PDA

View Full Version : I'm from Kentucky...

johnkyblue
05-18-2009, 12:51 PM
and am closely tied to Jim Bunning Sr.

He voted against NAFTA and against the bailout. Is the Rand Paul community going to support him less or the same amount as they would Rand?

dannno
05-18-2009, 12:54 PM
Less due to his stance on foreign policy.

That's a really big issue around here.

Andrew-Austin
05-18-2009, 12:57 PM

He voted against NAFTA and against the bailout. Is the Rand Paul community going to support him less or the same amount as they would Rand?

I'd like to hear more about his record, perhaps I'll just look it up myself if no one wants to post it.

torchbearer
05-18-2009, 12:58 PM

Has Bunning asked for our help?

dannno
05-18-2009, 01:10 PM
In general Ron Paul supporters believe that our military actions around the world are actually creating a more dangerous America. We cannot dominate the globe by force, and in our attempts we will create more hostility.

Consider the following article:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A5339-2002Mar22?language=printer

Now consider that the article you just read was probably one bullet point in a list of 20 or 30 or more in direct CIA propaganda operations initiated against the people of Afghanistan in order to militarize their general population and create radical groups to fight Russia. People don't soon forget things like this. Now you are surprised that there are violent extremist groups there who blame their plight on the US and other global powers that are connected to us?

In 1953 our CIA overthrew the democratically Shah of Iran who wanted to use profits from oil revenue to benefit the people of the country, and in turn put in a brutal dictator who would allow the global corporations to essentially steal their resources. Gross human rights violations occurred over the next several years.

This has been US policy ever since, and although they turned to utilizing the drug war to fund private intelligence agencies based out of the Bahamas to do a lot of their dirty work so the CIA wouldn't get caught with their pants down again (it was documented several times, but was not widely reported by mainstream media sources), there is plenty of cooperation within these agencies as well as some very good people who have tried to put a stop to it.

I am sorry for oversimplifying, it takes months if not years of hard research to find out what American's real foreign policy is, and one of the first things I would recommend is to disassociate all of these bad things with things that Americans support. I can assure you that very few Americans know about these things or support these things. That doesn't mean they don't exist, and that is why we are here, to help educate. I can also assure you that the people running these operations do NOT have America's true interest at heart. They are globalists who are ultimately attempting to gain power over our country's government and lead us into a more global governing type of a system where we will lose our sovereignty.

If you have any questions on foreign policy, please let us know. I am far from an "expert", though I have done some extensive research.

I'm sure that if Senator Bunning changed his stance on foreign policy that many of us would highly consider supporting him.

Matt Collins
05-18-2009, 01:16 PM
One cannot be conservative if one advocates big government domestically or abroad.

ktorp18
05-18-2009, 01:21 PM
Short answer: Rand Paul would get much more support from us than Bunning would.

johnkyblue
05-18-2009, 01:47 PM
No questions about Kentucky and it's politics? Kentucky has lots of statewide races, AG, Farm Comm, and on and on and on.

It's a liability for Rand that he hasn't had one of those spots. I'd say right now the favorite in the race is Jack Conway for that reason.

johnkyblue
05-18-2009, 01:53 PM
How did Bunning vote on all those UNBALANCED Bush budgets? Did you support those?I'm a lot different from Bunning politics wise, although I'm very empathetic to the libertarian movement. Just said I was close, didn't say how, and I was exaggerating probably.

Mitch McConnell is about the worst there is IMHO, except for the flag burning vote.

torchbearer
05-18-2009, 01:57 PM
No questions about Kentucky and it's politics? Kentucky has lots of statewide races, AG, Farm Comm, and on and on and on.

It's a liability for Rand that he hasn't had one of those spots. I'd say right now the favorite in the race is Jack Conway for that reason.

Politics are secondary to principle. I think this is why Ron Paul supporters aren't always welcomed. We aren't partisans and we put country before party and politics.
Rand should be in the Senate. He didn't need to play professional baseball to get that privilege.

slacker921
05-18-2009, 02:05 PM

Bunning takes money from AIPAC.... lots of money. Why is AIPAC so interested in Kentucky?

Cowlesy
05-18-2009, 02:06 PM
I'm a lot different from Bunning politics wise, although I'm very empathetic to the libertarian movement. Just said I was close, didn't say how, and I was exaggerating probably.

Mitch McConnell is about the worst there is IMHO, except for the flag burning vote.

Yeah, well we share that sentiment. Mitch McConnell is a super-RINO.

Welcome to the board :)

torchbearer
05-18-2009, 02:15 PM
Bunning takes money from AIPAC.... lots of money. Why is AIPAC so interested in Kentucky?

Looking for support from the home of the best Bourbons?

skyorbit
05-18-2009, 11:38 PM
He should run even if Bunning doesn't drop out. That will raise his profile, so he can run against Mitch in 2012 if he doesn't win. It'd be a might easier race to win.

Of course, he can win this one.

Tracy

johnkyblue
05-19-2009, 07:21 AM
Nope, Mitch won't be up for a LONG time, dagnabbit.

2014 is right.

ctiger2
05-19-2009, 08:17 AM
I don't support Bunning at all.

I support Rand Paul and have already donated.

brandon
05-19-2009, 08:34 AM

Hey, welcome to the forums. I'd be interested in hearing more of your opinion on Kentucky politics, as I don't know very much.

Most of the "Ron Paul Community" will not likely donate any money or volunteer for Bunning if he wins the primary. I'm sure most of us would want him to win the general, but I doubt many would care enough to actually help him win.

steined
05-19-2009, 09:44 AM
Bunning can't win in November 2010 when it matters. As much as I like most of his votes, he puts his foot in his mouth often and he is not as charismatic as he should be about Liberty and the Constitution.

I'd support Bunning over Grayson in a heartbeat (Grayson was a Clinton Delegate and Democrat remember?!) . But we might have Rand in the Primary, Rand is a better option. He is an articulate and charismatic voice for Reason and Liberty.

People always complain about voting for the lesser of two evils, here we have the possibility of voting for the better of two good men. I think it is ok to say one is better than the other and I'll stick to that. Rand has my vote. That doesn't mean Jim is a bad man.

itshappening
05-19-2009, 10:01 AM
hey steined, if Grayson supported Clinton is there a picture of him with his hero? that could be damaging, we need to find some stuff on him from the early 90's!

SWATH
05-19-2009, 10:04 AM
Hey Eric,

Bunning is not too bad but he doesn't like us very well if you recall our last encounter with him.

steined
05-19-2009, 12:38 PM
Hey Eric,

Bunning is not too bad but he doesn't like us very well if you recall our last encounter with him.

It seems no one wants to believe that conversation ever happened, but I do agree with you and do recall the encounter.