PDA

View Full Version : Pcp is bad

Reason
05-19-2009, 09:25 PM
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. - A 4-year-old California boy may be permanently blinded after police say his father bit out one of his eyes and mutilated the other. Bakersfield police say 34-year-old Angel Vidal Mendoza appeared to be under the influence of PCP when he attacked the boy April 28. Police say Mendoza then rolled his wheelchair outside and began hacking at his own legs with an ax.

YouTube - Father Bites Out His Child's Eyes Permanently Blinding Him (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiMLkYCoFxA)

kathy88
05-19-2009, 09:26 PM
What can you even say about this? So sad.

torchbearer
05-19-2009, 09:30 PM
That isn't my experience with angel dust.
Try this, smoke a stick and go stand in the shower. Let me know how it was... ;)

Give me liberty
05-19-2009, 09:32 PM
Whats PCP?

torchbearer
05-19-2009, 09:33 PM
Whats PCP?

PCP (phencyclidine) is classified as a hallucinogen and has many of the same effects as LSD, but can be much more dangerous. In the 1950's, PCP was investigated as an anesthetic, but due to its severe side effects, its development for human use was discontinued. PCP is known for inducing violent behavior and for inducing negative physical reactions such as seizures, coma, death. There is no way to predict who will have a bad reaction to the drug. Maybe this is because PCP has so many faces--it acts as a hallucinogen, stimulant, depressant, and anesthetic---all at the same time.

In its original state, PCP is a white crystalline powder. PCP is available in tablet, liquid, and powder forms and is either ingested orally or smoked by applying the liquid form to tobacco or marijuana cigarettes or by lacing these and other cigarettes, sometimes containing herbs such as mint or parsley, with PCP powder.

You can also soak cigs in a PCP solution and sell them as sticks for $20 a pop.

Give me liberty
05-19-2009, 09:35 PM
Dam Poor Kid :(
Why didnt they gave the kid to his mother?
hosnetly this fucked up.

torchbearer
05-19-2009, 09:36 PM
Dam Poor Kid :(
Why didnt they gave the kid to his mother?
hosnetly this fucked up.

Better question, why in the fuck would you do a mind altering drug with a child around.
That is fucking stupid and dangerous.
The kid could be drowning in the bath tub and your wouldn't know it.

BuddyRey
05-19-2009, 09:46 PM
How could any parent (or any human being in general) do such a despicable thing?! :(

RSLudlum
05-19-2009, 09:46 PM
Seems he was probably under the influence of much more than PCP. He was in a wheel chair for a spinal injury and more than likely on medication. I find it funny that PCP was mentioned but didn't speak of any possible prescribed meds.

Downright horrifying story. :(

asimplegirl
05-19-2009, 09:47 PM
Said mom and dad both pleaded no contest to child cruelty in 2000.

I don't know what to say. I know I would NEVER admit to anything like that if it didn't happen, but I don't know the circumstances... I just really feel sad for that kid. And, no matter how much of a monster the dad sounds like, if he was just like that because he was high, you know he must feel like crap about now.

brandon
05-19-2009, 09:50 PM
//

kathy88
05-19-2009, 10:01 PM
Seems he was probably under the influence of much more than PCP. He was in a wheel chair for a spinal injury and more than likely on medication. I find it funny that PCP was mentioned but didn't speak of any possible prescribed meds.

I didn't read it. You are right. More than likely pharmaceuticals or a combo.

Anti Federalist
05-19-2009, 10:37 PM

That was my exact same thought as well.

mstrmac1
05-19-2009, 10:50 PM
PCP (phencyclidine) is classified as a hallucinogen and has many of the same effects as LSD, but can be much more dangerous. In the 1950's, PCP was investigated as an anesthetic, but due to its severe side effects, its development for human use was discontinued. PCP is known for inducing violent behavior and for inducing negative physical reactions such as seizures, coma, death. There is no way to predict who will have a bad reaction to the drug. Maybe this is because PCP has so many faces--it acts as a hallucinogen, stimulant, depressant, and anesthetic---all at the same time.

In its original state, PCP is a white crystalline powder. PCP is available in tablet, liquid, and powder forms and is either ingested orally or smoked by applying the liquid form to tobacco or marijuana cigarettes or by lacing these and other cigarettes, sometimes containing herbs such as mint or parsley, with PCP powder.

You can also soak cigs in a PCP solution and sell them as sticks for $20 a pop.

Dude.. you know way to much about this... that is scary! Are you not running for government?

BenIsForRon
05-19-2009, 11:20 PM
has many of the same effects as LSD, .

NO!!!!!!!!!!!11 PCP is nothing like LSD.

I admit, I've never done PCP, but you're the first person I've EVER heard say that.

I've done LSD many times, and I've never had any experience even similar to the few stories I've heard about PCP.

kathy88
05-20-2009, 05:04 AM
NO!!!!!!!!!!!11 PCP is nothing like LSD.

I admit, I've never done PCP, but you're the first person I've EVER heard say that.

I've done LSD many times, and I've never had any experience even similar to the few stories I've heard about PCP.

he said many of the same effects..... which is true

they are both hallucinogens

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-20-2009, 05:11 AM
Wow, that is so demented I don't even know how to deal with that.

angelatc
05-20-2009, 05:39 AM
PCP is back? I thought that went away in the '70's.

Meatwasp
05-20-2009, 06:07 AM
No excuse for that father . Why the deuce was he taking that crap. Throw the book at him.

malkusm
05-20-2009, 07:11 AM
A college friend of mine who had transferred from another school told me the only story I've ever heard of someone doing PCP....basically, he came home one night and there were a bunch of cops at the dorm room next to him. The guy had apparently bought weed that was laced with PCP. My friend said that he walked by and peeked in, and saw the guy trying to rip out his own hair, banging his head on the wall, and speaking in tongues.

Pretty scary stuff...

brandon
05-20-2009, 07:30 AM
Hmm I tried it once and was fine.

I think you need to have a propensity towards, or actually have, some sort of serious mental illness to respond to PCP like this.

fisharmor
05-20-2009, 08:16 AM
I just really feel sad for that kid. And, no matter how much of a monster the dad sounds like, if he was just like that because he was high, you know he must feel like crap about now.

None of you knows anything.

Put up some citations or this thread is no better than Reefer Madness.
The video doesn't even mention PCP!
Plus, the wikipedia entry on phencyclidine links to this:
http://www.bakersfield.com/news/local/x339729128/Bakersfield-dad-accused-of-biting-out-sons-eye
which doesn't offer any evidence that he was on PCP during the attack - only that he was in a treatment program for it. Which is to say, he was probably getting a steady dose of being told that he's not responsible for his own actions.

What about Big Lurch? 5-day-long bender. No idea what motivated him.

Anyone else got evidence? Or is this like the failure of capitalism, where we can't pin the effects to what's getting the blame, and in a lot of cases can show the exact opposite happening?

Pinning this in PCP has only one effect: it gets the father off the hook.

torchbearer
05-20-2009, 08:20 AM
Dude.. you know way to much about this... that is scary! Are you not running for government?

There isn't much under the sun I haven't done.
I can speak from a position of knowledge and wisdom when it comes to these things.
Everyone else speaks from misconceptions and assumptions... and even suppositions.

I was in the music industry for 12 years- I've seen it all.

torchbearer
05-20-2009, 08:20 AM
Hmm I tried it once and was fine.

I think you need to have a propensity towards, or actually have, some sort of serious mental illness to respond to PCP like this.

this.

eOs
05-20-2009, 08:26 AM
drugs r bad, mmkay?

Dreamofunity
05-20-2009, 12:59 PM
The first time I saw this piece it was with a link that said don't do drugs, http://graneyandthepig.wordpress.com/2009/05/19/dont-do-drugs-sickest-story-ever/

*posts some random sick story and serial killers who killed while sober*

Don't remain sober!

The man was violent and criminal, as well as extremely irresponsible, prior to the drugs. While it may have been a contributing factor in this case, it shouldn't demonize the substance, just the man.

That said, I'd probably advise against the use of PCP.

dannno
05-20-2009, 01:09 PM

Ya, where'd you learn about that, DRUUUG SCHOOOOL???

:D

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/b/a/1/ba11089f062bccc7ae3e7ad84aaa9023.jpg

idirtify
05-20-2009, 01:10 PM
No matter the possible effects & interactions of a drug, prohibiting it will only make them worse.

Legalize PCP!

Reason
05-20-2009, 10:46 PM
YouTube - Kids - "Daddy Ate My Eyes" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fAOxsD50pU)

fr33domfightr
05-20-2009, 10:59 PM
The effects of this drug might depend on how much you take. A friend of mine said he tried it once, and wouldn't do it again. Another guy I met in DUI school said he used it, then he tried to "pull over a cop." Everyone laughed at that. Sometimes its better to just stay away from the dangerous drugs.

FF

Agent CSL
05-20-2009, 11:01 PM
PCP and meth are the only two drugs I don't care if they stay illegal. I'd never do either, and certainly not in the presence of a child. Obvious pre-existing child abuse and relatives should have battled for custody.

torchbearer
05-20-2009, 11:04 PM
PCP and meth are the only two drugs I don't care if they stay illegal. I'd never do either, and certainly not in the presence of a child. Obvious pre-existing child abuse and relatives should have battled for custody.

Then the government still has to the power to regulate others.
Either we are all free to make wrong choices or we are all subjects to the government of rights, and are given privileges.
Are you sure you understand freedom?

Brian4Liberty
05-20-2009, 11:05 PM
A guy I know (in law enforcement) said he saw a guy on PCP pull out his own eyes and smear them on the wall. Not sure if "eyes" are a common theme with PCP. Then again, he saw a crank (meth) addict pull out most of his teeth to get rid of the transmitters/receivers. :rolleyes:

MyLibertyStuff
05-20-2009, 11:09 PM
wtf!

torchbearer
05-20-2009, 11:09 PM
A guy I know (in law enforcement) said he saw a guy on PCP pull out his own eyes and smear them on the wall. Not sure if "eyes" are a common theme with PCP. Then again, he saw a crank (meth) addict pull out most of his teeth to get rid of the transmitters/receivers. :rolleyes:

I call bullshit. I've seen hundreds of people on each drug, and not one of them did anything stupid.
It is just bullshit.
Give someone who is mentally ill one of these drugs and they wil enact their crazy minds compulsions.
Normal people don't do that shit.

Brian4Liberty
05-20-2009, 11:14 PM
I call bullshit. I've seen hundreds of people on each drug, and not one of them did anything stupid.
It is just bullshit.
Give someone who is mentally ill one of these drugs and they wil enact their crazy minds compulsions.

Chronic meth use is well known to cause schizophrenia. People in law enforcement and the medical profession get to see it all. There are side effects to all drugs. Just because you dabbled doesn't make it safe for everyone.

Brian4Liberty
05-20-2009, 11:18 PM
It is just bullshit.

They have also seen several people die from being tazed. Are you going call bullshit on that and tell me that tazing is 100% safe?

amonasro
05-20-2009, 11:33 PM

Well, just because he said it doesn't make it true. Guys in law enforcement know surprisingly little about many different types of drugs, it doesn't surprise me they'd make something dumb like this up.

Amphetamine psychosis is common with meth addicts, but nowhere are they physically pulling out their own teeth. Sure, they get ground to a nub but it doesn't cause self-mutilation to that degree, at least that I've heard of. Once you go about 15 days without sleep or food on meth, you have bigger problems than getting rid of "transmitters".

Check out erowid.org's experience vault (http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp_list.shtml) for more realistic stories about the horrors drug addiction, especially meth. Man that shit is nasty.

Brian4Liberty
05-20-2009, 11:54 PM
Well, just because he said it doesn't make it true. Guys in law enforcement know surprisingly little about many different types of drugs, it doesn't surprise me they'd make something dumb like this up.

Amphetamine psychosis is common with meth addicts, but nowhere are they physically pulling out their own teeth. Sure, they get ground to a nub but it doesn't cause self-mutilation to that degree, at least that I've heard of. Once you go about 15 days without sleep or food on meth, you have bigger problems than getting rid of "transmitters".

Check out erowid.org's experience vault (http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp_list.shtml) for more realistic stories about the horrors drug addiction, especially meth. Man that shit is nasty.

Yeah, I am just taking his word on the teeth story. I hear meth makes the teeth go bad anyway (easier to pull out?). I figure it's paranoia with the transmitter part.

Pcp story was backed by a second guy, so I'm taking two people's word on that one.

fr33domfightr
05-21-2009, 12:03 AM
Just going by what I've read, police seem to think PCP is bad, in that people on it do crazy things. I don't recall reading police saying that about Marijuana.

FF

Brian4Liberty
05-21-2009, 12:03 AM

Granted there are often secondary factors like predisposition to mental disorders, drug combinations, chronic use, etc, etc... Not everyone that takes prescription drugs dies, but the commercials always warn that it may happen.

Tazer deaths are probably caused by pre-existing heart problems or tazing in combination with some drugs...

coyote_sprit
05-21-2009, 12:20 AM
Oh crap wrong post.

Extremely sorry to post something unserious in an extremely serious topic.

But yeah I'd like to know what other medication he was on.

idirtify
05-22-2009, 09:15 AM
While talking about drug “safety” sounds respectable, it’s not actually the issue in a liberty forum. That’s because the only risks are to the drug user. The inherent harm of a drug’s pharmacology should not be a determining factor in its prohibition. In fact, the worse the drug = the worse prohibition will make it. So anyone who advocates prohibition for “drugs that are just too harmful” doesn’t understand prohibition (or personal liberty).

IOW, I have no legitimate authority to keep YOU from taking a drug and eating your eyes. While I certainly have the authority to prevent you from eating MY eyes, I still have no authority to prevent you from ingesting a substance that could be characterized as potentially influencing you to want to eat my eyes. We already have laws against eating others’ eyes. Those are GOOD laws. Laws we don’t want (or need) are those that try to prohibit all the things that could possibly influence one to engage in eye-eating. It doesn’t take a genius to see why.

Agent CSL
05-22-2009, 09:22 AM
Then the government still has to the power to regulate others.
Either we are all free to make wrong choices or we are all subjects to the government of rights, and are given privileges.
Are you sure you understand freedom?
I know, I know. But they took our freedom through incremental laws and incremental violations, we have to take it back through incrementally removing those laws. ;) First you legalize the popular, safer drugs and re-introduce people to science and nature. Then you legalize tier 2, while excluding some of the worse drugs. Then, down the line, legalize them all.

It's still my opinion that meth and PCP are extremely dangerous under the wrong circumstances, especially psychological and physical addiction involving a child. People have the right to enjoy them just as much as I have the right to not take them myself, and warn others not to take them.

But legality, I know what you mean. Freedom for all or freedom for none.

fisharmor
05-22-2009, 10:16 AM
I know, I know. But they took our freedom through incremental laws and incremental violations, we have to take it back through incrementally removing those laws. First you legalize the popular, safer drugs and re-introduce people to science and nature. Then you legalize tier 2, while excluding some of the worse drugs. Then, down the line, legalize them all.

No. All it takes is one principled guy in the white house who spends 4 years refusing to fund the war on drugs.
Then we get to see how much billions of dollars of funding gets us: precisely dick.
It's that easy.

It's still my opinion that meth and PCP are extremely dangerous under the wrong circumstances, especially psychological and physical addiction involving a child.

Oh, I forgot, IT'S FOR THE CHILDREN!!!!!

I'd like to believe that horrible things happening to children is some kind of new phenomenon, but then again, I've read some Brothers Grimm in my day.

How about the one where the two boys pretend they're butchers, and the boy who is the "pig" gets knifed in the chest... then the mother, who is bathing the baby, goes psycho, kills the kid who did the killing, the baby drowns while she's doing this, and she hangs herself.... the end.

That stuff was told to children with one message in mind: Kid, life is fucked up sometimes. Please try to cope.

Yeah, it's a damn shame the kid got his eyes chewed out. But you know what our drug war money gets us?
It goes to peasant farmers in Peru to entice them to grow oranges instead of coca, who then proceed to tell the processors to get there to pick up the coca they're going to grow anyway before the authorities do any inspections.

People want to be free to do drugs, and history shows that even total government and regular public executions of dissenters doesn't stop the desire for freedom.

If "conservatives" or are for the war on drugs would spend half as much effort on eliminating gun control in the US, then drug violence wouldn't be a problem.

idirtify
05-23-2009, 02:07 AM
I know, I know. But they took our freedom through incremental laws and incremental violations, we have to take it back through incrementally removing those laws. ;) First you legalize the popular, safer drugs and re-introduce people to science and nature. Then you legalize tier 2, while excluding some of the worse drugs. Then, down the line, legalize them all.

It's still my opinion that meth and PCP are extremely dangerous under the wrong circumstances, especially psychological and physical addiction involving a child. People have the right to enjoy them just as much as I have the right to not take them myself, and warn others not to take them.

But legality, I know what you mean. Freedom for all or freedom for none.

Incremental legalization sounds like incremental civil rights. Did blacks only demand equal rights for educated members of their race, because uneducated ones were just too dangerous? Did they hold signs in their marches that said “EQUAL RIGHTS FOR SOME BLACKS!”?

Forgive me for guessing that your incremental legalization is actually based less on what you think others will tolerate and more on what YOU will tolerate.