PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul to be on The Ed Show tomorrow 5/20/09

abers076
05-19-2009, 04:12 PM
Schultz just said he was bombarded with emails blasting him for putting Ron in his terrible 'Psycho Talk' segment and will have him on tomorrow. Should be interesting. Just lettin' ya'll know.:)

dannno
05-19-2009, 04:13 PM
Hey look how that turned out.. can't wait!

MRoCkEd
05-19-2009, 04:25 PM
Haha.
Ron Paul better prepare his soundbites for why we ought to abolish the department of education, agriculture, etc.
Hopefully the guy doesn't interrupt him.

kathy88
05-19-2009, 04:29 PM
I hope Ron makes him look like the ass hat he is :)

0zzy
05-19-2009, 04:45 PM
The unfortunate thing about Paul is that he doesn't prepare soundbites. His message needs to be put into a hammer and it only needs to take one swing, rather than a fist which takes several.

fletcher
05-19-2009, 04:50 PM
Schultz just said he was bombarded with emails blasting him for putting Ron in his terrible 'Psycho Talk' segment and will have him on tomorrow. Should be interesting. Just lettin' ya'll know.:)

Why were you watching the Ed Show? :confused:

abers076
05-20-2009, 03:14 AM
Why were you watching the Ed Show? :confused:

The same reason I listen to Rush or watch Glenn Beck sometimes, to see what the controlled opposition is bitching about each another for.

Epic
05-20-2009, 04:29 AM
The unfortunate thing about Paul is that he doesn't prepare soundbites. His message needs to be put into a hammer and it only needs to take one swing, rather than a fist which takes several.

Whatever. People like RP cause he's not a conventional sound-byte barbie and ken how's my hair politician. I like it when he drones on about fairly esoteric subjects.

0zzy
05-20-2009, 04:36 AM
Whatever. People like RP cause he's not a conventional sound-byte barbie and ken how's my hair politician. I like it when he drones on about fairly esoteric subjects.

I do too, but sometimes I wish there was just a way for him to smack him so hard that everyone would repeat the 30seconds.

blocks
05-20-2009, 04:43 AM
At least he has the balls to have the guy he blasted on the show to defend himself, unlike some other MSNBC hosts. **cough**Olbermann**ahem**

Chieftain1776
05-20-2009, 05:32 AM
In addition to a statement like this (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=2127008&postcount=25):

"Sure. We need to entirely eliminate bureaucracies like the Federal Dept. of Education that overrule state and local schools boards with unconstitutional mandates. We need to make decision making accountable by keeping it at the local level. The more we've spent the worse it's gotten since that bureaucracy was created in '79. And that's just one bureaucracy out of many!"

He should mention that state departments can remain intact if states so choose. Most of our states are larger in population and GDP per capita than independent countries (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_between_U.S._states_and_countries_by_pe r_capita_GDP(nominal))! Our poorest state, Mississippi, is wealthier than South Korea, Israel, Portugal, Czech Republic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)_per_capita). Does Schultz really believe that South Korea isn't kicking our tail in education? If not here's some proof (http://4brevard.com/choice/international-test-scores.htm). Even places like Hungary are beating us. So even if the money gets there after the Federal bureacracy gets it's take...the issue is definitely not funding. We don't even have to look internationally...look at Washington DC which receives the most funding per pupil in the nation (http://www.epodunk.com/top10/per_pupil/index.html).

In general he should point out that liberals make a big mistake when they centralize power in Washington. The next time a religious conservative president gets into office he can blackmail states to teach abstinence only, intelligent design, etc by threatening them with losing funding.

If he starts giving hysterical apocalyptic stories Dr. Paul should point to examples like New Zealand which removed subsidies completely. This is from that Right wing... rag the New York Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/02/business/worldbusiness/02farm.html) which states:

The farming community was devastated — but not for long. Today, agriculture remains the lifeblood of New Zealand’s economy. There are still more sheep and cows here than people, their meat, milk and wool providing the country with its biggest source of export earnings. Most farms are still owned by families, but their incomes have recovered and output has soared.

“Farming in New Zealand is now a cold, hard business,” said Mr. Lumsden, who at the time of the farming revolution was president of Federated Farmers in the Waikato region, the heart of New Zealand’s dairy country. “I think we have benefited hugely.”

I've watched Ed Schultz and Dr. Paul needs to really assert himself or Schultz, being a rabid hack, is going to make all kinds of straw men and baseless conclusions.

Join The Paul Side
05-20-2009, 11:24 AM
The same reason I listen to Rush or watch Glenn Beck sometimes, to see what the controlled opposition is bitching about each another for.

You like to be informed and know your enemy. There is nothing wrong with that. ;)

Chieftain1776
05-20-2009, 03:26 PM
Ed Show's on. I should also note that throughout the day he was advertising his "political smackdown" with Ron Paul. Arrogant prick....he even looks like Rush Limbaugh while criticizing him...fat and loud but with the smugness only a liberal can muster. Ugh it's going to be torture while we wait for Ron Paul. :(

reagle
05-20-2009, 03:26 PM
bump

Chieftain1776
05-20-2009, 03:34 PM
Did anyone see that? Ed just read off a rant off a page of notes. Talking points anyone?

torchbearer
05-20-2009, 03:37 PM
online broadcast?

Chieftain1776
05-20-2009, 03:48 PM
online broadcast?

I don't know of one...but MSNBC makes them available usually within the hour at the show's page but I looked and couldn't see the page for his show.

I hope Dr. Paul mentions his opposition to GITMO, Patriot Act and the war so they can't paint him as a Neocon. Also they can't have a knee-jerk reaction to him so much if he shares their view and might actually be open to the rest of his ideas.

abers076
05-20-2009, 03:54 PM
Ed is almost more arrogant than Olbermann, which is pretty hard to do. I hope he can bear keeping his mouth shut for more than 3 seconds. I somehow doubt it.

MRoCkEd
05-20-2009, 03:55 PM
On now!

abers076
05-20-2009, 03:58 PM
Holy Shit Ron is killing him!

torchbearer
05-20-2009, 03:59 PM
Holy Shit Ron is killing him!

tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuube!

speciallyblend
05-20-2009, 04:01 PM
ed is an idiot

Chieftain1776
05-20-2009, 04:03 PM
WOW! Dr. Paul fought LIKE A CHAMP!

Awesome!

MRoCkEd
05-20-2009, 04:04 PM
That was nuts!

jmlfod87
05-20-2009, 04:05 PM
I dont think Ron spent enough time discussing the pragmatic aspects of abolishing DOA. He should have thrown the whole "food security" argument back at Ed and argued how the DOA creates a moral hazard by regulating the industry just like the FDA creates moral hazard by regulating the pharma industry. Its not like Ron doesn't know these arguments, he just reverts back to the constitution argument too often. Liberals are utilitarians, not constitutionalists or natural law advocates, you need to talk to them from a pragmatic stance, which Paul failed to do with the DOA topic.

TheConstitutionLives
that was quite good. Paul looked refreshed

speciallyblend
WOW! Dr. Paul fought LIKE A CHAMP!

Awesome!

now i know why i have never watched the ed show, ed is the definition of psycho babble!!!
well at least now i know to block this show on my cable box!

KramerDSP
05-20-2009, 04:06 PM
I watched, but the captions stopped scrolling when Ron refused be cut off, and from there, it was difficult to figure out what they were saying. Any memorable one-liners ? That was probably the most animated he's been since 1988 Morton Downey Jr., but this time he did it with a smile.

Epic
05-20-2009, 04:06 PM
Oh man that was awesome

Ron was on offense from the get-go then it just turned into a Bill Oreilly vs. Barney Frank type thing with Ed Schultz just shouting over him no matter what RP tried to say... but then RP got in a couple words undisturbed in the end.

Edit: true RP should have brought up the moral hazard argument, but who can blame him in that environment?

Chieftain1776
05-20-2009, 04:07 PM
It's not up yet but he does have an archive if someone hasn't youtubed it. http://www.bigeddieradio.com/archive/

maqsur
That is rare talkback from Dr. Paul. Usually he is mild mannered, and doesn't argue too much, but today he came out right away and attacked Ed. Ed, of course, kept interrupting Dr. Paul, to the point that Dr. Paul had to exclaim: "Do you want to interview me or not?!"

Interesting argument back and forth. Ed keeps on about keeping the Dept. of Agriculture. He wouldn't let Dr. Paul elaborate.

This is the problem with most talk shows, it's all about sound bites, hardly any substance allowed.

speciallyblend
I dont think Ron spent enough time discussing the pragmatic aspects of abolishing DOA. He should have thrown the whole "food security" argument back at Ed and argued how the DOA creates a moral hazard by regulating the industry just like the FDA creates moral hazard by regulating the pharma industry. Its not like Ron doesn't know these arguments, he just reverts back to the constitution argument too often. Liberals are utilitarians, not constitutionalists or natural law advocates, you need to talk to them from a pragmatic stance, which Paul failed to do with the DOA topic.

how could he, ed wouldn't shut up long enough. ed is lowsy at interviews!

i should send ed a bill for wasting my time!!

abers076
05-20-2009, 04:08 PM
Holy God, Schultz is such a fucking pile of dogshit. What a disgusting toad. I hope someone tubes that too, I can't believe how disrespectful and just downright mean he was. Worse than O'Reilly. What a clueless ASSHOLE!

Sorry for all the obscenities.

werdd
05-20-2009, 04:08 PM
TUBE, i tuned in at the very end of this

MRoCkEd
05-20-2009, 04:10 PM
I hope the person who uploads it titles it "Ron Paul and Ed Schultz Duke it Out"

Epic
05-20-2009, 04:13 PM
I hope the person who uploads it titles it "Ron Paul and Ed Schultz Duke it Out"

I prefer "Ron Paul verbally castrates Ed Schultz". But that's just me.

speciallyblend
05-20-2009, 04:14 PM
Holy God, Schultz is such a fucking pile of dogshit. What a disgusting toad. I hope someone tubes that too, I can't believe how disrespectful and just downright mean he was. Worse than O'Reilly. What a clueless ASSHOLE!

well the good news is i will never spend another day watching ed's crappy show.

rachel maddow is the only show on all msm left that is worth watching to me. i have basically blocked the rest of them if not outright blocked the whole channel!

i know folks do not like rachel but she at least gives us a somewhat level playing field!!

Chieftain1776
05-20-2009, 04:16 PM

Yeah, honestly, if he made that sort of argument it would be scoffed at if he didn't have time to provide specific examples like Underwriters Laboratories. I guess if I was there I'd say the threat is overblown in the first place, nobody wants to poison their customers...believing that is case is PSYCHO! And the few cases there are issues the supermarkets react 10x faster than the AG Dept.

Also I'd say he sounds like George Bush screaming there's a terrorist under every tomato! ZING!

To be fair it took me a while to think that up. That'd be tough on the spot. I do think he mentioned it in the original insult though...could've prepared for it. But as Dr. Paul said Rabid Ed makes his money in soundbites RP actually has to study the issues.

MRoCkEd
05-20-2009, 04:17 PM
I prefer "Ron Paul verbally castrates Ed Schultz". But that's just me.
Ok. That's better.

specsaregood
05-20-2009, 04:23 PM
i have basically blocked the rest of them if not outright blocked the whole channel!

Ya know, soon you'll be joining those of us who have completely disconnected the cable service. All the good stuff shows up on the Internet anyways.

Speaking of which? Got Tube?

speciallyblend
05-20-2009, 04:26 PM
Ya know, soon you'll be joining those of us who have completely disconnected the cable service. All the good stuff shows up on the Internet anyways.

Speaking of which? Got Tube?

the only reason i even have cable is because it is cheaper to bundle with my internet and phone;)

i usually only watch the comedy channel for news now . they are more reliable then msm:) haha funny but true!!

fletcher
05-20-2009, 04:30 PM
toob

maqsur
05-20-2009, 04:31 PM
well the good news is i will never spend another day watching ed's crappy show.

rachel maddow is the only show on all msm left that is worth watching to me. i have basically blocked the rest of them if not outright blocked the whole channel!

i know folks do not like rachel but she at least gives us a somewhat level playing field!!

Rachel is polite to guests, and doesn't shout down. She is respectful, and so I respect her (even with disagreement). The other talking heads could learn a thing or two.

dannno
05-20-2009, 04:31 PM
C'mon this has to be the most anticipated toob of 2009 based on this thread.. hurry it up interwebs!

johnrocks
05-20-2009, 04:32 PM
Rachel is polite to guests, and doesn't shout down. She is respectful, and so I respect her (even with disagreement). The other talking heads could learn a thing or two.

I agree. I doubt I agree with her on a lot,outside of the war or some civil liberty type issues however she is very respectful of her guests,imho.

speciallyblend
05-20-2009, 04:34 PM

yep Rachel Maddow makes her show enjoyable to watch no matter where you are on the political spectrum!!

werdd
05-20-2009, 04:35 PM
yep Rachel Maddow makes her show enjoyable to watch no matter where you are on the political spectrum!!

She makes a lot of snide remarks. If you notice, everytime before she has a guest on it's some snide remark about conservatism followed by her guess coming on snickering. It's fairly disrespectful, but that is the way of the democrats nowadays it seems.

dannno
05-20-2009, 04:40 PM
She makes a lot of snide remarks. If you notice, everytime before she has a guest on it's some snide remark about conservatism followed by her guess coming on snickering. It's fairly disrespectful, but that is the way of the democrats nowadays it seems.

Me and my libertarian buddies do the same thing.. but when we do it, we're talking about the neocon sellout Republicans that dominate the publicized political realm, not Ron Paul or liberty minded Republicans.

I agree it would be better if she made that clear, though..

speciallyblend
05-20-2009, 04:43 PM

well most of the snide remarks the gop deserves, so i can laugh those off;)

when she has an interview she allows all sides to make their points. the snide remarks that all the show hosts make toward the gop are pretty much spot on. the gop is the blame for the snide remarks not the entertainers!

the gop deserves everything they get on tv. i still remind myself everyday why i am a republican!!

we are at least 4-12 yrs away from taking back the gop. as long as rush,beck,oreilly and steele and the failed leadership are our leaders not much will become of the gop!!

right now the gop is like the dog chasing their tail! the gop's future is not bright.

until they figure out we are the gop and ron paul's platform is what the gop platform should be. the gop will continue to lose elections..

i will not vote for the lesser of 2 evils,even if i am a republican!!

until the gop wins votes from me and many others.they will be in serious trouble. they said they could win without us,but reality is they will not win without us. they still have not figured that out.

the gop is still in a death coma.

johnrocks
05-20-2009, 04:45 PM
Does that show come on again tonight like other shows do or does anyone know?

Chieftain1776
05-20-2009, 04:48 PM
Does that show come on again tonight like other shows do or does anyone know?

My cable guide says it's on 3am EST.

johnrocks
05-20-2009, 05:00 PM
My cable guide says it's on 3am EST.

Thanks but I will be on my 5th dream by then.:p

0zzy
05-20-2009, 05:16 PM
wow no tube yet? PSH

Chieftain1776
05-20-2009, 05:32 PM
Thanks but I will be on my 5th dream by then.:p

Well hopefully the Youtube deity has their DVR set for 3am :)

someperson
05-20-2009, 05:34 PM
found :)
YouTube - Ed Shultz vs. Ron Paul 5-20-09 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfuvndfA1jw)

specsaregood
05-20-2009, 05:34 PM
wow no tube yet? PSH

Here it is:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/30855011#30855011

specsaregood
05-20-2009, 05:42 PM
Wow, somebody slipped RP some cookies and a red bull before that interview.

johnrocks
05-20-2009, 05:50 PM
Thanks for posting, Ed Schultz got owned,imho. He is just like RP said, he's only for the Constitution when it is in line with his liberal agenda, just like the "conservatives" that control the GOP,imho.

Cowlesy
05-20-2009, 05:55 PM
Wow, somebody slipped RP some cookies and a red bull before that interview.

I love when he gets off the cuff and fights like that.

"Yeah you believe in the Constitution when it suits you"

torchbearer
05-20-2009, 06:14 PM
I love when he gets off the cuff and fights like that.

"Yeah you believe in the Constitution when it suits you"

I was laughing my ass off.... "you get a big audience and it gets to your head."
BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0zzy
05-20-2009, 06:20 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA

That was great! oh man. I LOVE RON PAUL!

Annihilia
05-20-2009, 06:22 PM
That was AWESOME.

RP took Special Ed to school.

Bruno
05-20-2009, 07:24 PM
That was AWESOME.

RP took Special Ed to school.

+ 1

Gave it to him!!