dinged for not turning in homework because I was working damn near full time preparing to pay for college in 8 months and I didn't see a reason to do homework for the material I already knew.

I had a huge shouting match with my teacher, my point being that grades are merely a reflection of a students understanding of the material and the teacher knew I had fully mastered the subject.