PDA

View Full Version : Announcing an Exploratory Committee for State House

GunnyFreedom
05-19-2009, 06:41 PM
I, Glen Allen Bradley, of 144 Ridgewood Road in Youngsville, North Carolina am hereby this notice calling to form an exploratory committee to explore a run for North Carolina State House in the year 2012.

I want to start early, because if I am going to do this, I would like to do it well funded, and do it right. I would run in 2010, except I do not want to forsake the duties of county vice-chair for which I was already elected, and I would like to raise between $15 and $30 thousand for the full campaign, which I see as quite reasonable for a 2012 run, but implausible for a 2010 run.

I intend to form the committee composed of 12 members total, plus myself as chairman. I am looking for 4 people directly from the RP08 effort, 4 people from the existing C4L, and 4 people from the GOP within my NC House District.

As an exploratory committee, I will be seeking to raise $1500 to $3000 to fund the committee's activities through November of 2009 (possibly including volunteer's travel from states such as South Carolina, Alabama, Louisiana, and/or Minnesota) when an announcement will be made regarding the findings of the committee.

Please contact me for more information, to donate, or to volunteer.

Please contact me at:

E-Mail: "Glen Bradley 2012 Exploratory" <constitutionalist@nc.rr.com>
Telephone: (919) 374-2973

US Postal Service:

Glen Bradley NC House 2012 Exploratory Committee
144 Ridgewood Road
Youngsville, NC 27596

Thank you for your support,

Glen Bradley

GunnyFreedom
05-19-2009, 07:23 PM
bumping an apparently unpopular idea ;)

RP4EVER
05-19-2009, 08:01 PM
ill do what i can as a southern virginia activist

Kotin
05-19-2009, 08:03 PM
Best of luck, friend.

you are needed in that seat. tell me where and when to donate :D

GunnyFreedom
05-19-2009, 08:18 PM
Thanks RP4EVER, and you too Kotin!

I know this is just a State House seat, but I have a plan through 2020 with the goal of restoring the Constitutional Order.

With Regards To donations, the important part, obviously, will be the campaign. While the exploratory committee will need some minor funding; and is likewise a 'test' of fundraising potential for the actual campaign, I am specifically requesting that donations to the Exploratory Committee only come 'if you have it to spare.'

That said, any funds donated to the exploratory committee not used directly in that effort, will be folded over into the actual campaign itself.

To send donations, you can contribute to my paypal address at glen42@gmail.com

or send check or money order to my mailing address in the announcement above.

and if I am understanding John McFake's law correctly, I will require name, address, and employer for the proper BOE filings.

Also, if you wanted to specify a donation be used for the campaign specifically rather than the exploratory committee, note that with the check, money order, or paypal donation, and I will do just as you ask.

Maximum donations (per John's law) are $2300 per donor, but (if I am not mistaken) I can hit that limit three times -- once for the exploratory committee, once for the primary, and once for the general.

Thanks so much, and I will do everything in my power to represent Paulers and Constitutionalists to the best and utmost of my ability.

speciallyblend
05-19-2009, 08:22 PM
i will do what i can as well:) keep up the great work.

my wife is working on moneybomb tickers now. i will see what we can do for you;)

once she has these tickers done we can market them to liberty candidates for far less then the other company is willing to!!!

asimplegirl
05-19-2009, 08:23 PM
You KNOW you have my support any way you need it, hun. :)

Imperial
05-19-2009, 08:23 PM
Good luck and bump!

speciallyblend
05-19-2009, 08:25 PM
You KNOW you have my support any way you need it, hun. :)

haha, that line made me think of marv albert, be careful gunny bites:)

asimplegirl
05-19-2009, 08:27 PM
haha, that line made me think of marv albert, be careful gunny bites:)

He won't bit me. I bite back, and I think its fun. :D

No, honestly, I am right behind him. I will do anything he asks to help.

GunnyFreedom
05-19-2009, 08:29 PM
Thanks speciallyblend & asimplegirl

I know that the other company with donation tickers costs all kinds of crazy money. I love the idea but had pretty much given up on it given the expense of it. Whatever the thing costs, if I am going to get one I will want the cost covered by the exploratory funds.

Clearly, in order to set up the sort of live donation system required to go beyond the exploratory stage, I will have to set something up with a company that can collect these for me the way RP08 did.

This is yet another reason why I wanted to start earlier rather than later for 2012

ClayTrainor
05-19-2009, 08:30 PM
We're with you Gunny! :cool:

I too will do anything i can to help, just let me know what i can do :)

asimplegirl
05-19-2009, 08:33 PM
Do I need to get my brother to spread the word out there? Or will that do no good? I don't know what area you are in correlation to where he is... but he is in a military town out there..and if it will help I can.

Maybe you can get more donations that way?

asimplegirl
05-19-2009, 08:35 PM
Bump

GunnyFreedom
05-19-2009, 08:38 PM
I also have a ChipIn set up:

http://bailoutsout.chipin.com/bradley-nc-house-2012

speciallyblend
05-19-2009, 08:40 PM
Thanks speciallyblend & asimplegirl

I know that the other company with donation tickers costs all kinds of crazy money. I love the idea but had pretty much given up on it given the expense of it. Whatever the thing costs, if I am going to get one I will want the cost covered by the exploratory funds.

Clearly, in order to set up the sort of live donation system required to go beyond the exploratory stage, I will have to set something up with a company that can collect these for me the way RP08 did.

This is yet another reason why I wanted to start earlier rather than later for 2012

well i will im you soon ok;) i will talk to you soon once we have the ticker up. i want to have a serious ron paul discount for liberty candidates!

i have 2 other candidates interested as well. I think we will be very reasonable for our services:)

I wish you the best.

sidenote,move to colorado;)

GunnyFreedom
05-19-2009, 08:44 PM
Thanks so much Clay, Imperial. I really appreciate it more than you know.

I'm probably going to bury myself into some graphics and web stuff relating to this for the next 4 hours, but I will keep checking back and will be available to answer any questions.

klamath
05-19-2009, 09:00 PM
Go Gunny! You I can support. Level headed with principals I can support. To bad I am in the state of Jefferson not NC this election!

slacker921
05-19-2009, 09:28 PM
Glen - I'll throw support your way for 2012, but if I were on your exploratory committee I'd say run in 2010. 2012 will see loads of Democrats out straight ticket voting again and if I'm not mistaken you're in district 49 which has 4 term Democrat in there and she won in '08 with 59% of the vote..

torchbearer
05-19-2009, 09:32 PM
I am right behind him.

Strap on?

purplechoe
05-19-2009, 09:46 PM
Good luck patriot!

asimplegirl
05-19-2009, 09:50 PM
Strap on?

OMG, no. You are nasty, boy.

I mean I will support him, definitely. He has my support- 100%...

You know he wants us (me and you) to come visit him? Sounds fun.

torchbearer
05-19-2009, 10:05 PM
OMG, no. You are nasty, boy.

I mean I will support him, definitely. He has my support- 100%...

You know he wants us (me and you) to come visit him? Sounds fun.

I was joking. :D
But I do some freaky couple that do that shit. :D HAHAHA!
I got friends in North Carolina, so we can do this.. I even have job offers there.l
I consider Glen, a friend. We got together great at the Rally for the Republic.

Paulitical Correctness
05-20-2009, 12:50 AM
+:D

LittleLightShining
05-20-2009, 05:21 AM
Way to go, Gunny! Way. to. go!

Aratus
05-20-2009, 08:01 AM
good luck, gunny!
2012 does loom big!

Meatwasp
05-20-2009, 08:08 AM
Great news Gunny,
One of the greatest of the greatest on this forum

asimplegirl
05-20-2009, 04:45 PM
I was joking. :D
But I do some freaky couple that do that shit. :D HAHAHA!
I got friends in North Carolina, so we can do this.. I even have job offers there.l
I consider Glen, a friend. We got together great at the Rally for the Republic.

You know, torchy, I have REALLY been mulling it over. It is very tempting...even to the point of day dreaming. I am torn between my home and my goals and dreams and political standards...

Glen is a great guy to be friends with, IMO. You are lucky to be considered such. :)

torchbearer
05-20-2009, 04:50 PM
You know, torchy, I have REALLY been mulling it over. It is very tempting...even to the point of day dreaming. I am torn between my home and my goals and dreams and political standards...

Glen is a great guy to be friends with, IMO. You are lucky to be considered such. :)

Well, we have many events and things to do in the future. You are always more than welcomed to join me in my adventures in liberty.
This is what makes our movement so great. It is filled with people like Glen.
No matter where I go in this country, I know that I have friends there. You missed out on a lot of fun, but don't worry... we are only just beginning.

asimplegirl
05-20-2009, 05:11 PM
Good. I plan to be there doing the most I can... even if certain people seem to think it is not important and that I don't have any place there.

Anyway, like I said anytime Glen needs me, I am here- all he has to do is ask.

asimplegirl
05-20-2009, 09:10 PM
Bump for the cause. :)