PDA

View Full Version : General Wesley Clark on Daily Show...

Noog
09-20-2007, 06:26 PM
Some of his ideas about the war seemed really familiar...

Spirit of '76
09-20-2007, 06:34 PM
You'll excuse me if I take anything the Butcher of Belgrade says with a heaping helping of salt.

lucius
09-20-2007, 06:36 PM
You'll excuse me if I take anything the Butcher of Belgrade says with a heaping helping of salt.

Agreed

Spirit of '76
09-20-2007, 06:37 PM
"There are an awful lot of people," a retired four-star general told the Washington Post, "who believe Wes will tell anybody what they want to hear and tell somebody the exact opposite five minutes later."

Maybe that's why documentary filmmaker Michael Moore fell hook, line and sinker for former General Wesley [Wes] Clark's claim that he's opposed to war.

Clark, of course, isn't opposed to war -- not in any fashion that counts, and anyone who thinks a career military man who fought in Vietnam and led NATO's 78-day war on Yugoslavia is opposed to war must be doing a practicum in bamboozling the public, or has been bamboozled himself.

Clark's alleged antiwar credentials were apparently established by a few reservations the former general expressed about the Pentagon's tactics in Iraq, as in "I would have done it differently," so to say Clark is opposed to war is like saying the former executioner is opposed to capital punishment because if he were still in charge he would have used a noose, not the electric chair.

FAIR, the media watchdog, dug up some of Clark's former columns on the war in Iraq.

"Let's have those parades on the Mall and down Constitution Avenue," Clark wrote on April 10th in The Times of London.

"American military power," he crowed, the next day, in the same paper, "especially when buttressed by Britain's, is virtually unchallengeable today."

"Take us on? Don't try!"

Wow! You can't get much more antiwar than that.
http://globalresearch.ca/articles/GOW309A.html

ctb619
09-20-2007, 06:39 PM
he lost my respect a long time ago

angelatc
09-20-2007, 08:08 PM
Jon Stewart scared me. When he compared Iraq to a large gaping wound, then the surge to stitches in a part of it, then asked why we didn't do more "stitching." I thought right away that would mean more troops, which actually would mean a draft....scary stuff.

Give me liberty
09-20-2007, 09:15 PM
Some of his ideas about the war seemed really familiar...

Sorry but General Wesley Clark will never have my respect nor will he have the respect of the american people for what he has done in Yugoslavia :mad:

JosephTheLibertarian
09-20-2007, 10:28 PM
I always thought Wesley Clark looked like Ron Paul

ctb619
09-20-2007, 11:11 PM
Just watched the segment....both Clark and Stewart used RP's talking points on Iraq

Wendi
09-21-2007, 09:33 AM
The Weasel is a murderer. Any comparison to Dr. Paul is a fallacy designed by the MSM to muddy the waters of truth.