PDA

View Full Version : NYC "Terror" Plot Would not have gone anywhere without government assistance

Knightskye
05-22-2009, 09:38 PM
http://www.reason.com/blog/show/133665.html

A federal law enforcement official described the plot as "aspirational" -- meaning that the suspects wanted to do something but had no weapons or explosives -- and described the operation as a sting with a cooperator within the group.

If you subsidize something, you get more of it. ;)

Imperial
05-22-2009, 09:52 PM
Yeah, I noticed the scary governmental action in the plot in the New York Times article, and somehow this is seen as good?

t0rnado
05-22-2009, 10:04 PM
The feds just find some idiots and mislead them even further. It must fill their quota of 'terrorists' who were stopped because of the Patriot Act.

Anwar_S
05-22-2009, 11:16 PM
You think these guys are innocent? If I hand you a gun and you go shoot someone am I partly to blame, whatever happened to 'responsibility of the individual'. If this is the logic you want to follow then I guess you may as well throw gun merchants in the slammer.

Anti Federalist
05-22-2009, 11:29 PM
The foundation for another false flag event.

For whatever reason they decided to burn them instead.

t0rnado
05-23-2009, 07:57 AM
You think these guys are innocent? If I hand you a gun and you go shoot someone am I partly to blame, whatever happened to 'responsibility of the individual'. If this is the logic you want to follow then I guess you may as well throw gun merchants in the slammer.

No, I think they're worthless pieces of shit, but the FBI's intent was to give them the fake weapons, so that they could have a reason to charge them. If you hand a gun to a 5 year old and the kid shoots someone, you are held responsible. The lawyers of these 'terrorists' even stated that they were idiots.

UtahApocalypse
05-23-2009, 10:37 AM
Notice that the big arrest was made the night before Obama makes a terror speech. Coincidence or well planned timing?

Maverick
05-23-2009, 11:01 AM
Notice that the big arrest was made the night before Obama makes a terror speech. Coincidence or well planned timing?

Considering one of the agents cited said that "It was fully controlled at all times," I doubt that their timing was in any way accidental.

fr33domfightr
05-23-2009, 02:47 PM
This type of sting wouldn't happen without government involvement.

It would be like an undercover agent handing over the keys to a bank and encouring you to go in and take money. Later, they'd arrest you for attempted theft and burglary.

Difficulty in doing bad things, keeps honest people honest. Locks on doors, hard to acquire stinger missles, etc., etc.

FF

Sean
05-23-2009, 02:56 PM
Next they will give some Iranian a fake nuke and claim he wanted to blow up DC or something.

Knightskye
05-25-2009, 01:42 AM
Next they will give some Iranian a fake nuke and claim he wanted to blow up DC or something.

You don't think someone in the CIA would dress up like a sheik, do you? ;)