PDA

View Full Version : Congressman David Scott on HR-1207

RonPaulFanInGA
05-23-2009, 07:28 PM
After e-mailing this member of the House Financial Services Committee in March, I finally received a response:

Thank you for contacting me regarding H.R. 1207, the Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2009. I appreciate your thoughts on this issue.

I understand your concern over the transparency and financial responsibility of our federal agencies, specifically that of the Federal Reserve System's Board of Governors. Throughout my years in public service I have continued to support initiatives that seek to ensure greater accountability in government. H.R. 1207, the Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2009, proposes the amendment of Title 31 of the United States Code to reform the manner in which the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve is audited by the Comptroller General of the United States and the manner in which audits are reported. It would allow the U.S. Comptroller General to audit federal agencies without written consent from the appropriate agency, and would also permit the auditing of previously undisclosed transactions of the Federal Reserve. Audit reports would then be made available to Congress within a 90-day period, beginning with the day on which the audit is completed. Currently, H.R. 1207 has been referred to the House Committee on Financial Services. As a member of this committee, let me assure you, I will keep your concerns strongly in mind when considering this legislation.

Again, I thank you for sharing your views with me. I hope you will continue to give me the benefit of your opinion in the future. In addition, I encourage you to visit my web site at http://davidscott.house.gov, where you can view the latest news and obtain information on issues and legislation that is important to you. You can also sign up for my electronic newsletter, and receive periodic updates on my activities as your representative in Washington. Thank you again for contacting me, and I look forward to continuing to serve you.

Sincerely,
David Scott
Member of Congress

idiom
05-23-2009, 07:59 PM
Is that a yes.... or a no?

Austin
05-23-2009, 08:31 PM
Throughout my years in public service I have continued to support initiatives that seek to ensure greater accountability in government.

Sounds like a yes... we'll see if his lip service translates into action within the next few days.

Chieftain1776
05-24-2009, 03:56 AM
I'm pretty sure it's a form letter. I got the same wording from my Rep. and I stumbled across similar wording for some response to a liberal complaint on another issue.

It sounds like they are actually following it doesn't it?

They very well may be...but aren't ready to commit. And I'm sure they got a enough people writing in so that they felt a form letter was necessary. That's at least a good sign.

Hopefully the Left continues its activism. We've got most of the House Republican votes possible... the left side of the aisle is where there is the most room for growth.

Paulitical Correctness
05-24-2009, 07:25 AM
Childers basically said the same thing in his letter to me.

zzz.

werdd
05-24-2009, 07:48 AM
Looks like he just stated the facts of the bill, and said he will keep your opinion in mind. IMO lip service.