PDA

View Full Version : Rand to appear on Alex Jones 5/21

Matt Collins
05-18-2009, 09:55 PM
Apparently Rand Paul is slated to appear on the Alex Jones show May 21st.

Kotin
05-18-2009, 10:14 PM
awesome.. I am glad to hear that.

thx for posting.

Dreamofunity
05-18-2009, 11:19 PM
Strategy wise, I'm not sure how I feel about this.

While exposure is good, and I no doubtably would listen to and enjoy this interview, isn't he suppose to be running for a Republican seat? I admit I don't know what the constituency of Kentucky's Republicans are like, and I'm guessing most won't ever hear it, but...

Rand's words alone should convert someone, all the opposition has to do is label him by his major appearances (Maddow - leftist, Jones - Conspiracy) and most mainstream Republicans will write him off before his words can even convert.

It seems kind of damaging, at least before he wins the primary. Once the mainstream Republicans have the choice of Rand or some Dem, he should go on all the leftist shows he can, but until then he has to win over Republicans.

^That was more politics though. Gah, I hate having to play within to the two party system.

Personally, I can't wait! And I encourage all the exposure he can get his hands on.

rich34
05-19-2009, 04:35 PM
It didn't hurt his dad to much appearing on the Alex Jones show. Besides, Jones does have a very loyal and faithful following. He promoted the hell out of those moneybombs and will no doubt do the same for Rand.

Cowlesy
05-19-2009, 04:46 PM
Strategy wise, I'm not sure how I feel about this.

While exposure is good, and I no doubtably would listen to and enjoy this interview, isn't he suppose to be running for a Republican seat? I admit I don't know what the constituency of Kentucky's Republicans are like, and I'm guessing most won't ever hear it, but...

Rand's words alone should convert someone, all the opposition has to do is label him by his major appearances (Maddow - leftist, Jones - Conspiracy) and most mainstream Republicans will write him off before his words can even convert.

It seems kind of damaging, at least before he wins the primary. Once the mainstream Republicans have the choice of Rand or some Dem, he should go on all the leftist shows he can, but until then he has to win over Republicans.

^That was more politics though. Gah, I hate having to play within to the two party system.

Personally, I can't wait! And I encourage all the exposure he can get his hands on.

I understand exactly what you mean, but this is how I see it. No one is really covering anything Rand does --- it's VERY early. I think it's good for Rand to get his name out there to the Alex Jones folks, as they seem very good about spreading messages---and heck, maybe a few incremental bucks. Also, I do not believe appearing on Alex Jones' show has any negative connotation --- I know "any" is a strong word. Throughout the presidential primary, I never saw any vote-count damage for Ron being friends with and appearing on Alex Jones.

The positive part about going on the Alex Jones show is that a lot of his listeners are big on the Freedom message, and may be inclined to support Rand in some fashion.

Win-Win for Rand for appearing on Jones' show.

Dreamofunity
05-19-2009, 05:16 PM
Yeah, I'm excited for it either way. Political science and campaigning is so not my thing, I'd rather just listen to and spread the ideas instead of playing to win.

I also didn't realize how far away the actual primary is, hopefully this exposure will give him enough momentum to be heard by the typical republican media in Kentucky closer towards the primary.

I'm not against Jones in any manner, I'm just assuming we'll get another one of those hit pieces from some random blogger in Kentucky and just hope no one there pays attention to it.

steined
05-19-2009, 09:29 PM
All we have to remember is that Grayson didn't just vote for Clinton, he was a stinking Delegate and changed to the GOP to run for office. I think that plays more than appearing on a show with a "conspiracy theorist" and a liberal. Let's hope it works out!

MRoCkEd
05-21-2009, 10:12 AM
His site is down again after alex jones gave out the website.
Get it up so all the infowarriors can donate

MRoCkEd
05-21-2009, 10:28 AM
yeah. working

good interview BTW

purplechoe
05-21-2009, 07:28 PM
YouTube - Dr. Rand Paul on The Alex Jones Show 1/3:Running for The 2010 Senate Seat (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35kXA2l9Iiw)

YouTube - Dr. Rand Paul on The Alex Jones Show 2/3:Running for The 2010 Senate Seat (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s3j13QUxik)

YouTube - Dr. Rand Paul on The Alex Jones Show 3/3:Running for The 2010 Senate Seat (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9-c0Y2T6jw)