PDA

View Full Version : (Youtube)Ventura on Hannity's radio show

ClayTrainor
05-18-2009, 03:28 PM
YouTube - jesseventura seanhannity 051809 p1 0001 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sojSlp009ro)
YouTube - jesseventura seanhannity 051809 p2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4ViBYLoJGI)
I've been informed he will be on Hannity's TV show later tonight :cool:

max
05-18-2009, 03:34 PM
YouTube - jesseventura seanhannity 051809 p1 0001 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sojSlp009ro)

I've been informed he will be on Hannity's TV show later tonight :cool:

Jesse is just interested in selling books. All he does is bash Cheney while giving Obama a free pass..

His act is getting old with me

ClayTrainor
05-18-2009, 03:36 PM
Jesse is just interested in selling books. All he does is bash Cheney while giving Obama a free pass..

His act is getting old with me

Well, you may be right, but i fully support what he says on the issue of torture, and i don't know anyone who gets the point across about "enhanced interrogation" as well as he does.

Don't reject your allies, no matter how imperfect they are ;)

ClayTrainor
05-18-2009, 03:43 PM
Part 2 now up :cool:

max
05-18-2009, 04:10 PM
Well, you may be right, but i fully support what he says on the issue of torture, and i don't know anyone who gets the point across about "enhanced interrogation" as well as he does.

Don't reject your allies, no matter how imperfect they are ;)

Dont get me wrong...if he ran as an indy in 2012, I would be fired up and ready to roll.....I just think he likes jerking us around to feed his ego and sell books...

his softness on Obama puzzles me

dr. hfn
05-18-2009, 04:17 PM
he is everywhere now! I choose him as a Liberty candidate in 2012, not that we can only have one Liberty candidate running...

he is so down to earth and convincing

Bruehound
05-18-2009, 04:22 PM
He is very intellectually weak and has never impressed me. Not in the least.

ClayTrainor
05-18-2009, 04:29 PM
Dont get me wrong...if he ran as an indy in 2012, I would be fired up and ready to roll.....I just think he likes jerking us around to feed his ego and sell books...

Agreed, but the capitalist within me sympathizes with him, to an extent. :o

Jerking us around is definitely a bit over the line though, i agree. He shouldn't have said what he said at the rally, about 2012, if he's not totally serious about it.

Yea, same, but he'll come around after his next Infowars interview, i bet.

He is very intellectually weak and has never impressed me. Not in the least.

He impresses me with his character and ability to deliver points. Remember Ron Paul on the view? Ron Paul had no control over that conversation. He's too polite. Ventura controls the conversation and asserts himself very nicely. He's nowhere near as intelligent as Ron Paul, but he certainly has the ability to deliver the message to the masses, imho.

krazy kaju
05-18-2009, 05:20 PM
He impresses me with his character and ability to deliver points. Remember Ron Paul on the view? Ron Paul had no control over that conversation. He's too polite. Ventura controls the conversation and asserts himself very nicely. He's nowhere near as intelligent as Ron Paul, but he certainly has the ability to deliver the message to the masses, imho.

I agree.

MRoCkEd
05-18-2009, 05:29 PM
pot with geraldo:
YouTube - Legalize pot Jesse Ventura wont shut up (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vja27vTEgY)

mediahasyou
05-18-2009, 06:22 PM
Jesse Ventura on Sean Hannity at 9pm eastern. http://radiotime.com/program/p_20631/The_Sean_Hannity_Show.aspx

speciallyblend
05-18-2009, 06:24 PM
i hope Jesse verbally body slams hannity.

Kotin
05-18-2009, 06:30 PM
god damn.. Sean Hannity's show is nothing more than an hour of shilling the left-right paradigm..

ClayTrainor
05-18-2009, 06:30 PM
He's going to be on Hannity's TV Show tonight :)

speciallyblend
05-18-2009, 06:33 PM
god damn.. Sean Hannity's show is nothing more than an hour of shilling the left-right paradigm..

haha, watching his show is like trying to listen to nails on a chalkboard ugh;)

oooo and dam the devil,god didn't plan on hannity;)

MRoCkEd
05-18-2009, 06:34 PM
on now
www.blinkotv.com

ClayTrainor
05-18-2009, 06:36 PM
on now
www.blinkotv.com

He's way to sympathetic to Obama... :(

speciallyblend
05-18-2009, 06:41 PM
no bias here but that was a sucky interview by hannity!!

Rock Sexton
05-18-2009, 06:46 PM
...........sitting here watching Hannity and Jesse Ventura go at it about Barack Obama. I remember seeing Ventura in "The Obama Deception" and he was (or at least edited to look) against Obama's policies and his flip-flopping.

Apparently the man holds Bush entirely accountable. That Barack simply inherited this entire mess and Barack's deficit was there to fix it so it shouldn't be ridiculed and he should be given some time. He praised his intelligence and his speaking abilities (ya I know shocker :eek:), He was angry with Bush for being on vacation when 9-11 happened and for ignoring warnings made in August 2001...... Ventura completely disregarded how many times Clinton had Obama on a silver platter if he wanted him......... said he'd take a million Monicas over a 9-11 .........

Lost a ton of respect for the man tonight watching this. Absolutely pathetic. Not what I expected from Mr. Ventura.

ClayTrainor
05-18-2009, 06:47 PM
That was indeed painful to watch :(

Rock Sexton
05-18-2009, 06:52 PM
That was indeed painful to watch :(

Not what I expected at all............. the man is a Democrat apparently.

ClayTrainor
05-18-2009, 06:55 PM
Not what I expected at all............. the man is a Democrat apparently.

Well, he was critical of Obama on Torture when he was on the View.

He has spoken out against some of the things Obama said in the past, so i don't think he supports obama's actions but i guess he's been surfing too much to understand the issues. Maybe he just doesn't feel informed enough to judge him yet. we need to get him on air with AJ!

When he said "He's spending to Fix Bush's mistakes" or something like that, i nearly lost it! :mad:

GunnyFreedom
05-18-2009, 06:56 PM
...........sitting here watching Hannity and Jesse Ventura go at it about Barack Obama. I remember seeing Ventura in "The Obama Deception" and he was (or at least edited to look) against Obama's policies and his flip-flopping.

Apparently the man holds Bush entirely accountable. That Barack simply inherited this entire mess and Barack's deficit was there to fix it so it shouldn't be ridiculed and he should be given some time. He praised his intelligence and his speaking abilities (ya I know shocker :eek:), He was angry with Bush for being on vacation when 9-11 happened and ignoring warnings made in August 2001...... Ventura completely ignoring how many times Clinton had Obama on a silver platter if he wanted him......... said he'd take a million Monicas over a 9-11 .........

Lost a ton of respect for the man tonight watching this. Absolutely pathetic. Not what I expected from Mr. Ventura.

Sorry, but this is EXACTLY what I expected from Ventura for the last 8 years. I never liked him, I still don't like him, and the above report only confirms what I have always believed about regarding him.

asimplegirl
05-18-2009, 06:59 PM
I don't really care for him. There has always been something about him I could never put my finger on....he seemed so...rehearsed?

MRoCkEd
05-18-2009, 07:00 PM
Yeah. He's right that Obama inherited two wars and a huge deficit, and can't be blamed for them.
But he should be blamed for expanding them.

Jesse really needs to read some Rothbard or something. Hopefully he's on Alex Jones soon so he can wake up to the Obama deception.

Rock Sexton
05-18-2009, 07:05 PM
Well, he was critical of Obama on Torture when he was on the View.

He has spoken out against some of the things Obama said in the past, so i don't think he supports obama's actions but i guess he's been surfing too much to understand the issues. Maybe he just doesn't feel informed enough to judge him yet. we need to get him on air with AJ!

When he said "He's spending to Fix Bush's mistakes" or something like that, i nearly lost it! :mad:

Yup. I nearly punched my television screen lol.

I think AJ would be surprised by Ventura's comments.

Rock Sexton
05-18-2009, 07:07 PM
Yeah. He's right that Obama inherited two wars and a huge deficit, and can't be blamed for them.
But he should be blamed for expanding them.

Jesse really needs to read some Rothbard or something. Hopefully he's on Alex Jones soon so he can wake up to the Obama deception.

He completely disregarded the idea that Barack expanded on the ideals that help to create the problem. He said something ridiculous like "the Republicans charge it and the Democracts pay in cash." That's the moment where I wanted to tear his face off.

So much for his involvement in AJ's film. It's quite clear he was drunk when he made his appearance.

pacelli
05-18-2009, 07:11 PM

I wouldn't. I supported a "reluctant candidate" who had no intention of running for president before friends convinced him, and I learned from that mistake. Now that I've heard ventura say that he isn't interested in running for president, I will never give a Ventura for President campaign a zinc penny. I will only support a candidate for 2012 who has the internal motivation to win the race.

KenInMontiMN
05-18-2009, 07:16 PM
Don't expect consistency from Mr. Ventura. He will come in all over the place in ideology. He is a bit of a dangerous standard-bearer, he'll be all about Jesse most of the time. Use him where you can, but expect to get bit from time to time.

ClayTrainor
05-18-2009, 07:17 PM
I wouldn't. I supported a "reluctant candidate" who had no intention of running for president before friends convinced him, and I learned from that mistake. Now that I've heard ventura say that he isn't interested in running for president, I will never give a Ventura for President campaign a zinc penny. I will only support a candidate for 2012 who has the internal motivation to win the race.

If he did run, i think he'd run with the intent to win ;)

Njon
05-18-2009, 07:43 PM
I knew something was wrong when I saw him on Larry King's show; it was certainly a stark contrast from his condemnation of Obama in The Obama Deception.

max
05-18-2009, 07:47 PM
no bias here but that was a sucky interview by hannity!!

Hannity is a typical bully/coward....

he kissed jesse's butt....but if Ventura wasnt so big, Hannity would be ridiculing him....like he did to an elderly, soft spoken doctor that i know of....

almantimes2
05-18-2009, 07:58 PM
How are the folks at Jesse Ventura forums taking this?

TruePatriot44
05-18-2009, 08:01 PM
I didn't find anything at fault for what he said. You guys must of missed at the end when he said he's a Goldwater conservative.

ClayTrainor
05-18-2009, 08:02 PM
I didn't find anything at fault for what he said. You guys must of missed at the end when he said he's a Goldwater conservative.

That thinks it's too early to judge Obama's spending?

GunnyFreedom
05-18-2009, 08:03 PM

LOL; I hear LOTS of people claim to be a Goldwater Conservative. Every neocon in North Carolina claims to be a "Goldwater Conservative" no matter how neoconnish they act. I think somewhere there is a requirement that in order to be an activist Republican one is required to claim to be a Goldwater Republican whether it's true or not.

Bman
05-18-2009, 08:08 PM
You guys serious?

It's quite obvious the point is that hypocrites like Hannity have no room to talk. The only reason they are blasting Obama is because they aren't the ones f-in things up.

Watching that video I saw a man attacking hypocrisy, not supporting Obama.

Bman
05-18-2009, 08:12 PM

I think what he was saying the Republicans are just as bad at spending, and that it would be premature to rate how Obama is doing.

That;s not a support of Obama's policies, that's an honest answer as to saying I can't answer something that hasn't run its course.

Man haters always looking for reasons to jump someone.

AuH20
05-18-2009, 08:15 PM
I think what he was saying the Republicans are just as bad at spending, and that it would be premature to rate how Obama is doing.

That;s not a support of Obama's policies, that's an honest answer as to saying I can't answer something that hasn't run its course.

Man haters always looking for reasons to jump someone.

Premature? Bush tripled the debt in 8 years and then Obama doubled Bush's debt in less than 4 months!!!! ;)

AutoDas
05-18-2009, 08:16 PM
As long as he supports another investigation into 9/11 then he that's all that matters.

purplechoe
05-18-2009, 08:18 PM
YouTube - Hannity Interview With Jesse Ventura (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO5QWxaoup4)

purplechoe
05-18-2009, 08:20 PM
YouTube - Hannity Interview With Jesse Ventura (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO5QWxaoup4)

radio interview from earlier

YouTube - Jesse Ventura vs. Sean Hannity on drug legalization 051809 Part1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sojSlp009ro)
YouTube - Jesse Ventura vs. Sean Hannity on drug legalization 051809 Part2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4ViBYLoJGI)

malkusm
05-18-2009, 08:26 PM
As long as he supports another investigation into 9/11 then he that's all that matters.

Trillions in spending, the devaluation of the dollar, nationalization of the American economy, increasing unemployment, undeclared war, subsidization of abortion, the continuation of the War on Drugs, warrantless searches and wiretapping, Real ID, the NAFTA superhighway, continued movement towards one-world government, detainment of prisoners without probable cause, the transparency of the Federal Reserve....

...yeah, you're right. None of that matters.

I swear, there are some people on these forums who need to get their priorities in place. Investigating 9/11 doesn't bring the towers back, doesn't bring the lives of American soldiers or Iraqi civilians back, doesn't erase the terrors of Gitmo, doesn't erase the Patriot Act, etc. It won't give you your Constitutional rights back, no matter what the investigation reveals. You have to stand as a sovereign individual to get them back.

JamesButabi
05-18-2009, 08:28 PM
For a goldwater conservative he certainly doesn't seem to oppose the unscrupulous spending we currently have.

Bman
05-18-2009, 08:31 PM
Premature? Bush tripled the debt in 8 years and then Obama doubled Bush's debt in less than 4 months!!!! ;)

There's a lot more to the Presidency than the national debt. Not to mention I hold our Congress responsible when it comes to the national debt.

purplechoe
05-18-2009, 08:37 PM
TV interview

purplechoe
05-18-2009, 08:38 PM

anaconda
05-18-2009, 08:41 PM
Does anyone else find it interesting that Ventura took the position in this interview that 9-11 was a failure of Bush and Rice to read the security memos? Rather than his usual "inside job" position? Is he taking the Ron Paul position in hopes of appealing to a larger base of voters come 2011-2012? I have said in the past that this would be a sound strategy for him. I find this very interesting indeed. I believe 9-11 was a inside job but not the best approach for getting votes. I have said that he should respond honestly to the ridiculous official story and ludicrous 9-11 Commission Report when asked, but not bring it up on his own. He should concentrate on other freedom-related issues when campaigning and talking to the press, IMHO.

Kotin
05-18-2009, 08:42 PM
I do not think it was Jesse's intention to defend obama.. I believe he was distracted too much by Sean Hannity's almost religious defense of the false left-right paradigm.. it pissed him off and he couldnt help but call Hannity out on it..

that is my interpretation of this.

SouthGeorgia61
05-18-2009, 08:48 PM
I think Jesse was just trying to prove to the Hannity audience that the Republicans helped cause this mess. I don't think he was trying to defend Obama, even though it kind of seemed like it.

purplechoe
05-18-2009, 08:49 PM
To me the most damning thing about that day was not who was actually flying the planes, but that they were actually running a drill the same day. The drill was about planes hitting high buildings (which was the actual reason given for planes not being able to get to New York on time and shoot the hijacked planes out of the sky). Then Rice came out and said that we couldn't even imagine such a thing happening. Now if that is not a load of BS and doesn't open peoples eyes nothing will. The icing on the cake is what happened in the UK. Same thing, a terrorist attack just happened to take place while the police were running a drill about the actual terrorist attack that was taking place at the same time.

Hello!?

klamath
05-18-2009, 08:50 PM
Nope that one did Jesse in for me. He was out and out shilling for Obama. The Democrats pay cash for their spending???? OBama voted for the first bailout and was the main leader that brought the black caucus around to vote for it the second time. The majority of the votes against bush's bailout were republicans. He was as much a shill for the democrats as hannity was for the republicans They were both a joke.
Jesse is dead to me as far as ever being a person I would vote for.

GunnyFreedom
05-18-2009, 08:51 PM
dunno, sounds like he's defending Obama AND Clinton to me....

AMBurns
05-18-2009, 08:51 PM
For a goldwater conservative he certainly doesn't seem to oppose the unscrupulous spending we currently have.

I've seen him put down the all forms of Federal spending in the past. But in this interview he was hitting Hannity where it hurts, Bush. Hannity is a card carrying GWB lover and attacking Bush in front of him is like calling a black person the n-word. He gets flustered and starts responding emotionally rather than rationally, showing that underneath he's just a petty trifling child.

Ventura has a lot of stuff he still needs to clear up, but I think it's great he's coming over to the well reasoned logical side of this debate and steering clear of the crazy side of Alex Jone's conspiracy theories (AJ has some great stuff outside of that).

I like having Governor Ventura on our side.

axiomata
05-18-2009, 08:52 PM
I think Jesse was just trying to prove to the Hannity audience that the Republicans helped cause this mess. I don't think he was trying to defend Obama, even though it kind of seemed like it.
I'm hardly a supporter of Ventura, but I agree. He's the type of guy that loves to argue, and I think if he went on a left-wing shill show he would have criticized Obama.

ClayTrainor
05-18-2009, 08:52 PM
I've seen him put down the all forms of Federal spending in the past. But in this interview he was hitting Hannity where it hurts, Bush. Hannity is a card carrying GWB lover and attacking Bush in front of him is like calling a black person the n-word. He gets flustered and starts responding emotionally rather than rationally, showing that underneath he's just a petty trifling child.

Ventura has a lot of stuff he still needs to clear up, but I think it's great he's coming over to the well reasoned logical side of this debate and steering clear of the crazy side of Alex Jone's conspiracy theories (AJ has some great stuff outside of that).

Very well said, imho :)

Kotin
05-18-2009, 08:55 PM

I think if you asked him straight up he would tell you he does not defend either of them.. he wasnt able to get into whats wrong with obama, its sean hannity, his shilling on behalf of the fake conservatives cannot go ignored.. just think he got caught up in it..

I can relate to his situation.. I absolutely hate a republican shill as much as if not more than a democrat shill.. I just think it was a short interview so he didn't get to do much else..

DirtMcGirt
05-18-2009, 08:57 PM
Hannity without a doubt brought up the 911 commision report topic just to get Jesse to say something off the radar and "discredit" himself in the eyes of the sheep. Jesse showed great restraint.

Hannity didnt want to touch the torture topic

klamath
05-18-2009, 08:58 PM
He wasn't even getting his facts right. Democrats spend with cash??? There is without a doubt plenty to attack Bush on but not the way he did it.
I wasn't sure on Jesse but it is nice to cross someone off the list for good as far a a candidate.

Bman
05-18-2009, 08:58 PM

From my perspective he was defending them becasue to not do so would have conceded that Hannity would be right, which lets face it that jackass has been wrong for quite sometime.

Heck, no one should even go on Hannity's show.

sdczen
05-18-2009, 09:02 PM
It appears he hates the Bush admin so much that he can't see how similar the Obama admin is in comparison.

asimplegirl
05-18-2009, 09:04 PM

sounds like it to me, too.

I feel like I am following you around agreeing with everything you say.

max
05-18-2009, 09:05 PM
Jesse knows that 9/11 was an inside job...so why did he go along with this Isama Bin Laden nonsense???

I cant believe he would defend that communist president Obama like that???

and why did he say he's a Goldwater Republican (half a century ago!!!)...instead of saying he's a Ron paul Republican???...

Folks...we need to wash our hands of this guy....he sucks

klamath
05-18-2009, 09:08 PM
It appears he hates the Bush admin so much that he can't see how similar the Obama admin is in comparison.

Which shows me he is a poor leader that can't even go up against Hannity without getting flustered and turning into a Democrat shill when he should have been attacking the wrongs of both sides.

GunnyFreedom
05-18-2009, 09:20 PM
From my perspective he was defending them becasue to not do so would have conceded that Hannity would be right, which lets face it that jackass has been wrong for quite sometime.

Heck, no one should even go on Hannity's show.

So does that mean that Ventura cares more about appearances than the truth? for a point of fact, in this case Shammity IS right -- Obama sucks.

You can't have integrity and just take the devil's advocate position just because "it's cool to be contrarian."

If someone has integrity, then when someone is right, they are right -- even when you hate them.

I give you for example, Ron Paul cooperating with Barney Franks when it suits the agenda.

Ron Paul has integrity. Ventura decidedly does not!

ClayTrainor
05-18-2009, 09:20 PM
Which shows me he is a poor leader that can't even go up against Hannity without getting flustered and turning into a Democrat shill when he should have been attacking the wrongs of both sides.

Ron Paul got pretty dam flustered against Bill O'Reilly. I would probably get flustered if i was on the air with those talking heads, as well.

Saying the right thing, on the spot, knowing that millions are watching, is not so easy to do and it's easy to worry about your own ego. Jesse got too anti-Bush, but in a way, that's how you hit the Hannitards where it hurts.

I really want to hear ventura on AJ, so we can clear a few things up.

asimplegirl
05-18-2009, 09:21 PM
Ugh. Politicians make me sick...so do tv hosts.

GunnyFreedom
05-18-2009, 09:23 PM
sounds like it to me, too.

I feel like I am following you around agreeing with everything you say.

LOL GMTA I suppose. ;)

But then we generally agree on lots of things.

Like I mentioned in another thread somewhere on another topic; I have nearly the precisely identical platform to Ron Paul (haven't found anything I disagree on yet) and the reason for that is because both of our platforms are informed by the exact same source -- Constitutional Originalism.

Because our platforms come from the same source, oddly enough it develops into the identical platform.

Likewise you and I, I believe have as the origins of our beliefs the same source.

asimplegirl
05-18-2009, 09:25 PM
I think so... I have no platforms that differ from Ron Paul's.

I just feel like an ass for agreeing with everything you say. LOL.. like a school girl.

Bman
05-18-2009, 09:27 PM
So does that mean that Ventura cares more about appearances than the truth? for a point of fact, in this case Shammity IS right -- Obama sucks.

You can't have integrity and just take the devil's advocate position just because "it's cool to be contrarian."

If someone has integrity, then when someone is right, they are right -- even when you hate them.

I give you for example, Ron Paul cooperating with Barney Franks when it suits the agenda.

Oh yeah dude. I would never compare Ventura to Dr. Paul. Of course Ventura does not have integrity. If he really meant any of what he says he wouldn't be surfing in Mexico. I just think he has more good things to say than bad things.

Bman
05-18-2009, 09:31 PM
I think so... I have no platforms that differ from Ron Paul's.

I just feel like an ass for agreeing with everything you say. LOL.. like a school girl.

It's not a bad thing agreeing with Gunny. Certainly a voice of opinion on this board I like reading.

max
05-18-2009, 09:31 PM
Ron Paul got pretty dam flustered against Bill O'Reilly. Jesse got too anti-Bush, but in a way, that's how you hit the Hannitards where it hurts.

Ventura showed me that he wont go out on a limb for truth.

It's easy to bash Bush and Checey because everyone hates them. But Obama is still popular so Jesse punked out.

His comment about Democrats being "pay as you go" was absolutely ludicrous.

mrchubbs
05-18-2009, 09:34 PM
Trillions in spending, the devaluation of the dollar, nationalization of the American economy, increasing unemployment, undeclared war, subsidization of abortion, the continuation of the War on Drugs, warrantless searches and wiretapping, Real ID, the NAFTA superhighway, continued movement towards one-world government, detainment of prisoners without probable cause, the transparency of the Federal Reserve....

...yeah, you're right. None of that matters.

I swear, there are some people on these forums who need to get their priorities in place. Investigating 9/11 doesn't bring the towers back, doesn't bring the lives of American soldiers or Iraqi civilians back, doesn't erase the terrors of Gitmo, doesn't erase the Patriot Act, etc. It won't give you your Constitutional rights back, no matter what the investigation reveals. You have to stand as a sovereign individual to get them back.

Is there some forum award for the perfect response to an inane comment? This should win it, hands down.

Enjoy.

asimplegirl
05-18-2009, 09:34 PM
It's not a bad thing agreeing with Gunny. Certainly a voice of opinion on this board I like reading.

Yeah, he is a VERY smart man. Don't tell him, but I wish I knew him in real life. SHHH!!

klamath
05-18-2009, 09:39 PM
Ron Paul got pretty dam flustered against Bill O'Reilly. I would probably get flustered if i was on the air with those talking heads, as well.

Saying the right thing, on the spot, knowing that millions are watching, is not so easy to do and it's easy to worry about your own ego. Jesse got too anti-Bush, but in a way, that's how you hit the Hannitards where it hurts.

RP may have been flustered but he didn't fall apart and praise the Democrats to High He** and get facts wrong. If Jesse would have been supporting the democrats where they needed it and defended the republicans where they needed it that is one thing. Ron Paul has been talking about the deficits for a lot longer the Ross Perot.

GunnyFreedom
05-18-2009, 09:50 PM
Oh yeah dude. I would never compare Ventura to Dr. Paul. Of course Ventura does not have integrity. If he really meant any of what he says he wouldn't be surfing in Mexico. I just think he has more good things to say than bad things.

Well, he's nowhere near as bad as McCain and Lindsey Graham, that's for certain.

If I were to come up with a completely arbitrary scale that puts McCain at zero and Paul at 100

I'd put Graham around 25, Ventura around 50, and Mark Sanford around 75.

My 'political support' starts somewhere around 70.

You may be right that he has more good to say than bad. I do not disagree with you that having him on television destroying the false left-right paradigm is not merely a good thing, but a GREAT thing.

but I could never support him for public office unless he managed to climb somewhere north of 70 on my completely arbitrary 0 to 100 scale. ;)

GunnyFreedom
05-18-2009, 09:53 PM

aww shucks :o

thanks Bman -- I'm not just saying it to return the favor, but historically you have been one of those that I would be hard pressed to find disagreements with. Likewise torchbearer, ASG, and a very few select others.

ETA - klamath has always been one of those also, IIRC

GunnyFreedom
05-18-2009, 10:00 PM
Yeah, he is a VERY smart man. Don't tell him, but I wish I knew him in real life. SHHH!!

Raleigh NC is only what, 15 hours by car? :eek:

convince torchbearer to come and we'll make it a party. He's a good good friend, and I'd like to see him again.

ETA -- I'd give my left arm if RPF's would hide my signature whenever I post X, Y Z, posts in a row so I didn't have to go back and edit my posts to remove it. This siggy is GREAT at the end of my posts. its HORRID 3 times in a row.

asimplegirl
05-18-2009, 10:25 PM
I so completely get the siggy thing.

And, thing is, if I came, you'd probably never get shed of me. :D I am clingy that way.

Dreamofunity
05-18-2009, 10:56 PM
He's interesting to watch, never really been a fan though.

GunnyFreedom
05-18-2009, 11:00 PM
I so completely get the siggy thing.

And, thing is, if I came, you'd probably never get shed of me. :D I am clingy that way.

Other than the fact that supporting 2 is more difficult than supporting 1; you say that like it's a bad thing...

asimplegirl
05-18-2009, 11:24 PM
You should check your PMs one of these days. LOL.

paulitics
05-19-2009, 06:44 AM
Well, he's nowhere near as bad as McCain and Lindsey Graham, that's for certain.

If I were to come up with a completely arbitrary scale that puts McCain at zero and Paul at 100

I'd put Graham around 25, Ventura around 50, and Mark Sanford around 75.

My 'political support' starts somewhere around 70.

You may be right that he has more good to say than bad. I do not disagree with you that having him on television destroying the false left-right paradigm is not merely a good thing, but a GREAT thing.

but I could never support him for public office unless he managed to climb somewhere north of 70 on my completely arbitrary 0 to 100 scale. ;)

I like this scale idea.
I would put Graham at 0, Sanford at 30, Ventura 60%, Paul 90%.

I don't trust Sanford on the wars, torture, drug war, wiretapping, homeland security, or most issues of the sort.

Ventura gets an A+ on these issues, and although Ventura made some ridiculous comments on the Hannity show, I still trust him slightly more on the economy than Sanford. The only way to get back to fiscal responsibility is to end the wars, end the drug war, end the police state, etc. So, Sanford may sound good on the economy, but unless he cuts back on these programs substantially, his rhetoric doesn't amount to anything. This is no different than Reagan, or even Bush's rhetoric of 2000.

Now here is where I don't trust Ventura. I don't trust him on Social Security, Medicare, education, global warming, and health care. I need to read up a little more on where he stands on these issues, but I can now see him criticising Obama if he doesn't go far enough on certain socialist policies. If Ventura would speak out against socialised medicing and climate change B.S I would give him a much higher score.

Rock Sexton
05-19-2009, 01:44 PM
I knew something was wrong when I saw him on Larry King's show; it was certainly a stark contrast from his condemnation of Obama in The Obama Deception.

Exactly. It was like a completely different Jesse Ventura in AJ's film. The one I saw on Hannity was some hypnotized Obamanite.

Rock Sexton
05-19-2009, 01:44 PM

I know ........ Ironic huh? Made absolutely no sense.

Rock Sexton
05-19-2009, 01:46 PM
You guys serious?

It's quite obvious the point is that hypocrites like Hannity have no room to talk. The only reason they are blasting Obama is because they aren't the ones f-in things up.

Watching that video I saw a man attacking hypocrisy, not supporting Obama.

Praising Obama for his intelligence and speaking abilities and asking for us to give him time............... ya he was not supporting Mr. O....... :rolleyes:

Rock Sexton
05-19-2009, 01:48 PM

No. He said outrigt that the Republicans caused this mess, not "helped to" ......

Rock Sexton
05-19-2009, 01:49 PM
Nope that one did Jesse in for me. He was out and out shilling for Obama. The Democrats pay cash for their spending???? OBama voted for the first bailout and was the main leader that brought the black caucus around to vote for it the second time. The majority of the votes against bush's bailout were republicans. He was as much a shill for the democrats as hannity was for the republicans They were both a joke.
Jesse is dead to me as far as ever being a person I would vote for.

LOL ...... I believe the quote was "Republicans charge it and the Dems pay cash in full" ................ just a pitiful display of ignorance.

Rock Sexton
05-19-2009, 01:50 PM

You like having a double-talking flop-flopper who's merely trying to ride Obama's nutt sack into a political office?

Rock Sexton
05-19-2009, 01:52 PM

Amen.