PDA

View Full Version : Are we living in the "end times"?

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
05-21-2009, 10:25 PM
I recently began watching the Left Behind films again and reading the book series for a second time. It is really CREEPY how many phrases and scenarios are being heard by our ears and played out before our eyes as you read this. I am unapologetic in the fact that I am a born again Christian and personally, I believe we are entering the "end times" as described in the bible. Now I know we have a wide range of folks here with a variety of beliefs so I thought it would be interesting to find out what you all think regarding our modern times in connection with the "end times". So have at it!

Theocrat
05-21-2009, 10:38 PM
No, we are not living in the "end times." In the Bible, the end times were referring to the destruction of the Old Covenant with Israel as a circumcised nation. That came to pass after Jesus's resurrection, through vindication of the power of the Holy Spirit upon the Jews on Pentecost, and by the inclusion of the Gentiles under the New Covenant of Christ through the Gospel given by the apostles to them and confirmed by the Holy Ghost upon them. The destruction of Jerusalem in 70 A.D. was the evidence that Old Testament Israel had passed away, and the Church (the New Jerusalem coming down from Heaven in Revelation 21:2) now is in the bosom of Christ as His new Bride, the second Eve, if you will.

Working Poor
05-21-2009, 10:46 PM
I have no idea if this is the end times. I think many Christians are using this end of times thing to keep from standing up for righteousness. They are complacent and appear to still be very sleepy as a group.

Politically christians are rocked to sleep with all this gay marriage and abortion stuff thinking if they claim to be against these things that their job is done. They actually seem to think that supporting someone who says they are against these things is like voting against them. Look at the favor Bush did us...

I would like to remind that the Lord will return but nobody knows the hour. I say don't let thoughts of end times keep you from living for righteousness. The time for salvation is now. Don't be deceived least you end up in bondage.

Anti Federalist
05-21-2009, 10:51 PM
I recently began watching the Left Behind films again and reading the book series for a second time. It is really CREEPY how many phrases and scenarios are being heard by our ears and played out before our eyes as you read this. I am unapologetic in the fact that I am a born again Christian and personally, I believe we are entering the "end times" as described in the bible. Now I know we have a wide range of folks here with a variety of beliefs so I thought it would be interesting to find out what you all think regarding our modern times in connection with the "end times". So have at it!

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17 and that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

http://lifeoverdeath.org/rfidef1.gif

revolutionisnow
05-21-2009, 11:22 PM
16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17 and that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Mark is actually translated wrong. It should be money of the beast.

As far as end times, there are sick people that actually are ushering it in, much as the same way they are using the book 1984 as a manual. YouTube - Rapture Ready: The Christians United for Israel Tour (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjMRgT5o-Ig)

torchbearer
05-21-2009, 11:26 PM
the end of the age of Pisces.

asimplegirl
05-21-2009, 11:28 PM
i fit is time, I will be ready..but we do not know the time it will come..the bible tells us that much. So, if you believe in the word of God, then trust it. :)

sedele
05-21-2009, 11:45 PM
Did not read post. Only saw title.

YES

Get back to you guys later.

american.swan
05-22-2009, 12:13 AM
It saddens me how people don't understand the Bible. The Bible's real message is the "principles" that God wants us to use for guiding our lives. With those principles you can "read between the lines" very clearly and allow the Holy Spirit to explain the Bible.

Sadly people still seem to use logical fallacies to explain basic issues.

The end times started quite a while ago. I can't go into details here.

LATruth
05-22-2009, 02:24 AM

That chip is OLD SCHOOL...

The Japanese giant Hitachi has developed the world's smallest and thinnest Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) chip. Measuring only 0.15 x 0.15 millimeters in size and 7.5 micrometers thick, the wireless chip is a smaller version of the previous record holder - Hitachi's 0.4 x 0.4 mm "Micro-Chip". The company used semiconductor miniaturization and electron beam technology to write data on the chip substrates to achieve this decrease in size. The new chips have a wide range of potential applications from military to transportation, logistics and even consumer electronics.

http://64.202.120.86/upload/image/news/hitachi-makes-worlds-smallest-rfid-chips/hitachi-smallest-rfid2.jpg

http://thefutureofthings.com/upload/items_icons/Hitachi-smallest-RFID.jpg

http://thefutureofthings.com/news/1032/hitachi-develops-worlds-smallest-rfid-chip.html

And this of course, the no chip LIQUID RFID that can be embedded into a vaccine with no knowledge...

The CrossID patent is a chip-less liquid RFID made of a collection of chemical pigments that are mixed in a certain way. This mixture enables the tag to be associated with target in visible or invisible modes. Under proper physical conditions CrossID will start to function as a unique binary ID. This unique ID contains printable ink only, without the need for electronic parts, chips or any other electric circuits on it. CrossID as it results from those mixtures of pigments, can actually represent an endless diversity of unique printable IDs. Both a different behavior and a different structure of those stain pigments create a unique ID.

CrossID addresses the ability to provide printable (liquid) automatic identification technology similar in application to Bar Code technology, but using radio frequency and resonances signals instead of optical signals. First there was a revolution in computers, and then there was a revolution in networking. The next revolution will be in communication materials. The CrossID goal is to become the most common printable ID (Remote Readable ID) method worldwide that can be placed on money bills, papers, folios, wrappers and other objects. It will provide invisible and inexpensive tags (less then 0.1 cent) in any quantity, immune to radiation and high temperatures, and be part of ordinary products manufactured in the same way as is barcode. CrossID can be read from the distance without the conventional visibility or line of sight limitations.

http://crossid.innovya.com/files/images/crossid-diagram.png

http://crossid.innovya.com/

TRUST GOVERNMENT, ITS FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!

TurtleBurger
05-22-2009, 06:54 AM
The earth has been here for 4 billion years, humankind will almost certainly blow itself up before another 1000 years has passed. So technically we are in the "end times".

<---------------------------------------------------------------------------->
.................................................. ............................................^
.................................................. ............................................we are here

heavenlyboy34
05-22-2009, 07:44 AM
It's the end of American prominence. (for at least a generation or 2) China will be taking its place, and history won't care much.

Theocrat
05-22-2009, 07:52 AM

http://lifeoverdeath.org/rfidef1.gif

You can't use modern day phenomenon (like RFID chips) and impose that upon the Bible to describe what it is talking about. You have to start with the Bible, and let it interpret itself based upon its own language, prophesies, and audience to whom it was written. Be careful.

LATruth
05-22-2009, 07:55 AM
You can't use modern day phenomenon (like RFID chips) and impose that upon the Bible to describe what it is talking about. You have to start with the Bible, and let it interpret itself based upon its own language, prophesies, and audience to whom it was written. Be careful.

What if the chip controls money, and embedded in your hand? Will that count? (serious question)

TurtleBurger
05-22-2009, 07:59 AM

That's not always true. For example, the psalmist very graphically described Jesus' death by crucifixion despite the fact that crucifixion didn't exist in David's time. It's possible that in describing the events of their own time, a prophet can foresee greater events in the future.

wd4freedom
05-22-2009, 08:05 AM
It is certainly the end of this country as we have come to know it. Whatever our future holds it will not look anything like 20th Century America. Our reign of world dominance I believe is coming to a rapid and dramatic end.

Theocrat
05-22-2009, 08:05 AM
What if the chip controls money, and embedded in your hand? Will that count? (serious question)

No, because the interpretation of the passage used to support that idea is faulty. The passage in Revelation 13:16 is not talking about technology which controls currency in the hand. The symbology of the number has to do with a person, not an object. In essence, it is apocalyptic language to describe something which was going to come to pass in the days of the churches to whom John was writing.

Theocrat
05-22-2009, 08:09 AM
That's not always true. For example, the psalmist very graphically described Jesus' death by crucifixion despite the fact that crucifixion didn't exist in David's time. It's possible that in describing the events of their own time, a prophet can foresee greater events in the future.

You need to realize that Psalm 22 had a first reference to David himself. In a fuller revelation, yes, we know it applied to Christ and His crucifixion, as well. However, the only reason we know that is because we have further revelation in the Gospels which show us that to be the case. We do not have further divine revelation given to us today which can vindicate that RFID chips are the "Mark of the Beast" in Revelation 13:16. At best, all one can do is speculate.

LATruth
05-22-2009, 08:11 AM
Theo, what then would your assumption of the "mark of the beast" be? :confused: Your interpretation is going against the mainstream, as far as I know, and what I've been told for years.

Anti Federalist
05-22-2009, 09:46 AM
No, because the interpretation of the passage used to support that idea is faulty. The passage in Revelation 13:16 is not talking about technology which controls currency in the hand. The symbology of the number has to do with a person, not an object. In essence, it is apocalyptic language to describe something which was going to come to pass in the days of the churches to whom John was writing.

Theo, with all due respect, (since biblical arguments are not my strong point by any means) I think you are over analyzing this and missing the message.

John had a dream.

The dream was inspired by God, in which he was going to reveal the future to John.

John wrote it down as he recalled it.

In this dream he had a vision of a "mark", a mark which would be "in" people, and no one would be able to trade or travel or conduct any business of any kind without it. Left unstated is the obvious converse conclusion, that anybody without this mark would be an outlaw to be hunted down.

If that isn't a description of the implanted RFID and "cashless control grid" then I don't know what is.

I find much in the bible to be very clear and straightforward, much like the Bill of Rights. It means what it says and says what it means.

Over analyzing either one leads to FUD and the problems we face now.

I'm sticking to it.

Theocrat
05-22-2009, 09:57 AM
Theo, with all due respect, (since biblical arguments are not my strong point by any means) I think you are over analyzing this and missing the message.

John had a dream.

The dream was inspired by God, in which he was going to reveal the future to John.

John wrote it down as he recalled it.

In this dream he had a vision of a "mark", a mark which would be "in" people, and no one would be able to trade or travel or conduct any business of any kind without it. Left unstated is the obvious converse conclusion, that anybody without this mark would be an outlaw to be hunted down.

If that isn't a description of the implanted RFID and "cashless control grid" then I don't know what is.

I find much in the bible to be very clear and straightforward, much like the Bill of Rights. It means what it says and says what it means.

Over analyzing either one leads to FUD and the problems we face now.

I'm sticking to it.

I don't think I'm being over-analytical in explaining what I've said. The book of Revelation makes it pretty clear when the events it describes will take place. As a couple of examples, we read in Revelation 1:1, "The Revelation of Jesus Christ which God gave unto Him to show unto His servants things which must shortly come to pass; and He sent and signified it by His angel unto His servant John." [Emphasis mine] Two verses down, we read in that same chapter, "Blessed is he that readeth and they that hear the words of this prophecy and keep those things which are written therein, for the time is at hand (Revelation 1:3). [Emphasis mine] Then the text tells us what churches John is writing to in Revelation 1:4.

If we're going to use a Biblical text to understand what the "end times" are, we have to be faithful to the text and let it interpret for us what it is saying by keeping it in its proper context. That's my whole point. I could discuss how the end times connects to the prophecies in the book of Daniel as well as how they tie in with the "Olivet Discourse" in Matthew 24 to show that it wasn't going to be a future event 2,000 years later, but time would not suffice for that right now.

LittleLightShining
05-22-2009, 10:00 AM
Our time is not God's time.

LATruth
05-22-2009, 10:03 AM
Why can people pick and choose what parts to be taken as metaphor vs which to be taken literally at whim to suit the needs of the beholder. Like horoscopes.

Anti Federalist
05-22-2009, 10:05 AM
Our time is not God's time.

Exactly.

Deborah K
05-22-2009, 10:24 AM
Theo, what then would your assumption of the "mark of the beast" be? :confused: Your interpretation is going against the mainstream, as far as I know, and what I've been told for years.

Some bible scholars have concluded that John was referring to Nero. As to the question of whether we are living in the "end times"? I believe we are living a self-fullfilled prophecy. So many people want to believe it's true that they are unconsciously creating an atmosphere for it to happen.

Having said that, I have to add that I do believe we are witnesses to a pivotal moment in history. I also give weight to the various cultures and religions that have prophesied great changes in 2012.

We are living in interesting times.

Theocrat
05-22-2009, 10:38 AM
Why can people pick and choose what parts to be taken as metaphor vs which to be taken literally at whim to suit the needs of the beholder. Like horoscopes.

You don't have the Spirit of God to discern those things, first of all. You must change your worldview. Also, it's the context which determines the meaning of any passage in Scripture as part of Biblical hermeneutics.

The problem with many Christians in understanding Revelation is that they don't understand the symbols of the Old Testament. That is because many Christians today are taught not to take the Old Testament as serious as the New Testament. However, in Revelation, the symbols which are used have fascinating correlation to those used in the prophecies, psalms, and ceremonial laws of the Old Testament. One must have the right Biblical presuppositions to understand what the writer of Revelation is talking about, and those presuppositions are formed by reading the Old Testament first.

LATruth
05-22-2009, 10:40 AM
You don't have the Spirit of God to discern those things, first of all. You must change your worldview.

Just wow.

http://importantshock.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/tactical-face-palm.jpg

Kraig
05-22-2009, 10:44 AM
Just wow.

http://importantshock.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/tactical-face-palm.jpg

I was even raised to believe that kind of non-sense, it's so amazing, no amount of facepalms can do it justice.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
05-22-2009, 10:55 AM
Is it green eggs and ham time?

LATruth
05-22-2009, 10:57 AM
I was raised Catholic, went through 8 years of cadicism, all applicable sacraments performed, and at a very young age (circa 4th/5th grade) I found myself in disgust of the teachings and denounced them due to simple logic. 4th and 5th grade logic at that. And I can't possibly comprehend this concept? :mad:

Theocrat
05-22-2009, 11:16 AM
I was raised Catholic, went through 8 years of cadicism, all applicable sacraments performed, and at a very young age (circa 4th/5th grade) I found myself in disgust of the teachings and denounced them due to simple logic. 4th and 5th grade logic at that. And I can't possibly comprehend this concept? :mad:

With all due respect, no, you cannot comprehend what's happening in Revelation (nor can you justify logic, by the way). As long as you're without the Spirit of God, it will all be foolishness to you. That is exactly what God says in 1 Corinthians 1 about the unbeliever who does not have the Spirit of God living within himself.

And it's "catechism," not "cadicism." :)

TurtleBurger
05-22-2009, 11:34 AM

Protestantism in a nutshell. I couldn't have said it better myself.

V3n
05-22-2009, 11:59 AM
Every generation since the writing of Revelations can point to things that happened in their lifetime and their interpretation and believe they are in the end times.

That's either the problem or the beauty of the book.

Kraig
05-22-2009, 12:20 PM
With all due respect, no, you cannot comprehend what's happening in Revelation (nor can you justify logic, by the way). As long as you're without the Spirit of God, it will all be foolishness to you. That is exactly what God says in 1 Corinthians 1 about the unbeliever who does not have the Spirit of God living within himself.

And it's "catechism," not "cadicism." :)

Atheist: Why would I believe in that? It sounds like foolishness.

Preacher: Oh but once you believe you will then understand. It's impossible to understand if you don't first believe.

Atheist: Then how on earth will I know if I want to believe it or not?

*Sounds like a pretty weak scam artist trick to me*

Agent CSL
05-22-2009, 01:22 PM
Someone with a hell of a lot of money and a hell of a lot of power could stage world events to look exactly like the end times in revelations, then set himself up to trick the people into believing he was God.

Wait a minute.....

torchbearer
05-22-2009, 01:32 PM
Someone with a hell of a lot of money and a hell of a lot of power could stage world events to look exactly like the end times in revelations, then set himself up to trick the people into believing he was God.

Wait a minute.....

Yes we can!

Brian4Liberty
05-22-2009, 03:14 PM
Are we living in the "end times"?

No.

Danke
05-22-2009, 03:22 PM
Are we living in the "end times"?

No.

Better hope you're right, or I'm coming looking of ya...

oh wait...

silverhawks
05-22-2009, 03:25 PM
It is certainly the end of this country as we have come to know it. Whatever our future holds it will not look anything like 20th Century America. Our reign of world dominance I believe is coming to a rapid and dramatic end.

When you consider the forces that MADE it world dominant, is that really a bad thing?

Was America originally intended to DOMINATE the world? Not if I read the Founding Fathers right...they intended America to INSPIRE people.

If we are living in the end of an age, it is the end of the age of tyranny. The "New World Order" is the old world order, desperately clinging to power. Their infrastructure is crumbling because of their greed, and with it, their control and oppression of us. They can only become overtly totalitarian from this point on, and that will lead to their ultimate downfall.

MelissaWV
05-22-2009, 04:14 PM
There's one thing for certain about predicting things. If someone predicts the same thing, every day, for centuries on end, and that something is an inevitability like the end of time? Someone, someday will be right.

I wonder if there's an afterlife for them to spew "I told you so!" eternally?

sedele
05-22-2009, 04:21 PM
No, we are not living in the "end times." In the Bible, the end times were referring to the destruction of the Old Covenant with Israel as a circumcised nation. That came to pass after Jesus's resurrection, through vindication of the power of the Holy Spirit upon the Jews on Pentecost, and by the inclusion of the Gentiles under the New Covenant of Christ through the Gospel given by the apostles to them and confirmed by the Holy Ghost upon them. The destruction of Jerusalem in 70 A.D. was the evidence that Old Testament Israel had passed away, and the Church (the New Jerusalem coming down from Heaven in Revelation 21:2) now is in the bosom of Christ as His new Bride, the second Eve, if you will.

Are you a Preterist?

TurtleBurger
05-22-2009, 05:32 PM
Are you a Preterist?

Preterism is a variant of Christian eschatology which holds that some or all of the biblical prophecies concerning the Last Days or End Times refer to events which already happened in the first century after Christ's birth. Because of its claims that Israel was supplanted by the Christian church at the destruction of Jerusalem in A.D. 70, Preterism has sometimes been identified as replacement theology.

Sounds just like Theo!

DamianTV
05-22-2009, 05:34 PM
Maybe not the end of the world but pretty sure this is the end of America as we know it.

Working Poor
05-22-2009, 05:45 PM
Maybe not the end of the world but pretty sure this is the end of America as we know it.

Now that well could be.

sedele
05-22-2009, 06:50 PM
Sounds just like Theo!

Besides Pre-Tribulationism (I'm sorry if I have upset some of my brothers and sisters), Preterism is perhaps one of the most dangerous eschatological doctrines that one can hold IMHO.

Patch The Preterist Pirate

In the midst of the present political and religious turmoil as America inaugurates the events that will shortly lead us into the great tribulation, key "Christian" scholars, communicators, and writers are carefully positioning themselves via a new/old heresy known as preterism. This doctrinal system of prophetic interpretation, not to be confused with pretribulationism (the rapture cult), teaches that the great tribulation already happened in Jerusalem in the first century. They further state that Caesar Nero was the Antichrist, and Jesus Christ returned invisibly at the conclusion of the siege of Jerusalem in 66 - 70 AD.

One of the great dangers in this heresy is the fact that Christians usually don't take it seriously when they first hear of this doctrine because of its obvious false premise. This provides a huge vulnerability when the proponents of the doctrine roll out numerous biblical texts that can be effectively slanted to present their case. I have repeatedly stated that this system is destined to take a leading role once the tribulation has begun and the rapture cult has been thoroughly discredited. In other words, beware the preterist apostasy.

I call the leaders of this historical aberration by the name "Patch" - The Preterist Pirate because they remind me of a pirate with one eye covered. The preterists only see the first half of the prophetic panorama that leads up to the transition from the Old Covenant to the New Covenant. They fail to see the second half of the program and how everything counts down in a New Testament parallel to the Old Testament history.

The modern apostate Christian church mirrors the ancient haughty Pharisees when confronted with the truth. The modern state sanctioned "Christian" religion of Mystery Babylon is wedded to the state - precisely as the Israelite Sanhedren had come to an accommodation with the ancient Roman government. The 4 ancient kingdoms of Daniel two (Babylon, Persia, Greece, and Rome) parallel the Christian era's 4 kingdoms of Daniel seven (England, Russia, Germany, and the US/UN). In both timelines, the 4th kingdom is the final dominion.

Similar to the rapturists, the preterists stop everything at Rome as though God would be silent on the last third (2000 years) of human history in the prophetic books! The rapturists instead "revive" Rome at the end of the age, while the preterists spiritualize practically everything. In the preterist apostasy, the Antichrist is a Roman Caesar now long dead and buried - while in the rapturist fantasy, he's a modern Caesar catapulted to power in a "revived" Roman empire. They're both in the spirit of error - which is the opposite of the spirit of truth. John calls it "that spirit of Antichrist" in I John 4:3.

Furthermore, the preterists are theological pirates in that their converts are largely being drawn from the futurist camp - those that accurately believe the tribulation, the Antichrist, and the second coming are yet future.

Preterists tend to be scholarly, and more of them have a more intimate familiarity with scripture than the average rapture cultist. This gives them another major advantage as they propagate their false doctrine. In fact, the resurrection of preterism is at least partly a backlash to the unscriptural doctrine of the pre-tribulation rapture. Significant segments of the case for preterism are largely comprised of a critical exposition of the fallacies of pretribulationism.

While it should be obvious that disproving one view does not prove another, the fact that preterists can shred the pre-tribulation rapture doctrine using scripture frequently places them in a credible position in the eyes of those that have become uncomfortable with the outright criminality and intellectual dishonesty of many of the leaders that perpetuate the pretribulational position. Ironically, the various statements being made by the preterist pirates has positioned them to be in an 'I told you so' standing after the tribulation begins.

On the surface, it might seem that once the horrendous events of the tribulation are undeniably present, the preterists would be discredited just as much as the rapturists. Unfortunately, the preterists are widely cautioning that the impact of the rapturist mindset is moving the world towards a self-fulfilling prophecy. In other words, the preterists are saying 'we need to build the kingdom of God now' -politically through a dominionist approach that takes the point of view that the church must and will inevitably take charge of the world. At the same time, they are positing that the rapturists may bring down Armageddon with their 'Israel First' policies that have permeated the entire American political spectrum.

After the tribulation begins, the preterists will claim the evangelical rapturists brought about a self-fulfilling prophecy of devastation, so 'now we need to get busy and get serious about building the kingdom of God through our global influence as Christians.' And what better man to spearhead the effort than the courageous political leader that has stood up in the midst of the devastation and stated he is willing to lead us through the murky maze of a post-apocalyptic world? Because that political leader proclaims himself to be a Christian, the preterists are in the position of sustaining popular support for his efforts.

Furthermore, preterists are not antagonistic to the Papists as they view Catholicism as a like-minded post-millennial perspective. Because preterism is a subset of post-millennialism, they see the church as the instrument of God's millennial reign in a spiritual sense. Amillennialism (non-millennial thought) and post-millennialism both believe that God rules spiritually through the church without the prerequisite physical second coming of Christ. This is the system of Antichrist at its very core.

JESUS said you will know them by their fruits. The preterists are organized religionists that move easily between denominational structures. Mostly licensed 501(c)(3)'s, they believe in being integrated into the larger societal form of Western style government in order to influence the political constructs of our time. They believe their efforts will eventually bring about a godly world government with the church in a position of great influence. They further believe that this can occur without the physical return of Jesus Christ. Indeed, they believe that Christ is reigning in world government now through godly men that are attempting to bring about the kingdom of God through the influence of the organized church.

The truth is the Antichrist will rule instead of Christ. Many still fail to understand the Greek term "anti" which actually means in place of. A global political leader, supposedly ruling in a benevolent fashion, is in our immediate future. With the backing of the False Prophet, the Pope of Rome, the great "Christian" politician will rule by decree because of the global emergency that exists due to the overwhelming devastation brought about by World War III. To make matters worse, surviving remnant Christians that stubbornly cling to a physical second coming of Jesus Christ, will be largely blamed by the post Apocalypse populace as the cause of the world crisis that will then be threatening the very survival of the species. This is the hideous fruit of the false doctrines of the rapture cult and the preterist apostasy.

Thus, the "Christian" Beast of Revelation 13, backed by "Christian" denominational and millennial perspectives that are tied to the collective ecumenical world church, will revile and spiritually justify the persecution of the true remnant of Israel - the underground Christian church that has come out of the global whorehouse of organized religion. In short, a new inquisition is dead ahead.

Preterism is the crucial theological element in a larger subset of prophetic false doctrine. The truth is, the "church" that will rule during the tribulation is Mystery Babylon and she already has the blood of the saints on her filthy hands. Thus, we would all do well to understand the enormous importance of obeying the prophetic directive that was given to us in the Word of God. "Come out of her my people, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities." (Revelation 18:4,5)

asimplegirl
05-22-2009, 06:56 PM
This:

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Preterism is a variant of Christian eschatology which holds that some or all of the biblical prophecies concerning the Last Days or End Times refer to events which already happened in the first century after Christ's birth. Because of its claims that Israel was supplanted by the Christian church at the destruction of Jerusalem in A.D. 70, Preterism has sometimes been identified as replacement theology.

doesn't sound that crazy to me.

torchbearer
05-22-2009, 06:58 PM
If you must get technical, Jesus didn't fit the prophecy of the messiah as written by daniel. thus the Jews are correct in saying, Jesus isn't the one.
Neither is Obama.

TurtleBurger
05-22-2009, 07:18 PM
Furthermore, preterists are not antagonistic to the Papists as they view Catholicism as a like-minded post-millennial perspective. Because preterism is a subset of post-millennialism, they see the church as the instrument of God's millennial reign in a spiritual sense. Amillennialism (non-millennial thought) and post-millennialism both believe that God rules spiritually through the church without the prerequisite physical second coming of Christ. This is the system of Antichrist at its very core.

+666

Insufficient disgust for the dirty Papists is one of the most dangerous plagues in the world today.

wizardwatson
08-25-2011, 12:29 PM
If you must get technical, Jesus didn't fit the prophecy of the messiah as written by daniel. thus the Jews are correct in saying, Jesus isn't the one.
Neither is Obama.

I've read a few Jewish references that claim Jesus doesn't fit the messiah mold. The anointed one is supposed to be a human, not God incarnate. And Jesus certainly didn't bring peace in the sense that the Jewish believe.

Maybe the Jewish messiah and Christ (from Greek meaning "anointed one") are to be two different people. Here's an interesting article that posits just that:

http://www.inspiredbooks.com/Messiah-Melchizedek.htm