PDA

View Full Version : Texas Seceding: Take Ron Paul With You! (MSNBCRAP)

clb09
05-21-2009, 05:11 AM
YouTube - Hey Texas, Seceding?? Take Ron Paul With You ... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHJKihvw3IE&feature=related)

MsDoodahs
05-21-2009, 07:48 AM
It's coming, whether Olberman likes it or not.

:)

sailor
05-21-2009, 07:58 AM
They have no idea how counter-productive this sort of insults are.

roho76
05-21-2009, 08:01 AM
"You're gonna need welfare and Social Security and your own Ganene Garafolo"

What an ass. Isn't the Texas National Guard in the Middle East? Hey Keith, Go back to your other job. Pretending to be a sleaze bag landlord lookalike.

*EDIT* I just threw up in my mouth. This has got to be the worst piece of DeJournalism I have ever seen. The Dept. of Agriculture? Food safety? That must be the organization that prevented Solmanilla in the peanut butter. Dept. of Ed.? Detroit is closing something like 50 schools (I didn't even know they had 50 schools all together) and 900 jobs will be lost. Lansing public schools while not as bad, is closing a shit load too. Yet Detroit and Lansing can't seem to build charter/private schools fast enough. But that's right Keith, they can't afford private schools. They must be paying for it with sex or drugs.

All he did was rant about the loss of government programs and funding. If I'm not mistaken that's exactly what Perry was talking about. Way to listen there Keith.

MsDoodahs
05-21-2009, 08:20 AM
Texas does not need the US - but the US needs Texas.

Energy? Check, Texas has got it.

Refineries? Check, Texas has got it.

Water? Check, Texas has got it.

Agriculture? Check, Texas has got it.

Ports? Check, Texas has got it.

Welfare? WE DO NOT NEED THE FEDS IN ORDER TO PROVIDE FOR OUR OWN.

CIA? WE DO NOT NEED THE FED CIA - IT FUCKING MISSED THE FALL OF THE WALL, GOOD GRIEF - WHO NEEDS THAT IGNORANT BUNCH?

Football? The greatest passion in Texas is for HIGH SCHOOL football, and we damn sure don't need the Feds to keep that going.

PELL GRANTS? Give me a fucking break.

GARAFALO? We can sure 'nuf do without that silly twit.

lol....

acptulsa
05-21-2009, 08:33 AM
Now, MsD, you know you need us, at least. If it weren't for Oklahoma being just across the Red River, y'all wouldn't feel nearly as smug--and if we didn't come down to Texas Stadium once a year, y'all's heads would still get too big. Besides, if you didn't keep up the trade with us, it wouldn't be a year before English was no longer spoken there. Lake Man Shack? Lake Buck Hannon? Y'all talk all funny and shit as it is! ;)

Krugerrand
05-21-2009, 08:38 AM

CIA? WE DO NOT NEED THE FED CIA - IT FUCKING MISSED THE FALL OF THE WALL, GOOD GRIEF - WHO NEEDS THAT IGNORANT BUNCH?

Football? The greatest passion in Texas is for HIGH SCHOOL football, and we damn sure don't need the Feds to keep that going.

lol....

but what if a child gets left behind?

robertwerden
05-21-2009, 08:42 AM
The way Olberman paints it as being so good for blue states, you would think he would not say anything and just let it happen. There is something deeper that he is omitting, and that is how many states would follow Texas.
I think what he is scared of is not a single state leaving but all of them. When the USSR lost its currency all the countries simply went their own way. I think if this situation happened in America, we would not split, but we would regroup and write a better constitution that specifically banned the federal government from stepping over its constitutional power.

Liberty Star
05-21-2009, 08:46 AM

But Texas also has this bad omen from God , how will Texas survive? LOL

http://www.nerve.com/CS/blogs/scanner/hagflag.jpg

Elwar
05-21-2009, 08:47 AM
but we would regroup and write a better constitution that specifically banned the federal government from stepping over its constitutional power.

I have no confidence in the American people regrouping and writing a better constitution.

Dr.3D
05-21-2009, 08:48 AM
Wow, they would probably have to build a wall around Texas to keep everybody from moving there.

roho76
05-21-2009, 08:51 AM
but what if a child gets left behind?

YouTube - Home Alone Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK2Btk6Ybm0)

ChristopherJ
05-21-2009, 08:52 AM
All he did was rant about the loss of government programs and funding. If I'm not mistaken that's exactly what Perry was talking about. Way to listen there Keith.

Exactly.

This wasn't a very well thought out argument. Does he think Texas is going to keep sending all it's money to DC if they leave the union?

roho76
05-21-2009, 08:57 AM
Exactly.

This wasn't a very well thought out argument. Does he think Texas is going to keep sending all it's money to DC if they leave the union?

This is the kinda shit that will break your shovel.

ChaosControl
05-21-2009, 09:00 AM
Olb is one of the biggest douches in existence.

If Texas secedes, its going to run out of room from every conservative in the country moving there. :)

acptulsa
05-21-2009, 09:05 AM
Olb is one of the biggest douches in existence.

Seems to be what it takes to make more money than one human can spend, these days.

If Texas secedes, its going to run out of room from every conservative in the country moving there. :)

It just might, but I doubt it. First, it won't go alone. The Republic of Texas was much bigger than the State of Texas is, and I expect a fair portion of the old Republic to claim a grandfather clause or whatever and go with it. Second, there are a lot of miles and miles of Texas, to quote an ancient song. It takes most of a day's driving just to get to the middle of it.

ChristopherJ
05-21-2009, 09:07 AM
This is the kinda shit that will break your shovel.

I'm not sure I know what this means :p:o:)

Anti Federalist
05-21-2009, 09:12 AM
It takes most of a day's driving just to get to the middle of it.

The sun has rose and now set, and I still ain't out of Texas yet.;)

Seriously, you won't see Texas go anywhere just yet, they are, for all the rhetoric, as fully ingrained into the "matrix" as NY or Kalifornia.

Secession, if it happens, will start with a lowly populated state or group of states.

Montana, Alaska, Idaho and Vermont (yes, Vermont) would be the most likely based on what I've been watching and reading.

silverhawks
05-21-2009, 09:21 AM
Olbermann sounds like a drunken, abusive husband taunting a battered wife in this clip.

"Ha! You can't walk out on me! You're nothing without me, you hear? NOTHING!!!"

This pretentious windbag is begging to have the screen door slammed in his face.

Does he seriously think other people in other states aren't paying attention to things like open threats of federal troop incursions and hangings on a state that "dares" mention secession? Some very "progressive" beliefs you have there, Herr Olbermann.

acptulsa
05-21-2009, 09:21 AM
Secession, if it happens, will start with a lowly populated state or group of states.

Yeah, I can almost see Oklahoma seceeding on Texas' preserved 'right' to do it, and Texas saying wait, me too!

reduen
05-21-2009, 09:23 AM
Olberman is to Obama what Hannity is to Bush.....:rolleyes:

Anti Federalist
05-21-2009, 09:28 AM
Yeah, I can almost see Oklahoma seceeding on Texas' preserved 'right' to do it, and Texas saying wait, me too!

No doubt, they will "bandwagon" before taking the lead.

And maybe that's a good thing.

For if Texas were to lead the way, it would trigger a violent and immediate federal response as that would strike a fatal blow to the system right off the bat.

Th response would be less so to try and bring back in a wayward Montana, or New Hampshire or Alaska or even Oklahoma.

Sandra
05-21-2009, 09:42 AM
I seriously think Perry is pulling a "Beck".

newbitech
05-21-2009, 09:52 AM
wouldn't texas just charge tariffs to the United States -1 for all the trade goods that would travel through its ports and the Nafta corridors? Oh and who would refine all that oil LA? HAHA. Olberman is a tool!@

pinkmandy
05-21-2009, 10:16 AM
They have no idea how counter-productive this sort of insults are.

Yes they do. It's exactly what they want.

A nation divided cannot stand...

LATruth
05-21-2009, 11:38 AM
Olbermann should be off the air after this, calling secession "treason" and undermining every state's right with fear.

Oh NOS, YOUR RATINGS WONT COUNT EITHER!!!!!!!!

Why do people listen to this trash?

silverhawks
05-21-2009, 12:02 PM

I agree with you Mandy. This is divide and conquer. We're seeing that in the UK with New Labour's "devolution of power" to local authorities, breeding nationalism and calls for the breakup of the United Kingdom in order for the pieces to be more easily absorbed into the EU.

BenIsForRon
05-21-2009, 12:17 PM
Of course, we all know that Perry is just another neocon, and he isn't really considering secession. This is what really makes Olbermann look like a jackass.

Icymudpuppy
05-21-2009, 12:17 PM
With Texas, so with Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Eastern Washington and Eastern Oregon, Nevada, Alaska, and a few others.

Brown Sapper
05-21-2009, 12:21 PM
Of course, we all know that Perry is just another neocon, and he isn't really considering secession. This is what really makes Olbermann look like a jackass.

Bingo!!! Effing douche knows how giddy every Texan gets when talking about secession. He is just using this to gather votes for his election next year. This whole thing is utter BS and I for one am not going to get emotionally invested in this if they are not serious. You reign of terror is almost over Rick.

NYgs23
05-21-2009, 12:23 PM
The "WTF Moment"? Between that and the "teabaggers" you'd almost think MSNBC wasn't a professional news organization anymore.

jkr
05-21-2009, 12:25 PM
Olberman is to Obama what Hannity is to Bush.....:rolleyes:

profound!

sailor
05-21-2009, 12:27 PM

Are you saying they want to provoke a secession?

acptulsa
05-21-2009, 12:28 PM
Are you saying they want to provoke a secession?

No, that they want to provoke a distraction. Much like a pickpocket does just before your wallet disappears forever. KO seems secure in the knowledge that Rick Perry doesn't mean it. He fails to realize that many Texans do--and that they'd take most of the states west of the Mississippi with them. They seem to have grown fond of playing dangerous games...

Athan
05-21-2009, 12:28 PM
Who the fuck is that second commentator that doesn't know shit and is talking about Ron like he knows his ass from his head?

sailor
05-21-2009, 12:29 PM
No, that they want to provoke a distraction. Much like a pickpocket does just before your wallet disappears forever.

Well they are playing with fire.

1000-points-of-fright
05-21-2009, 12:32 PM
The best way to shut down idiots like Olbermann is to ask them to show you exactly where in the constitution it says secession is unconstitutional and treasonous.

Some, like Bill Maher, will say that the civil war settled the case against secession. But that wasn't a legal decision, it was brute force. If they still point to the civil war, they are obviously fascists who believe that might makes right.

RevolutionSD
05-21-2009, 02:16 PM
He's assuming that if Texas secedes, they would WANT or NEED an FCC, FBI, Social Security, FDA, etc. Olbermann is nothing more than a jack boot thug, promoting statism and trying to squash individualism.

RevolutionSD
05-21-2009, 02:18 PM
Oh yeah and even more idiotic about Olbermann's rant, the stuff about losing pro sports franchises! Like that matters at ALL! WTF is wrong with Olbermann? I'm sure he would have been a huge cheerleader for Lincoln's war of northern aggression.

Bomb them rebellious Texans!

Kotin
05-21-2009, 02:33 PM

lol....

check...and check. :D;)

Dr.3D
05-21-2009, 02:42 PM
The "WTF Moment"? Between that and the "teabaggers" you'd almost think MSNBC wasn't a professional news organization anymore.

I never considered them professional in the first place. As for being a news organization, sigh... they show the news the way they want it to be.

muh_roads
05-21-2009, 03:27 PM
edit: nvm