PDA

View Full Version : Total stealing of all water by congress

Sarge
05-21-2009, 04:55 AM
I hope KD doesn't mind me copying so all can see what is being attempted,

http://www.tickerforum.org/cgi-ticker/akcs-www?post=94834

Trying to claim all water rights in the US. Talk about a grab of all time.

Need to shut this one down big time. States will loose fishing license revenue they use to stock lakes and streams. This is just one bad thing.

The Government can't run anything right, and for them to now try and takeover all the water as theirs is the biggest steal of the century.

silverhawks
05-21-2009, 05:40 AM
They've gone completely insane, haven't they?

Sarge
05-21-2009, 06:08 AM
Yes,

They are going for broke before it hits the fan. Carbon tax credits. Owning all the water. Then they pick and choose if you get a glass of water or not. Some how I trust our local water district more.

Meatwasp
05-21-2009, 06:16 AM
I hope KD doesn't mind me copying so all can see what is being attempted,

http://www.tickerforum.org/cgi-ticker/akcs-www?post=94834

Trying to claim all water rights in the US. Talk about a grab of all time.

Need to shut this one down big time. States will loose fishing license revenue they use to stock lakes and streams. This is just one bad thing.

The Government can't run anything right, and for them to now try and takeover all the water as theirs is the biggest steal of the century.

This is the worst thing to read this morning. Under Carter and Clinton they had the organic act just as bad. Those idiot democrats.
If you have a puddle in your land it will be called wet lands and you cannot touch it. It will make private property almost worthless. Of cource that is what they want. Oh my poor head.

Pete
05-21-2009, 07:23 AM
In OH, there was an amendment to the state constitution voted on in November, to allow property owners 'reasonable use' of water. Of course, there were previously no restrictions.

Fucking dummy general public approved it, naturally, along with all the other poison pill amendments.

HOLLYWOOD
05-21-2009, 08:04 AM
The Usual Suspects...

Mr. FEINGOLD, Mrs. BOXER, Mr. CARDIN, Mr. BROWN, Ms. CANTWELL, Mr. CARPER, Mr. DODD, Mr. DURBIN, Mrs. GILLIBRAND, Mr. KERRY, Mr. KOHL, Mr. LAUTENBERG, Mr. LEAHY, Mr. LEVIN, Mr. LIEBERMAN, Mr. MENENDEZ, Mr. MERKLEY, Mr. REED, Mr. SANDERS, Mr. SCHUMER, Mrs. SHAHEEN, Ms. STABENOW, Mr. WHITEHOUSE, and Mr. WYDEN

They (NARCISSISTIC TYRANTS) love stealing and controlling, eh?

Anti Federalist
05-21-2009, 08:59 AM
I'll defend my well as vehemently as I will my firearms.

Molon labe.

diggronpaul
05-21-2009, 09:12 AM
They've gone completely insane, haven't they?
Just grabbing as much power as they can before the public turns on them. Their little games are no match.

Time for Gulliver to stand up and break all those little threads of string laying across his body, as if they weren't even there.

Kylie
05-21-2009, 01:20 PM
Does this mean they will have the ability to keep people from drilling wells?

How about pleasure boating? Sounds as if they made be able to yank the rights from any individual/corporation.

This stinks.

Kotin
05-21-2009, 01:55 PM
I'll defend my well as vehemently as I will my firearms.

Molon labe.

this.

my city has already failed at taking our well.. and I dont intend to lose it..

they must just want to make sure everyone has a proper dose of flouride.. :rolleyes:

all I have to say to them is..

COME AND TAKE IT!!!!!!!!!!

Sarge
05-21-2009, 02:03 PM
Folks this is as bad as confiscation of gold.

The fat cats own it all, and you are their slave if this passes. Spread the word and burn the fax lines.

Spread the word on what they are trying to pull off.

bunklocoempire
05-21-2009, 05:31 PM
Congress finds that--

(1) water is a unique and precious resource used not only to sustain human, animal, and plant life, but is also economically important for agriculture, transportation, flood control, energy production, recreation, fishing and shellfishing, and municipal and commercial uses;

It's got to do with controlling life, no wonder it's being grabbed.

(from the land of Hawaii, we know about controlling water -sugar cane plantations etc.)

Bunkloco

heavenlyboy34
05-21-2009, 05:34 PM
ZOMG! These are perilous times we live in, my friends. Liberty herself is dying as we speak! SAVE HER! SAVE HER! I BEG OF YOU! DESTROY THE EVIL STATE!

phill4paul
05-21-2009, 05:37 PM
Folks this is as bad as confiscation of gold.

The fat cats own it all, and you are their slave if this passes. Spread the word and burn the fax lines.

Spread the word on what they are trying to pull off.

Amen and howdy! This is worse than gold confiscation. This is life controlling! I'm on a well. However, the worm works in many ways. Once they control all public water then the next step is governing (water flow/rate/amount ) private wells.

The government has never acted so rapaciously as in the last 10yrs and increasingly so each day.. Something is a brewin'!

mczerone
05-21-2009, 07:21 PM
The Usual Suspects...

Mr. FEINGOLD, Mrs. BOXER, Mr. CARDIN, Mr. BROWN, Ms. CANTWELL, Mr. CARPER, Mr. DODD, Mr. DURBIN, Mrs. GILLIBRAND, Mr. KERRY, Mr. KOHL, Mr. LAUTENBERG, Mr. LEAHY, Mr. LEVIN, Mr. LIEBERMAN, Mr. MENENDEZ, Mr. MERKLEY, Mr. REED, Mr. SANDERS, Mr. SCHUMER, Mrs. SHAHEEN, Ms. STABENOW, Mr. WHITEHOUSE, and Mr. WYDEN

They (NARCISSISTIC TYRANTS) love stealing and controlling, eh?

Those two, at least, should be flogged.

How can a representative from MICHIGAN could support usurping the power over the Great Lakes from localities, and trans-national agreements between States?

I appreciate the need for water in remote locales such as Atlanta and Phoenix, but PRICES on the private must be the mechanism to ensure enough that real, rational development is supported and unsustainable efforts are abandoned.

Grapes of Wrath: Coming Summer 2009.

The first drought (some areas probably already qualify) will produce a misallocation of resources, done inefficiently, and we'll all be paying more for less water.

Reason
05-21-2009, 07:50 PM
Does this mean they will have the ability to keep people from drilling wells?

Do you guys even read the text of a bill before commenting on it?

(9) ‘ground waters’ are treated separately from ‘waters of the United States’ for purposes of the Federal Water Pollution Control Act and are not considered ‘waters of the United States’ under this Act;

amy31416
05-21-2009, 07:52 PM
Rain barrels. I just made two for less than $15, each barrel is 55 gallons (I did get the food-grade barrels for free.)

It's certainly not the entire answer, but it'll help--if only to lower your water bills.

tggroo7
05-21-2009, 09:03 PM
"Natural ponds." I think they put NATURAL in there for a reason...to EXCLUDE man-made ponds. Yes this bill is a power grab, but some of you are thinking it is even worse than it actually is. Plus the groundwater is not included either.

Kylie
05-21-2009, 09:15 PM
Do you guys even read the text of a bill before commenting on it?

(9) ‘ground waters’ are treated separately from ‘waters of the United States’ for purposes of the Federal Water Pollution Control Act and are not considered ‘waters of the United States’ under this Act;

Yes I did read it. But was a little confused on the description since it didn't specify. That's why I asked specifically. Sorry for being ignorant and wanting to clarify.

heavenlyboy34
05-21-2009, 09:23 PM
I wish I'd seen this 15 minutes ago...I posted about it...excuse my redundance please, everyone! :) What a crazy day it's been!

RSLudlum
05-21-2009, 09:35 PM
"Natural ponds." I think they put NATURAL in there for a reason...to EXCLUDE man-made ponds. Yes this bill is a power grab, but some of you are thinking it is even worse than it actually is. Plus the groundwater is not included either.

So what is the federal gov't definition of "natural ponds" as it pertains to this bill?

I found 'natural ponds' defined in reference to the Clean Water Act:

http://ksag.washburnlaw.edu/opinions/2000/2000-053.htm#txt13

Within this definition, our attention is drawn to the phrase "natural pond." That phrase appears to mean exactly what it says as indicated in a fairly recent 7th Circuit Court case(10) that addressed whether the CWA's coverage extended to an artificially constructed retention pond.(11) The Circuit Court first acknowledged the United States Supreme Court's construction of the CWA as a broad statute, reaching waters and wetlands that are not navigable or even directly connected to navigable waters. However, the Court went on to say:

"But not even the EPA shares Justice Story's view that the national government has regulatory power over every drop of water. 'It was said of the late Justice Story, that if a bucket of water were brought into his court with a corn cob floating in it, he would at once extend the admiralty jurisdiction of the United States over it.' . . . Hoffman Homes, Inc. v. Administrator, EPA, 999 F.2d 256, 260-61 (7th Cir. 1993), concluded that the EPA did not exceed its power when promulgating this definition [of "waters of the United States"] but that even a rule with such broad scope did not cover a one-acre wetland 750 feet from a small creek. A six-acre retention pond, farther from a body of surface water, is an easier case. The EPA's definition speaks of 'natural ponds'; Dayton Hudson built an artificial pond."(12)
Subsequently, a federal district court, citing the 7th Circuit Court's decision, noted:

"[P]laintiffs also suggest that the tailings ponds themselves constitute 'navigable waters.' This is wrong. The EPA definition of navigable waters includes only 'natural' ponds, as opposed to manmade collection systems."(13)
An extensive search for other cases addressing the CWA's applicability to artificially constructed ponds has proved fruitless. It appears that ponds in general have rarely been the subject of CWA litigation and that farm ponds in particular never have been.(14) However, the notion that the CWA does not cover non-natural ponds is bolstered by a Corps of Engineers regulation.

Within the context of the CWA, the Corps of Engineers also developed a series of regulations in relation to permits for discharges of dredged or fill material into waters of the United States.(15) In the definition section, the term "waters of the United States" is tied to the primary EPA and Corps of Engineers definition (including the portion quoted above); however, the term "lake" is given a further specific meaning:

"The term lake means a standing body of open water that occurs in a natural depression fed by one or more streams from which a stream may flow, that occurs due to the widening or natural blockage or cutoff of a river or stream, or that occurs in an isolated natural depression that is not a part of a surface river or stream. The term also includes a standing body of open water created by artificially blocking or restricting the flow of a river, stream , or tidal area. As used in this regulation, the term does not include artificial lakes or ponds created by excavating and/or diking dry land to collect and retain water for such purposes as stock watering, irrigation, settling basins, cooling, or rice growing."(16)

We understand that the EPA considers a Corps of Engineers regulation persuasive. Further, we note that the Corps' regulation is consistent with the EPA's inclusion only of "natural ponds," as well as with the two federal cases that addressed "ponds." In relation to this issue, we conclude that the EPA's definition of "waters of the United States" includes only "natural ponds" and does not include non-natural ponds.