PDA

View Full Version : Beck and free speech

cska80
05-19-2009, 01:50 AM
I called on friday (open line friday) and I was hung up on immediately when I said I'd like to ask Glenn why he hasn't mentioned Savage's ban from the UK and how he feels about it. I called today and got through; same thing. Not one of the "top 3" has spoken about it.

purplechoe
05-19-2009, 01:57 AM
I called on friday (open line friday) and I was hung up on immediately when I said I'd like to ask Glenn why he hasn't mentioned Savage's ban from the UK and how he feels about it. I called today and got through; same thing. Not one of the "top 3" has spoken about it.

Not that I'm a fan of Savage but I think he said that there is a ban on Fox News on anything Michael Savage. As far as I'm aware of it, only one reporter on Fox has even reported on the story once. I guess they don't like him because he makes fun of Hannity and O'Reilly constantly.

YouTube - Ron Paul: "Hitler's" Fox News Internal Memos (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtnoeaiIuBg)

Objectivist
05-19-2009, 03:20 AM
Was there some expectation of any radio personality spending time on their competition? Savage needs ratings and I consider this thing a stunt on his part to gain some attention. Seems like it's working on some.

Krugerrand
05-19-2009, 06:31 AM
this has nothing to do with free speech.

paulitics
05-19-2009, 07:04 AM
Hannity, Levin and others hate Savage. Perhaps Beck has to keep quiet about this issue because of Rupert Murdoch. I find it interseting that both Beck and Savage claim to be the 3rd most listened to program in America. Someone is lying.

pacelli
05-19-2009, 07:47 AM

Next time, just call and tell them you want to talk to them about free speech and the constitution.

1000-points-of-fright
05-19-2009, 08:07 AM
You don't understand the concept of free speech.

cska80
05-19-2009, 09:33 AM
As far as competition goes, Limbaugh, Beck and Hannity always mention eachother so that's no excuse. All three of them go on and on about free speech, conservatives being persecuted for their views, etc. so it's a bit weak to use an excuse of "...oh they don't like Savage."

I gave up lying to call screeners about what I want to talk about a long time ago. They have over a minute of air to dump out on you, and the national shows know what they're doing.

It shouldn't matter what you think about Savage. The UK banning him is absolutely uncalled for. Calling it a stunt for ratings is absurd. As if an entire government, left wing at that, is going to help the ratings of a conservative talk show? Don't you remember the attempts and sometimes successful bans of Ron Paul? Are we only supposed to stick up for our own?