PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul was right! "Status of Forces Agreement" Apparently "Living Document"

Knightskye
05-22-2009, 11:58 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20090519/wl_csm/osecurity

"We consider the security agreement a living document," says a senior US commander. With six weeks to go, US and Iraqi commanders are sitting down in joint security committees to determine how they can comply with the decree that all US combat forces withdraw from populated areas by the end of June and still maintain the requirement to assist Iraq in fighting the insurgency and maintaining security and stability.

Also, we can apparently change the map of Iraq any time we want:

On a map of Baghdad, the US Army's Forward Operating Base Falcon is clearly within city limits.

Except that Iraqi and American military officials have decided it's not. As the June 30 deadline for US soldiers to be out of Iraqi cities approaches, there are no plans to relocate the roughly 3,000 American troops who help maintain security in south Baghdad along what were the fault lines in the sectarian war.

"We and the Iraqis decided it wasn't in the city," says a US military official.

malkusm
05-22-2009, 12:19 PM
I wish I had that power. I'd decide that the U.S. Capitol building was not in America, making the inhabitants foreign insurgents.

Knightskye
05-22-2009, 12:23 PM
I wish I had that power. I'd decide that the U.S. Capitol building was not in America, making the inhabitants foreign insurgents.

"What do you mean 'where's my green card'?" :D