PDA

View Full Version : Getting Rid of Pelosi

Njon
05-20-2009, 10:30 AM
I think it's safe to say that most of us here believe that water boarding is torture and should never have happened. And it appears that Speaker Pelosi knew it was happening, or at least knew more than she was letting on, and then tried to blame the CIA. (I don't like the CIA, either, but that's not the point)

Pelosi is a globalist sell-out and this highly-public, controversial example of her deceit is an ideal opportunity to get rid of her as Speaker. Here's a recent video by Dick Morris (I don't particularly like him, either) on the issue:

YouTube - Bye Bye Pelosi (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_njABSSZ1I)

It has over 85,000 views since it was posted yesterday.

Head to http://www.vote.com/vote/60594857/index.phtml?cat=4075633 (Vote.com is one of Morris' sites) and vote 'yes' in the poll on Pelosi's resignation, then you can have them e-mail your vote to Pelosi on your behalf.

Let's try to pressure her out.

Original_Intent
05-20-2009, 10:55 AM
Joseph Farah editor of WorldNetDaily had a good editorial yesterday arguing for Pelosi NOT to resign - i.e. use her as a poster child of the Democrats in 2010. If you go for the GOP vs Dem paradigm, it actually made a lot of sense.

Njon
05-20-2009, 11:08 AM
Joseph Farah editor of WorldNetDaily had a good editorial yesterday arguing for Pelosi NOT to resign - i.e. use her as a poster child of the Democrats in 2010. If you go for the GOP vs Dem paradigm, it actually made a lot of sense.

Here's the link: http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php/index.php?pageId=98550

The problem is that people may brush it away by 2010; you know how the electorate is. At least now we can strike while the iron is hot.

Njon
05-20-2009, 03:22 PM
Self-bump #1

Reason
05-20-2009, 03:23 PM
pelosi isn't going anywhere lol

Njon
05-20-2009, 04:06 PM
pelosi isn't going anywhere lol

She will if there's enough pressure, otherwise the Dems face the threat of her dragging them down in the 2010 elections.

Reason
05-20-2009, 04:15 PM
She will if there's enough pressure, otherwise the Dems face the threat of her dragging them down in the 2010 elections.

not saying I like her but I am saying she won't be going anywhere,

she has too much political capital and too many D supporters with one of those being the now president of the united states.

conservatives have always hated pelosi and that will never change. this new push won't change anything imo

misterx
05-20-2009, 04:25 PM
she doesn't care if she drags the whole party down with her. she's anegomaniac, and she fully intends to become president. she won't resign for anything.

tangent4ronpaul
05-21-2009, 08:49 AM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/mood_of_america/congressional_favorablility_ratings/congressional_favorability_ratings

Congressional Favorability Ratings
60% View Pelosi Unfavorably

Friday, March 27, 2009

Sixty percent (60%) of U.S. voters now have an unfavorable opinion of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, including 42% Very Unfavorable, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey. A growing number of her doubters seem to be fellow Democrats.

While these are Pelosi’s highest negatives yet in the current session of Congress, Republican congressional leaders haven’t been the beneficiaries. Their numbers remain virtually unchanged.

Thirty-four percent (34%) have a favorable view of Pelosi, with nine percent (9%) Very Favorable. Just seven percent (7%) have no opinion of the speaker.

Two weeks ago, 36% viewed the San Francisco congresswoman favorably (15% Very Favorable) while 53% had an unfavorable opinion of her, including 37% Very Unfavorable. Eleven percent (11%) were undecided.

(Want a free daily e-mail update? If it's in the news, it's in our polls.) Rasmussen Reports updates also available on Twitter.

Fifty-seven percent (57%) of Democrats now view Pelosi favorably, including 16% who have a Very Favorable view. But in the previous survey, 65% of Democrats liked Pelosi, with 27% Very Favorable.

The same goes for Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid. Forty-three percent (43%) of Democrats see him in a favorable light, including 11% Very Favorable. In the previous survey, Reid had 51% favorables, with 11% Very Favorable.

Among all voters, 29% have a favorable opinion of Reid, with six percent (6%) Very Favorable, and 45% view him unfavorably, with 28% Very Unfavorable. Twenty-seven percent (27%) don’t know enough about Reid to have an opinion of him. These numbers show little change from two weeks ago.

Congress is feeling voter anger over executive bonuses paid by American International Group (AIG) after it received a massive taxpayer bailout. The debate over the proposed federal budget also is raising questions both in Congress and around the country—66% now say it’s likely the President will have to raise taxes on those who earn less than $250,000 a year.

Some top congressional Democrats are among those most openly challenging the president’s budget which may be hurting their leadership with the party faithful. Obama continues to generate good approval numbers for his job performance, especially among members of his own party.

For Republican leaders, the news is about the same. Twenty-eight percent (28%) have a favorable view of House Minority Leader John Boehner, with five percent (5%) Very Favorable. Thirty-four percent (34%) have an unfavorable view of the Ohio congressman, including 14% Very Unfavorable.

Thirty-eight percent (38%) don’t have an opinion of Boehner.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell has 29% favorables, with five percent (5%) Very Favorable, and 31% unfavorables, including 13% Very Unfavorable. Forty percent (40%) are not sure what they think of the Kentucky senator.

After slipping to a new low last week, Democratic congressional candidates moved ahead of the GOP again on the latest edition of the Generic Congressional Ballot.

The numbers for Vice President Joseph Biden remain relatively stable, too. Fifty-three percent (53%) have a favorable view of the former Delaware senator, with 22% Very favorable, while 41% regard him unfavorably (22% Very Unfavorable).

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/var/plain/storage/images/media/images/obama_index_0521/221104-1-eng-US/obama_index_0521.jpg

Liberty Star
05-21-2009, 11:38 AM
I think it's safe to say that most of us here believe that water boarding is torture and should never have happened. And it appears that Speaker Pelosi knew it was happening, or at least knew more than she was letting on, and then tried to blame the CIA. (I don't like the CIA, either, but that's not the point)

Pelosi is a globalist sell-out and this highly-public, controversial example of her deceit is an ideal opportunity to get rid of her as Speaker. Here's a recent video by Dick Morris (I don't particularly like him, either) on the issue:

YouTube - Bye Bye Pelosi (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_njABSSZ1I)

It has over 85,000 views since it was posted yesterday.

Head to http://www.vote.com/vote/60594857/index.phtml?cat=4075633 (Vote.com is one of Morris' sites) and vote 'yes' in the poll on Pelosi's resignation, then you can have them e-mail your vote to Pelosi on your behalf.

Let's try to pressure her out.

I dont care much for Pelosi, but it should gives us a serious pause when a neocon tool like this idiot Dick Morris starts the movement to push her out:

Dick Morris: ‘We Went Into Iraq At The Invitation Of The Government, Not As An Invasion’

On Fox News’ Hannity & Colmes tonight, conservative pundit Dick Morris tried to attack Barack Obama for being inexperienced on foreign policy, but in doing so, only managed to demonstrate his own idiocy. Morris argued that Joseph Biden would be a good vice presidential selection for Obama because Obama “does not know anything” about foreign policy.

To back up this claim, Morris asserted that Obama made a major mistake this week when he referenced the U.S.’s invasion of Iraq in the context of discussing Russia’s incursion into Georgia. Obama said, “We’ve got to send a clear message to Russia and unify our allies. They can’t charge into other countries. Of course it helps if we are leading by example on that point.” Asked by Alan Colmes what is wrong with Obama’s statement, Morris explained:

Where he’s wrong is that we went into Iraq at the invitation of the government, not as an invasion.

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/08/22/dick-morris-iraq-stumped/

Dick Morris has many symptoms of a stealth war mongering Israeli agent and is a fan of a radical Israeli leader Natanyahoo. Israel lobby could be trying to take Pelosi out to install another friendlier Dem speaker who is more supportive of US starting war with Iran on behalf of Israel. Morris having worked for Clinton turned on him in final days just as Monica scandal was brought on by morality police team leader Lindsay Graham as he strated exerting pressure on Israel on settlements expansions.

Jewish World Review July 29, 2008 / 26 Tamuz 5768

How Israel's race could shift ours

By Dick Morris & Eileen Mc Gann

http://jewishworldreview.com/cols2/morris.head.jpg

The most important primary for our 2008 election may be yet to come ‘ the Kadima Party primary in Israel in mid or late September. It pits liberal-leaning Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni against hardliner and former Army Chief of Staff Shaul Mofaz. (Prime Minister Ehud Olmert is expected to sit out the contest and concentrate on staying out of jail.)

The polls are neck and neck; in the most recent, Livni's once-formidable lead has shrunk to 2 points. Hanging over the battle is the Iranian nuclear program.

Livni is thought unlikely to attack Iran precipitously; she largely sees eye-to-eye with advocates of diplomatic solutions to the various problems her country faces. But Mofaz has openly said he'd resort to bombing Iran if it were necessary to stop the mullahs from getting the bomb.

So if Mofaz wins, military action becomes much more likely. But when?

By most accounts, the Israeli Defense Force would need considerable American cooperation to pull off such a strike. No top-level Israeli politician has much confidence that Barack Obama would be forthcoming. But most are confident that President Bush or John McCain would give Israel the help that it needs.

So if Obama wins here, a Mofaz government would feel great pressure to attack before Bush leaves office. If McCain wins, Israel would have more time.

But Mofaz might not want to wait for our election. Why risk antagonizing a President-elect Obama by taking military action that he might vigorously oppose? If Obama, having won, were to counsel patience, what Israeli prime minister could ignore him?

Before the US election, on the other hand, Obama might be reluctant to take a position ‘ and the Israelis need feel no compulsion to conform to any advice from a man who isn't yet be president-elect.

Surely, an Israeli attack on Iran would bring a sharp and instant response from Iran and from its satellites, Syria, Hamas and Hezbollah, as well as its pawns in Iraq. It would presage war in Gaza, Lebanon and the West Bank along with an air war of Israeli missiles and bombers against Iranian missiles.

Dick Morris himself is a big advocate of waterboarding torture, it's rediciluosly hypocritical of him to be attacking Pelosi for knowing about it:

Opinion Columns > Dick Morris

Does Obama really want to prosecute the anti-terror investigators who saved thousands by waterboarding Mohammed and learning this information?

Yes, he damn well does!

http://www.creators.com/opinion/dick-morris/obama-s-anti-american-foreign-policy.html.

Don't know if Libertarians should consider starting even supporting Pelosi if she is being attacked by neocons for her opposition to Iran war but certainly we can't be part of any neocon plot against a speaker who may be leesser evil than her potential replacement.